Unlockables, acheivments, ideas thread.

lol i dont know but i think its a good idea, to many times have i shot my flamethrower at someone to make them back up for me to escape, only to find them running AT me, im like wtf who the hell charges a pyro when hes shooting his flamethrower!!! especially when considering it takes a simple press of a button for the pyro to charge forward in to the enemy who is chasing him!

No upgrades, only alternatives.

Spy-
A knife that allows you to stab without un-cloaking, but without OHKO backstabs, and it causes more damage than a regular stab with the butterfly knife (so it would be better for preying on weak retreaters).

Taser gun that disables turrets and stuns people. leaves a fairly visible line fo a while that can give him away. Good for retreat. Doesn't uncover him.

Sapper that almost immediatley destroys buildings, but un-cloaks you.

Sniper-

Sniper gun that fires as fast and powerful as the sub, but more accurate and with headshots.

Boomerang instead of sub that relys on a metal supply.

well considering that the medic has gotten upgrades and no real alternatives, i valve will jest kep comoing out with new weapons :(

The medic weapons are not upgrades, and if you do not realize that I hope I never play in a server with you.

The people that keep suggesting the boomerang weapon obviously have never taken one too the head or anywhere at all, it hurts but thats it,
the only way to kill someone would be getting lucky or running up to them and beating them to death with it

The people that keep suggesting the boomerang weapon obviously have never taken one too the head or anywhere at all, it hurts but thats it,
the only way to kill someone would be getting lucky or running up to them and beating them to death with it
Who cares what's it's like in real life? This is TF2 where you kill people by shooting needles at them and automated sentry guns can easily tell friend from foe. Real life physics do not apply. Anyway, real boomerangs were designed to kill game, if I'm not mistaken.

Real boomerangs are meant to kill things. Also, they do not come back.

Some Pyro acheivments:
Fight Fire with Fire: Kill a enemy Pyro with the flamethrower, who is using the flamethrower on you.
Hot Stuff: Burn XX players (Total).
Guitar Hero: Kill someone with the Fireaxe, then do the taunt over their body.
Fire Safety: Kill a enemy Pyro who is flaming a friendly teammate.
Fry up: Kill an enemy whilst in the air.
Cooking with friends: Kill an enemy with the help of another Pyro.
To many cooks spoil the game: Kill XX Pyros.

The medic weapons are not upgrades, and if you do not realize that I hope I never play in a server with you.

*sigh*, i am fully aware that the medic acheivments are totaly new weapons that you can chose from at the start up menu before you get into battle, but at the same time they are very much upgrades. Does the medic gun still heal people?? yes, does the new needle gun still shot out needles and have the same basic model?? yes do you still stab people with the uber saw?? yes you do, each one is jest givin a different skin an abilities. So they are upgrades and new weapons all at once. An must every person put some kinda "funny" "joke" at the end of their posts when their correcting some? (im not saying yours wasent funny cause i rofled at it)

When he says they aren't upgrades me means that they are not better than the original guns in all situations. You have to make a trade off when you pick one. The new needlegun does less damage due to lack of crits. The new medigun doesn't make the uberee invunerable. The new bonesaw's attack is slower and so does less damage.

I wasn't joking. You were, though, and I'd respect you more if you'd just say what you were trying to say without trying to staying on my good side or something.

The only thing I've really thought of so far would be a long-distance flamethrower for the pyro. Not increasing the range of the weapon, but tossing little balls of fire across the map at some dudes. idkkkkkkkkkkk

Firerocket Launcher from TFC :D

I wasn't joking. You were, though, and I'd respect you more if you'd just say what you were trying to say without trying to staying on my good side or something.

o ok i get you know. I got confussed about your post the first time i read it. But o well cant please everyone i guess

When he says they aren't upgrades me means that they are not better than the original guns in all situations. You have to make a trade off when you pick one. The new needlegun does less damage due to lack of crits. The new medigun doesn't make the uberee invunerable. The new bonesaw's attack is slower and so does less damage.

i thought the needle gun jest healed you, and if it dosent do crits then it should do better normal damage i think.

