Unlockables, acheivments, ideas thread.

Actually I think most of the alternative weapons by Valve have been outstanding, except of course the KGB and ubersaw, which are simply upgrades. The axetinguisher is awesome, but of course broken. Natascha I like a lot more than most people, it's a little underpowered, but with a kritzkrieg-esque update it'll be fine. They have yet to make a radical alternative, but really, there hasn't been the option. I expect to see some great stuff in the spy and engineer update.

You're inferring that I believe the unlockables to be poor. I never said such a thing.

Natascha is actually incredibly useful. It's great for trapping Engineers away from their sentries, tearing up Pyros as they attempt to rush you with their flamethrowers, and halting any escaping enemies in their tracks. I vastly prefer it to the Minigun.

I'm inferring that I think some of the updates are poor. Mostly not.

The Bug Zapper:

Replaces: Engie Pistol

The Bug Zapper fires a concentrated beam of electricity at the enemy causing a knockback effect similar to the pyro's compression blast, making it a handy weapon for pushing foes into sentry gun range. The downside to the weapon is that it does little damage to the enemy, making it a weapon best used along with the shotgun and if it is fired under the water the engineer takes damage.

Let's have a teleporter unlockable which forces the engineer the build the entrance on the battlefield while we're at it.

I don't see what your problem is...

I made it only 50% of the normal stabbing rate so you can go ****ing stupid while people run at you, it could also be used to scare the enemy into retreating slightly, enough the cloak round a corner.

Tbh you wouldn't charge with it, anyway. You'd be disguised. Just means they'd have to keep away while shooting at you.

I think that VALVe should add a special kind of bone-saw. The bone-saw heals allies by 100 HP. The downside is that it cant cause damage on enemies.

I think that VALVe should add a special kind of bone-saw. The bone-saw heals allies by 100 HP. The downside is that it cant cause damage on enemies.

The heal-ray is a lot more efficient than that.

Unless...

HOLY SHIT ALL MELEE SUDDEN DEATH!

Ah, I'm confusing it with imply. Shit, well I've made myself to be quite a fool.

I don't see what your problem is...

I made it only 50% of the normal stabbing rate so you can go ****ing stupid while people run at you, it could also be used to scare the enemy into retreating slightly, enough the cloak round a corner.

You gave an idea that completely disrupt the class's main role, so I gave you one back.

You gave an idea that completely disrupt the class's main role, so I gave you one back.

No you didn't. You responding with a completely stupid and backwards notion which defeated the purpose of the class, not changed his role.

Ha, you've already complimented my idea! My self-confidence lives to fight another day!

Shit, I did? When?

Really? Without my knowledge? Truly you are a spy at heart.

Col.%20Sheepo.png

Trapoline: Replaces Engineer Dispencer. When made it is invisible on a small patch of the ground. When an enemy steps on it, they are sent flying into the air, so it's best used on large out in the open maps. Smaller classes go higher, so it affects Scouts the best and Heavies the least. Meant to hurt enemies thanks to fall damage. Can only be used once before it dissapears, and it can also work with allies to boost them up to high spots, though they can see where it is and spies gain the ability to do so when they are disguised. Note: It hurts your teammates too so try not to place it around key points.

Best griefing tool ever.

You must not give a way for someone to hurt his mates, there will always be some jackass trying to deliberately annoy his team.

And while we're at it, the fall damage is not amazing in tf2, the maximum damage output being around 40ish.

If it was around HL2's (e.g : instant death after several meters high), then it could be acceptable.

Useful for sentries. Get a man in the air and there's no stopping that sentry.

The Temp-O-'Spener:

Replaces: Dispenser

The Temp-O-'Spenser is a portable dispenser that features a minuscule 3 second build time, making it perfect for offensive engineering. You are also allowed three Temps however, this comes with a downside: unlike a standard dispenser the Temp-O-'Spenser only holds 200 metal, as soon as the internal supply is expended the Temp-O-'Spenser self-destructs.

What about ammo? Does it only hold a limited amount of ammunition?

Metal = Ammo sorry about the confusion I meant to say that once you totally expend the Temp-O-Spenser's internal ammo/metal supply it self-destructs.

With normal dispensers ammo and metal are different things.

Stale Cookie

Replaces sapper

As with the sapper, it can be used without losing disguises. When given to an enemy heavy, the next time he eats a sandvich his minigun will be changed, causing it to heal your allies. This effect lasts for a minute.

Started off as me thinking it would be amusing to have everyone going around screaming, "Cookie as sandvich!"

Stale Cookie

Replaces sapper

As with the sapper, it can be used without losing disguises. When given to an enemy heavy, the next time he eats a sandvich his minigun will be changed, causing it to heal your allies. This effect lasts for a minute.

Rotten Ham

Replaces: Sapper

As with the sapper, it can be used without losing disguises. When next to a heavy, a spy uses this near him, the next time he eats a Sandvich to heal, he becomes Food poisoned, slowly losing health (10-15 per second). No healing can stop the poison he can only be kept alive by Medics and Dispensers. The downside is the Spy can no longer sap sentrys but can weaken heavys in battle and can also prevent straight forward offensive charges from the Heavys.

Actually i have mixed feelings, i kinda like the idea of unlockables that specifically work on other unlockables, but that feels like you earned something just for the soul purpose of having another thing ruin it. It's like the compression blast for the flamethrower, it's like Valve purposely gave it to us because they couldn't think of anything to take away from it for the Backburner.

I think any weapon (sapper being the one exception) that spefically targets one class is a bad idea automatically.

Alternatively to food poisoning a heavy, you could just backstab him.

Didn't think of that, did you?

Backstabbing him would give you away to Sentrys and the enemy team, secretly inserting a peice of ham into his sandvich will do nothing.

Back