Trouble in Terrorist Town

Sure it's a part of the game, but only when the innocent actually has a good reason to kill him. Say, they think they saw them murder someone but were mistaken, or perhaps running away from an unidentified body while injured, after you just heard a gunfight.
That is what I mean. Except I think following someone around constantly and not heeding warnings counts as a good reason, and apparently you don't. In practice I find myself not killing people when they do that because I'm too nice (and then they stab me), but I think it's a decent reason.

In most cases, innocents killing innocents just leads to one pissed off person, and one very sorry person, or even angry at that innocent person for doing whatever he did to make him kill him. It's funny to the traitors usually, but it's not necessary for the traitors to win.
In smaller rounds, it's quite possible for the traitor to get all innocents to kill each other.

Me, Raz, Sliver, Viper, and others have seen what happens when people start killing based on suspicion alone. With all due respect to your opinion of how the game should be played as its creator, it's really totally shit, and ruins the game.
You are misunderstanding my opinion (and jumping down my throat, thanks).

Anyway, best solution is playing with people who you like and know, for whom "suspicion" actually means they saw someone act suspicious rather than "he pointed a gun at me".

That is what I mean. Except I think following someone around constantly and not heeding warnings counts as a good reason, and apparently you don't. In practice I find myself not killing people when they do that because I'm too nice (and then they stab me), but I think it's a decent reason.
I don't think killing someone for following you around a lot is warranted, but I think after enough warnings, everyone in the server is going to be aware of who you are with, and so if he makes the kill it's going to be very obvious whodunnit.

As for the detective though, I believe he should be given some authority as the only truly trustworthy person. I think a detective has the right to kill someone that doesn't follow his orders. Such as staying away, dropping a weapon, etc.

In smaller rounds, it's quite possible for the traitor to get all innocents to kill each other.
Of course, but like I said it's not necessary for a win.

You are misunderstanding my opinion (and jumping down my throat, thanks).
Er sorry, I wasn't calling your opinion totally shit :p I was saying that when that happens, it's totally shit. I don't know why you think I'm jumping down your throat :x

I joined another TTT server the other day, and one of the rules they enforced was that if your karma is below 600, you would get a 10 minute ban. Should we enforce this?

The only problem would be people having low karma unintentionally because they've been tricked into killing other innocents.

I joined another TTT server the other day, and one of the rules they enforced was that if your karma is below 600, you would get a 10 minute ban. Should we enforce this?

The only problem would be people having low karma unintentionally because they've been tricked into killing other innocents.

They could stop being so quick to pull the trigger.

Yeah after my karma goes below 850/900 from killing innocents (usually for a fairly legit reason) I become far more careful. Only RDM tards would let it drop far enough to get kicked.

Definitely, microphone makes the game so much better. And if you don't have one make sure you bind a bunch of hotkeys for various messages/use the ingame chat thing as needed. The game is nothing without communication.

Do you mean like 'Reeeflex acts suspicious.' and stuff like that?

I thought there were a default keys set for that?

Naw, you have to bind them. It took me a while, but I figured it out.

Oh, I have to do that, but how do you get a certain name where you want it to?

Oh, I have to do that, but how do you get a certain name where you want it to?

20100830111024capture.png

You posted this just as I found it.
But thanks anyway.

Remember when almost everybody died because of that one glitchy tripwire on dm_richs?

33wmet1.jpg

Do you have some sort of blood mod? Your blood looks way different.

Anyway, just finished playing for like 8 hours. I'm really thirsty.

Do you have some sort of blood mod? Your blood looks way different.

Anyway, just finished playing for like 8 hours. I'm really thirsty.

I don't recall ever installing a blood mod... although, I do have textures set to Very High and Anisotropic filtering maxed out. I'm going to assume that's it.

Err no, I have those same settings. The blood on the guy on the bottom left looks different than mine, and the blood on the floor has these translucent areas that I've never seen.

...What? Do we own this? A 40-slot TTT server full of bots?
Or is it just made by some assholes trying to make this look like it's the real server that redirects to their server....?

mjmjk9.png

It's definitely a fake server. Last time I checked, the official TTT server we've got only has 16 available player slots. I've got to start playing, by the way.

What makes you say those are bots? Those don't look like bot names to me.

Encountered sort of a weird glitch yesterday. After jailing Wooz, whenever someone killed him he would just respawn instantly right where he was, but would leave a body behind. So we had like 8 dead Wooz bodies, so I started putting them in these nice chairs.

20100902185312capture.jpg

...What? Do we own this? A 40-slot TTT server full of bots?
Or is it just made by some assholes trying to make this look like it's the real server that redirects to their server....?

mjmjk9.png

There is an exploit in the Steam authentication mechanisms that primarily affects GMod (because there's no VAC). The long and short of it is that you should be very careful what servers you join, especially if you're admin on a server. There are fake servers that copy some of your SteamID information, allowing people to spoof it. Most server plugins hand out admin rights based on SteamID, so if someone can spoof your ID, they can do very bad things.

This will be fixed in upcoming engine and gmod updates, but until then you should be careful for this kind of stuff.

That's very disconcerting to hear.

I'd love to try this game [mode], i have Gmod and CSS. It seems like a bit of a closed door though, i'm sure if i join a server and start noobing it up, i'll get screamed at.

Maybe i can come and try it with you guys one time?