double posting to address different posts KineticAesthetic, an yes i do know that i can put more than one quote in my posts but i dont realy know how to, so if someone can tell me how, then i could probably stop all this double posting. And no im not going to write for valve lol :p

Maybe the heavy will get a powerful "rail-gun" like weapons that does massive damage, the round has almost no travel time to target, requires to be charged for a short amount of time and maybe it could do some splash damage. draw backs slow rate of fire, need for careful aiming to be effective, and low ammo reserve. it would be good for anti buildings and longer range.

maybe some kinda minigun for the heavy that shoots crits more offten but is less accurate. Will probably not make the heavies not as popular to uber considering that the heavies will be inaccurate, nullifying the uber charge, and they shoots crits more offten so it would be a a waste to give them a blitzercrits (the new medic healing gun powerup). I am sick and tired of medic ignoring me the poor pyro cause the heavy is so much more better at ubering. :x

Scout Weapon Ideas:
Grappling Gun - A gun that shoots a grappling hook to surfaces and enemies, pulling you towards it. The weapon cannot get critical hits and movement is limited while being pulled. Replaces Scattergun.

Nailgun - A nailgun like the from Quake Team Fortress and Team Fortress Classic, but different. Replaces the Pistol. It shoots fast-moving nails that do very little damage.

Sledgehammer - Replaces the aluminum bat. Takes a long time to swing, but has the highest damage of all the melee weapons.

Soldier Weapon Ideas:
Guided Missile Launcher - Rockets can be guided much like the RPG in Half-Life and Half-Life 2. Cannot get criticals and replaces the Rocket Launcher.

Trench Spike - Replaces the shovel. Getting stabbed by the spike knocks players around as if hit with a critical.

Pyro Weapon Ideas:
Incendiary Launcher - A flamethrower that shoots fireballs that explode, setting enemies caught in the blast on fire. Slightly slower than the regular flamethrower, but can hit at a distance

Blazing Shotgun - A shotgun that can set enemies on fire. Has less ammo capacity than the regular shotgun.

Fire Extinguisher - A bulky and heavy fire extinguisher. It's slower than the fire axe, but the secondary fire can put out fires burning your teammates.

Heavy Weapon Ideas:
20mm Cannon - A powerful minigun replacement that replaces a continuous stream of bullets with quick blasts. The Heavy does not slow down while firing, but is instead knocked backwards slightly by the recoil.

Super Shotgun - A shotgun with two barrels instead of one. Twice the damage of the regular shotgun, but it uses twice as much ammo, as well as a slower rate of reload and firing.

Boxing Gloves - A pair of boxing gloves that do less damage than the fists, but disorients enemies that have been struck.

Spy Weapon Ideas:
Phasing Unit - Replaces the Revolver. Allows the user to pass through enemies, but not enemy buildings. It also hides burning should you be set on fire. The effects only work with the weapon out.

Electroshock Sapper - Sapped buildings cause a bit of damage to nearby enemies until the building is destroyed or the sapper is removed. Does slower damage to the building than the normal Sapper.

Energizer Knife - Backstabs refill the Cloak meter, but can only get backstabs from the back.

The irony is almost painful.

I don't know about you, but I'd like backstabs to only happen when they're aiming at my back. Not at my arm, not at my head, NOT while I'm staring them right in the face.

A weapon that allows a spy to walk through enemies unchecked? With no limit? Exceptionally overpowered.

New weapons are supposed to change the way the class is played, not make it better.

My ideas: Pyro: Naplam gun: a machine gun that shoots weak bullets unless the enemy is on fire in which case they do alot more and renew the time the enemy is on fire for a short time

Engi: Flak cannon(replaces shotgun) does tonnes more damage, bullets bounce, but is more innacurate and bullets explode to deal damage at random times, and ammo is 5-10 metal each.

I don't know about you, but I'd like backstabs to only happen when they're aiming at my back. Not at my arm, not at my head, NOT while I'm staring them right in the face.

Exactly, but that's is how the knife should work in the first place. I just find it funny that an unlockable's drawback would be being glitch-free as opposed to it's predecessor. I'm mostly talking about the frontstabs.

