Valve Have '3 Big Surprises'

With the info that valve has been putting out i am thinking that hl ep 3 will not be announced.Their last surprise was absurd. I understand gabe used to have a hatred for all things playstation, but that wasnt a big suprise that they eventually caved and wanted to sell their game and have a bigger market than just xbox 360 and pc. Anyone should've known that they couldn't hold out forever. With that being said, while i wish it would be ep3 or hl3 announced, i just dont think it will be. I'm guessing that they're announing another title, maybe a source engine 2, and some other surprise like the E3 ps3 nonsurprise.

Perhaps with all these smaller, indie-styled developers we keep seeing them linked to, Valve are branching out into mobile titles or something. Perhaps they'll spin their own franchises off onto those kinds of platforms.

Portal 2 for Wii.

Actually, that doesn't sound horrible gameplay wise...

Through my inside contact at Valve's office, i have acquired the following shocking information!

1. Ricochet 2 (obviously, i mean, who couldn't see this coming?!)
2. Half Life 2: Opposing Force, the return of Adrian Shephard (freaking finally!)
3. Team Hat Fortress (you play as a hat, but you have thousands of useless custom characters to choose from to wear you!)

HELLS YEA

But if the 3 surprises are:
  1. ep3 gameplay video
  2. ep3 release date
  3. ep3 actually released
AND it all happens within the next 12 months, that would be really shocking!

Most indeededly.

Now this would both be a surprise and something that I would welcome with more than open arms...

Ditto.

What I'm hoping for

1. Episode 3
2. HL3
3. Release dates for the two of them

What'll happen

1. Episode 3 Release date
2. DOTA
3. Alien Swarm 2

/me waits for a new entry on the Valve Time article for 'next 12 months'

3 big Surprises? Oh boy, oh boy, oh boy!!!

It's Got to be Left 4 Dear 3, 4 and 5!!!!

Thank you Valve!!!

Half-Life Episode 3-6
Half-Life: Legacy (movie)
DotA: Minecraft Edition

/me waits for a new entry on the Valve Time article for 'next 12 months'

This. Knowing Valve, this promise will be broken and it'll be a full 2 years before these "three surprises" are delivered.

If I were to predict something based on past experience, I'd say at least two of the surprises will involve ports, and at least one of them will involve apple devices. And the last one will involve a title I don't care about.

So a guy I talked to who went to school with another guy who married a guy whose grand mother was Gabe Newell's cook, said following...

#1. No Episode Three
#2. No HL3
#3. Portal 2 comes with the TF2 hat for FREE

It's all in Gabe's message...

I can guarantee you people are going to be surprised at stuff we do. That isn't going to stop any time soon. I'm just laughing because... people will be shocked again.

Shocked again, as in 'No HL3 this time either'...

maybe it's a new console...

wouldn't it be cool if Valve made a whole new console... that would shock many fans... :)
either way i hope for EP3..

or at least a whole new game...

"I can guarantee you people are going to be surprised at stuff we do. That isn't going to stop any time soon. I'm just laughing because... people will be shocked again.
Regarding the laughing: will Gabe be laughing with us, or at us?

This does remind me of Valve's last "surprise" of announcing Portal 2 and Steamworks on the PS3. Let's hope for something a little more awesome!

My dream for one of the surprises:
Gabe announces Steam for Android, where all community features (including chat) are present. Gamers can also queue up and begin downloads on a computer running steam from the phone, provided it is on.
Then they announce their first Android game: Portal - Android Hell Chronicles, which takes place before Portal, as an android going through the Android test chambers.
Portal - AHC will be $5 via the Steam Marketplace.
Codename Gordon will be re-released, and free for Android phones.

Android phones and ipods are just a fad. Hold me to this. If valve starts realesing on them I'm ****ing done with all things technology.

1.) Half Life 3 news. been 7 years in development 2006-2012 just like 7 years for Half life 1- Half LIfe 2.

2.) Counter Strike 2. been rumors going waaaaay back AND its their most popular multiplayer game

3.) Source 2 or something relating to Source improvements.

Wishful thinking aside...Left 4 Dead 3, Defense of the Ancients, and Left 4 Dead series now on playstation.

I hope since rumors have surfaced about DOTA and because its not going to be as big a game, it might not count as 1/3. Might be like Alien Swarm and not get any love. :naughty:

I reckon a steam phone would be great, But Valve have enough distractions at the moment without something entirely new taking up more of their time.

An adventure game, or an RPG, or an RTS, or a totally new blend. They embraced the puzzle-game genre, showing that they can succeed in something different from their usual first person shooters and multiplayer games. Everything is possible.

Android phones and ipods are just a fad. Hold me to this. If valve starts realesing on them I'm ****ing done with all things technology.

That's a silly thing to suggest. Sure, there are fad things about them, but they're part of the next advancement in phone technology.

How will I ever get those cybernetic implants if people keep accusing technology of being 'just a fad'...

An entirely new flagship fps, role playing, survival and explore 'em up franchise please.

Half-Life 3 at E3 '11 me hopes.

I have been permitted to reveal that I am surprise #2. I will be released over Steam.

Back