Uber Update Day 2: Timbuk Tuesday

Sliver

Companion Cube
Reaction score
[br]
With another day of the week comes more details for the Uber Update. This round of Arabian themed items are for the Demoman and Sniper classes. The Demoman is recieving a new shield, sword, and boots, while the Sniper will get a new sword and sniper rifle.
  • Demoman
    • The Splendid Screen- Shield that increases resistance to both fire and explosions, deals charge impact at any range as well as increasing it by 10%
    • The Persian Persuader- Sword that gives 100% increase in charge recharge rate, and turns all ammo collected into health
    • Ali Baba's Wee Booties- Shoes that give +25 health, and 100% increase in turning control while charging
  • Sniper
    • The Bazaar Bargain- Sniper rifle that gives +10 charge per second after each headshot, but reduces charge on both body and missed shots
    • The Shahanshah- Sword that gives a 25% boost to damage when health is less than 50% max, and decreases 25% damage when health is more than 50% max[br]You can read the official blog post here.

Triple jump for the scout? That's a pretty big deal. What penalties are there for the demoman items?

Anyone notice this? Its been a while since the heavy has a new secondary weapon other than food items which is the Family Business. Same for scout. They are bringing back another pistol. Honestly, these new items looked like obvious ramped up versions of the original TF2 class arsenals. But I do like this triple jump on the bat. Sounds like a lot of fun.

Triple jump for the scout? That's a pretty big deal. What penalties are there for the demoman items?

I couldn't see any, though if you go all melee, included the boots, then you have no ranged capabilities I think

not having the pipe bombs/sticky launcher makes you terrible at doing your job

Oh hell yes I have wanted to use the Soda Poper ever since I first saw it. One of my favourite weapon designs.
If you equip the shield you have no sticky launcher (and it gives less protection than the targe).
If you equip the boots you have to grenade launcher.
If you equip the sword you cannot pick up ammo.

I hope there are achievements for all of these items. That would be most helpful.

I don't think there will ever be an unlock which will replace my sticky launcher. I don't understand anyone who uses the demo shields, it makes you half the class you can be...its versatility is unmatched.

As a medic, this may be somewhat useful: used on the other team it means I die half as much, used on our team it's a note to self, "don't uber that guy".

I quite like the sniper rifle from what it says. Forces me to practice on headshots rather than the cheap bodyshots.

I don't think there will ever be an unlock which will replace my sticky launcher. I don't understand anyone who uses the demo shields, it makes you half the class you can be...its versatility is unmatched.
Demoknighting is fun. Just treat it as a separate class to the Demoman.

What the hell does 3rd jump does 10 damage even mean???

New update. TWO packs for Soldier.
Rocket Launcher that shoots high-speed rockets but only three rockets per clip
Shotgun that mini-crits juggled enemies and has a faster weapon-switch but only has 3 ammo per clip
A shovel that crits while rocket jumping but doesn't randomly crit
Boots that reduce knockback and enable goomba-stomping
A melee that speeds up allies for a few seconds when you hit them

Back