Right, I came up with some more.

Heavy

Achievements:

One Man Army: Defeat two Heavies coming for you at the same time.
King Of The Ring: Punch out five enemies in one life.

Weapons:

Vulcan Cannon: Replaces Minigun. Fires a massive blast with infinite range, killing anyone below 200 health. Takes about 1 second for setup, and about 6 seconds for reload.
(Note: I worked with the rule developed with the extra Medic weapons: They all look extremely similar and are held the same way.)

Right, I came up with some more.

Heavy

Achievements:

One Man Army: Defeat two Heavies coming for you at the same time.
King Of The Ring: Punch out five enemies in one life.

Weapons:

Vulcan Cannon: Replaces Minigun. Fires a massive blast with infinite range, killing anyone below 200 health. Takes about 1 second for setup, and about 6 seconds for reload.
(Note: I worked with the rule developed with the extra Medic weapons: They all look extremely similar and are held the same way.)

Does anyone have any ideas that aren't INSTANT FvCKIN KILL?

Well... I figured that with the amount of time it takes to actually use it would be fair. And I meant it only has one ammo per clip. And it has no crits.

Speaking of which;

Pyro

Weapons
Blowtorch: Replaces Axe. Hits people with it and sets them on fire but cannot get crits, has a slower rate, and the fire only lasts about five seconds.

Spy

Grip Pads: Replaces sapper. Spy puts a device on each hand and can scale certain walls. Works while invisible but removes disguise. Yes, he can go on the ceiling.

OR

Hacker: Replaces sapper. Works exactly like a sapper, does not alert the engineer, but can't destroy buildings, it can only deactivate them.

Spy

Grip Pads: Replaces sapper. Spy puts a device on each hand and can scale certain walls. Works while invisible but removes disguise. Yes, he can go on the ceiling.

Oh lol

Pyro

Weapons
Blowtorch: Replaces Axe. Hits people with it and sets them on fire but cannot get crits, has a slower rate, and the fire only lasts about five seconds.

You might as well use the flamethrower in that case.

Some of these I've already posted and one or two are taken from others but don't remember who posted them in the first place and have modified them a little. If I've stolen your idea it means I thought it was a good idea.

Heavy Weapons Guy
  • Natasha. Replaces Sasha. Machinegun that has no warm-up time and can be fired while running at full speed. No reloading required. It does less damage than Sasha.
  • Tanya. Replaces Sasha. Triple-barrelled shotgun. Does huge short range damage but has a fairly large cool-down time between shots. No reloading required.
  • Knuckle dusters. Replace fists (not literally). Allows punches to be charged while holding down the fire button. An uncharged punch (ie, just pressing the fire button and not holding it for any length of time) does less damage than the normal punch but a fully-charged punch will do 300 damage. While the punch is being charged the Heavy runs at the same speed he does while firing Sasha. No crits.

Soldier
  • Frag grenades. Replace rocket launcher. Not a selectable weapon, but an ability. At any time the Soldier can right-click to throw a grenade. The grenades have a 3-second fuse and can be cooked. The soldier only has a very limited number of these [between 6 and 10]. They can be thrown very quickly one after the other. If the grenade is cooked for more than the fuse time the soldier will explode, doing more than the grenade's normal amount of damage. The soldier holds the grenade over his head while he's cooking it so it will be obvious is someone is suiciding.
  • SMG. Replaces shotgun. WWII era sub-machinegun. Better at medium range than the shotgun but worse at close range.
  • Pogo-stick. Weak melee weapon but if it is 'fired' directly at the ground it will launch the Soldier into the air almost as high as a rocket jump. A series of well-timed bounces gets the soldier higher. Pogoing on someone's head does extreme damage.
Note: Some people have suggested WWII era repeating rifles/an assault rifle for the Soldier. I think this is a bad idea as it would make the Soldier rather accurate at long ranges and change the balance of the game.