I'd love to try this game [mode], i have Gmod and CSS. It seems like a bit of a closed door though, i'm sure if i join a server and start noobing it up, i'll get screamed at.

Maybe i can come and try it with you guys one time?

Well don't be too afraid. Most servers are just full of people noobing it up. The only way to get a legitimate game is to find a server full of people who want to play the game properly, which you will get if you join us. So yeah, feel free to pop in anytime and we'll be happy to show you the ropes without too much screaming.

Well don't be too afraid. Most servers are just full of people noobing it up. The only way to get a legitimate game is to find a server full of people who want to play the game properly, which you will get if you join us. So yeah, feel free to pop in anytime and we'll be happy to show you the ropes without too much screaming.

Ah cool, yeah i'd like to play with you guys, what's the HL2 server, or do i add you guys on steam and join you when you are going to play?

Hang around in hl2.net steam chat.

Prime play time is anywhere from 7-?pm est

I don't sound old, **** all of you.

I'll strain my cane up your ass.

I played Clue with my family today. Two games of it. Was pretty fun.

But I kept wondering... why couldn't I just DNA scan the weapons?

I was also wondering why there weren't more bodies to be found, and why the killer let the time run out instead of going out in a blaze of glory.

Nobody turned the lights out either, which was unusual.

I'll strain my cane up your ass.

You know just what I like, don't you?

Edit 2010-09-06: **** it, I'm done with the HL2.net server, was on it now, so was admin, yet admin was letting everyone RDM everyone.

I've decided to just stick with The Ice Cave server, if anyone wants to play on public TTT server's that the one to go on, very active admins who enforce strict rules regarding RDMing(One blatant RDM and you get a permban which requires you to register on their forums and appeal it, it really helps weeding out the bad sorts who just want to make the game a lame free-for-all)

Sadly the server is currently down for some maintenance, which is why I dared play on the HL2.net server when pubies was on it. Something I highly regret.

Edit 2: Yes, I know the above was totally me raging over a game, but it's just annoying when a game that's supposed to be about stealth and wit devolves into 75% free-for-all RDMing.

We need more mods on the TTT server. I think it should be Milly and I, who are on the server most of the time. Vegeta only plays at night and Sliver plays whenever he feels like it; Glenn and Atomic don't play that often either. Right now as I'm typing there are 4 RDMers on the server and Vegeta and Sliver are on Steam but not at their computers, and no-one is helping enfore the rules. We need more mods or the server will go to shit.

Okay, f*ck it, I'm going to install this right now. I need to play this. Also I would like to be a mod for the sole purpose of upholding game-design justice.

You know just what I like, don't you?

Edit 2010-09-06: **** it, I'm done with the HL2.net server, was on it now, so was admin, yet admin was letting everyone RDM everyone.

I've decided to just stick with The Ice Cave server, if anyone wants to play on public TTT server's that the one to go on, very active admins who enforce strict rules regarding RDMing(One blatant RDM and you get a permban which requires you to register on their forums and appeal it, it really helps weeding out the bad sorts who just want to make the game a lame free-for-all)

Sadly the server is currently down for some maintenance, which is why I dared play on the HL2.net server when pubies was on it. Something I highly regret.

Edit 2: Yes, I know the above was totally me raging over a game, but it's just annoying when a game that's supposed to be about stealth and wit devolves into 75% free-for-all RDMing.
Oh man, your QQ feels good.

Also that server sounds awful.

We need more mods on the TTT server. I think it should be Milly and I, who are on the server most of the time. Vegeta only plays at night and Sliver plays whenever he feels like it; Glenn and Atomic don't play that often either. Right now as I'm typing there are 4 RDMers on the server and Vegeta and Sliver are on Steam but not at their computers, and no-one is helping enfore the rules. We need more mods or the server will go to shit.

I occasionally go in to moderate, but honestly I prefer to only do it when I'm playing. Every time I hop in there after someone like Wooz or another tells me about an RDMer, they see me coming in and leave and I end up just wasting my time. If I had a way to get a steam ID of an individual from their steam page, and ban them based on that, it would be great.

The RDMer's come in wavs. One person starts RDMing and gets banned, and then more and more people, sometimes the previous RDMer's friends starts RDMing. I often have to end up banning four or five people in a short period of time due to very, VERY blatant RDMing. Most often I catch it when I'm the traitor and I see some innocent blast another innocent to death right at round start. Or when I'm the traitor and some innocent just randomly blasts me in the face at the start.

Who is Wooz on the forums? Whoever it is, your extremely suspicious little laugh thing you do when trying to not seem like a traitor makes me crack up every time you do it.

He's not on the forums.

He is, but he only recently registered. Probably won't stay.

But he wasn't a HL2.net member. He was a guy that played with Sliver, Vegeta, Me and a couple others one night, and decided to stick around after adding a couple of us to his friends list(I normally only add hl2.netters, but added him).

EDIT: wait... he was on the forums, but now he's not. I thought he registered as wooz.

Anyway... I wasn't able to play tonight, sorry. And I probably won't be able to play at all this week.

Oh man, your QQ feels good.

Also that server sounds awful.

I knew it, I always thought I could feel someone's tongue under my eyes and on my cheeks when I was QQing, now I know it's you taking nourishment from my tears!

The Ice Cave sounds awful you mean? It really isn't, it has more activate admins than the HL2.net server and less RDM currently, plus it's a European server so it gives me a lot better ping.

Back