Unreal Tournament 3 Free Weekend & Jedi Knight Collection on Steam

Hectic Glenn

Site Director
Staff member
Reaction score
Pre-loading has already begun if you wish to be involved in the UT3 Black free weekend. It officially unlocks at Thursday 1:00pm PDT / 8:00pm GMT. Visit the UT3 Steam Store page for the pre-loading link.[br]A couple weeks back LucasArts joined Steam and brought with them a selection of games to kick off their introduction on Steam. The second wave of titles are now available worldwide. Including:
  • Star Wars: Dark Forces
  • Star Wars Jedi Knight: Dark Forces II
  • Star Wars Jedi Knight: Mysteries of the Sith
  • Star Wars Jedi Knight II : Jedi Outcast
  • Star Wars Jedi Knight: Jedi Academy
Or if you are an avid fan you can buy them all as part of the Jedi Knight Collection. Steam news - 1 / 2

Sweet ****, only $12.96 for all four of those?
I'd be all over that if I didn't already own them.

And wow, another free weekend? Epic's really trying to resuscitate the game... they should just give up already.
UT3 was a failure and they can't fix it, only Renegade X could possibly save it.

I hope all these Star Wars games appearing on Steam is a sign that KOTOR2 will be coming soon. That's the main SW game I want right now.

Oh look, you can buy a bunch of shitty Star Wars games now.

Where's my goddamn KOTOR 2.

Jedi Outcast and Jedi Academy are actually pretty good(probably the best lightsaber combat in a SW game), and I've heard good things about the older ones too.

I used to play Jedi Knight 2 tonnes when I was younger, it's a great game. I need to find that custom matrix dojo map though...

Sweet! That's awesome news about the StarWars collection. I'm sure to pick this one up.
Jedi Knight: Dark Forces II is still one of the greatest games ever made.

How's that intense pause and click action going Yorick?

Excuse me for a second, I was admiring the fact that I just threw a sith lord 200 feet into the air (while being electrocuted by my force lightning) into a canyon of lava.

Might get the star wars pack, but not really interested in the UT3 free weekend as it's the 3rd of 4th one they've done and I didn't like it

I constantly see the DF/JK series listed alongside KOTOR and the old flight sims as the best Star Wars games out there. And for good reason.

Oh look, you can buy a bunch of shitty Star Wars games now.

Where's my goddamn KOTOR 2.

Hey. Hey. Hey. **** you.

I have gotten more game hours out of the jedi knight series than perhaps any other. It's KOTOR 2 that's shit. God, it's so boring.

Hey. Hey. Hey. **** you.

I have gotten more game hours out of the jedi knight series than perhaps any other. It's KOTOR 2 that's shit. God, it's so boring.

KotOR2 isn't that bad its just buggy and takes a while to get going. But i've also got more hours out of any jedi knight than KotOR2. The restoration project doesn't look like it'll be released any time soon. The guy is too busy having sex to do any coding

I wish I could do that to you.

If you were playing Jedi Outcast you might have had a chance to do so!

Im definitely buying this when i get home from work. Also... wheres my goddamn KOTOR 1 and 2?

Sweet ****, only $12.96 for all four of those?
I'd be all over that if I didn't already own them.

Its $19.99. You save $12.96

Installing Jedi Knight II right now, so excited. I spent hours and hours playing this game back in the day...it was so much fun. Loved doing huge jumps then using force pull to suck stormtroopers into the sky :D

My favorite stuff to do was to go into big maps and use the console to **** around. Mostly in JKII I would just play the ladder map but in JA I would always go to the sith planet, remove all the NPCs, turn myself into a jawa, then bind a stormtroopoer spawning command to a button then slaughter hundreds of imperials with my dual lightsabers in slow motion. then spawn tons of jedi and sith and watch them duel with a giant mutant rancor wading through and eating them one by one. Such amazing memories...

oh my word memories...Simon. Turning that on meant you could slice off arms and heads!

I wish I could remember all the commands, like you say lefty massive ai fights were so much fun to watch. My 2.0ghz single core P4 used to cry...I hope today's quads will allow for more reborn inforcers.

My favorite stuff to do was to go into big maps and use the console to **** around. Mostly in JKII I would just play the ladder map but in JA I would always go to the sith planet, remove all the NPCs, turn myself into a jawa, then bind a stormtroopoer spawning command to a button then slaughter hundreds of imperials with my dual lightsabers in slow motion. then spawn tons of jedi and sith and watch them duel with a giant mutant rancor wading through and eating them one by one. Such amazing memories...

Exactly this.

Also, it's awesome to spawn Luke and then toss him off a cliff, he has this hilarious pathetic death scream.

Isn't there a mod that reenacts a lot of famous saber fights from the movies?

Edit: Also, there is supposedly a cheat where you can ride a Wampa and a Rancor, hasn't worked :(

I've gotten it to work. You spawn a specific kind of wampa, and you have to jump onto it rather than "use" it I believe.

This. So much this. Except I prefer the Boba Fett model, since his jetpacks work better than force jump.

No Tie Fighter? Needs moar Tie Fighter.

Also, every game that has starred Kyle Katarn has been amazing, in my eyes.

OMG downloading now. Dark Forces II is like my favorite game of all time.

Hey.

I'm right and you're wrong.

All of you.

And there's nothing you can do about it.

Ah Jedi Knight 2. Probably my favourite Star Wars game of all time. Now if only another one would come out...

So, is anyone else shocked that Kyle Katarn does not have his beard in Dark Forces 1? I don't remember it like that.

I was kinda shocked at his whole appearance. I only played the jedi outcast games, and he looks way different.

Back