Demoman
  • Shrapnel-grenade launcher. Replaces grenade launcher. The grenades do less damage but send shrapnel in all directions for a short range, increasing the slash range.
  • Dynamite. Replaces the stick-bomb launcher. As seen in the TF2 trailer. When the initial bunch of dynamite explodes it sends several other sticks flying in all directions, which then themselves explode.
  • Proxy mine launcher. Replaces the sticky-bomb launcher. Proxy mines are less powerful than sticky bombs and only 5 can be deployed at once. Automatically go off when the enemy comes near them. They can detonate each other, ie, if one proxy mine goes off it will set of any mines that are next to it. Friendly fire does not affect them. Enemies cannot destroy them, though they can be dislodged more easily than sticky bombs. The Demoman can only destroy them by pointed at them and right clicking (a special laser that does no damage shoots from the gun causing the Demoman's own mines to shut down (but they do not explode)).
  • Moonshine. Replaces whiskey bottle. Does less damage than the normal whiskey bottle/doesn't have any crits. Causes enemies hit with it to have blurred vision for several seconds.

Pyro
  • Chemical sprayer/Alternate flamethrower. Does more damage than the flamethrower but does not set enemies of fire.
  • Molotov cocktails [stolen and modified idea]. Replace shotgun. Does no damage but sets enemies over a small radius on fire. Can also be shot out of the air by enemies when it is travelling. If an enemy shoots a molotov it explodes prematurely and also causes friendly fire.
  • Fire Extinguisher [stolen and modified idea]. Replaces axe. Somewhat weak melee weapon but when it is equipped the Pyro can right-click to actually use it as a short range CO2 fire extinguisher that will put out teammates that are on fire faster than a medic does and also stop molotovs from exploding.

Scout
  • Tommy gun. Replaces scatter gun. Sub-machine gun with a large spread.
  • Detonation pistol [stolen idea]. Replaces pistol. Pistol with a slow rate of fire. Can be used to destroy an enemy Demoman's sticky bombs and proxy mines.
  • Electrobat. Replaces aluminium bat. When the Scout hits an enemy engineer's building with the electrobat it shuts it down for a few seconds. No crits.
  • Wooden bat. Replaces aluminium bat. If the Scout hits an enemy in the legs with the wooden bat he has a chance of breaking that enemy's leg, halving his movement speed for a while or until a medic heals him. People who have broken legs have an icon on their feet that can be seen by a friendly medic.

Medic
  • Double medigun. Replaces medigun. Can heal two people at once (left and right click) but does not have an uber.
  • Egon gun. Replaces medigun. When the uber is charged it can be used to fire a gigantic laser that does massive damage to everything. The laser cannot be turned off once started and the medic cannot change weapons until it is done. The laser also pushes the medic backwards, slowing his forward movement speed to a crawl. This probably isn't the greatest idea as it causes the medic to play in a very non-medic way. Especially when you can combine it with the ubersaw.
  • Poison syringe gun. Replaces syringe gun. The syringes do no damage, but cause enemies hit with it to be poisoned. When someone who is poisoned calls for a medic the cross over their head appears as green instead of red.
  • Infected syringe. Replaces bone saw. Does only minor damage but infects an enemy player with a virus. Infected players have a skull and crossbones icon above their heads that can be seen by teammates, and which friendly medics can see through walls (like the call-for-medic icon). Infected players take damage over time (but not as much as a poisoned player) until they are healed by a medkit, dispenser, the equipment locker or a medic. Once a player is cured of infection he is immune to getting the virus again until he dies and respawns. Alternatively: The virus may not do any damage but slow the movement speed of infected players.

Spy
  • Water pistol. Replaces revolver. Does no damage. When the Spy is disguised and uses the water pistol is appears to enemies that he is firing the weapon of the class he is disguised as.
  • Booby trap. Replaces sapper. Can only be placed on dispensers and teleporters (entrances and exits). Does no damage and does not alert the Engineer who owns the buildings, but is visible as a yellow tank of gas strapped to the building. When someone attempts to us a building that has been booby-trapped it releases toxic gas into the area. Booby traps can be shot of buildings by the team that owns them as well as removed by an engineer with a wrench.
  • Tracking device. Replaces sapper. Can be planted on any enemy building or player. Causes tagged enemies to be shown as a HUD icon to nearby friendlies, even through walls.
  • Hacker [stolen idea]. Replaces sapper. Shuts down Engineers' buildings without doing any damage and without alerting the Engineer.

Engineer
  • Repair gun. Replaces shotgun. Engineer can use the repair gun to repair buildings from a distance, but this uses more metal. Can also be used as a weapon, but it's not as good as the shotgun. Using it as a weapon also uses metal.
  • Anti-spy gun. Replaces pistol. A pistol with a low rate of fire. Reveals an enemy Spy's disguise when he is shot with it.
  • Level 1.5 sentry. Replaces dispenser/teleporters (not sure which one). Lets the engineer build a sentry with one chain gun. The turret cannot be upgraded.

Sniper
  • Crossbow. Replaces sniper rifle. More powerful than the sniper rifle (still must be charged though). No aiming dot visible to enemies. Can pin enemies to walls. Bolts both take time to travel and dip with gravity as they travel.
  • Rifle. An accurate repeating rifle with a slowish rate of fire (faster than the sniper rifle) and quite accurate. Best for medium range. Small clip capacity.
  • Boomerang. Replaces machete. Can be thrown for large damage. If the Sniper does not retrieve his boomerang then it will disappear after 10 seconds and will be returned to the Sniper automatically.

Knuckle dusters sound good. They should slow the player down somewhat, but not as much as the minigun.

Frag grenades - maybe. They'd take a hell of a lot of balancing.
They can be thrown very quickly one after the other.
No no no no no. Spam.

The Demoman can only destroy them by pointed at them and right clicking (a special laser that does no damage shoots from the gun causing the Demoman's own mines to shut down (but they do not explode)).
I see what you're getting at, but I don't think it's workable - how many times have you had sticky mines get blown off to who-knows-where by explosions and things?

Electrobat/wooden bat are good ideas.

Double medigun might be interesting, but no uber-ability would make it almost completely useless. A good medic keeps switching their beam around a lot anyway.

Egon gun is completely outside the medic's role. Not meant to be a combat class.

Water pistol is a fantastic idea, but it'd kind of break part of the current mechanism of spy-checking. There'd have to be something else to compensate.

Tracking device could be fun. Where's the downside, though?

Anti-spy gun (engi) is terrible.

Boomerang sounds like fun.

Immobilizer, Paralyzer, or Wanker Maker

Replaces sniper rifle. Zooms, but has no charge. When it makes a body shot it does no damage but momentarily freezes them/slows them down significantly allowing the sniper time for a headshot. Headshots have the same power as a fully-charged normal headshot.

If you shoot someone and they shoot back - or appear to shoot back - you're usually going to assume they're not a spy. With the "water pistol", the only way you'd be able to tell is by watching their health indicator or running into them, both of which take significantly more effort than just watching for a returning shot.

If you shoot someone and they shoot back - or appear to shoot back - you're usually going to assume they're not a spy. With the "water pistol", the only way you'd be able to tell is by watching their health indicator or running into them, both of which take significantly more effort than just watching for a returning shot.

True, but remember that the Spy is giving up all long range abilities, seeing as howhe loses his revolver.

Pros: Much more convincing discugiuse, better steath (around players).
Cons:Leaves Spy almost undefended, makes Spy close-range only.

True, but remember that the Spy is giving up all long range abilities, seeing as howhe loses his revolver.

Pros: Much more convincing discugiuse, better steath (around players).
Cons:Leaves Spy almost undefended, makes Spy close-range only.
Oooh. That's a really good point. Then yeah, I love this idea. :)

Knuckle dusters sound good. They should slow the player down somewhat, but not as much as the minigun.
Good point.

Frag grenades - maybe. They'd take a hell of a lot of balancing.

No no no no no. Spam.
That was the point of the limited number but I guess you're right that spam would be a problem anyway.

Egon gun is completely outside the medic's role. Not meant to be a combat class.
I knew it was a bad idea, but I just wanted to post it seeing as I had it.

Tracking device could be fun. Where's the downside, though?
Lack of sapper takes away the Spy's anti-building role and trading it for an intel gathering role.

Back