Valve Have '3 Big Surprises'

1237954143378.jpg

Ah yes, the renowned "yellow penis hat"

Steam for Linux plus updated with a media store. Most games now come with OST as a preorder bonus or in a bundle with it. Media player integrated into the in-game interface you can listen to music while playing without having to run an extra programme in the background.

Doug said a little less than a month ago that they were not working on Linux.

http://www.gamesindustry.biz/articles/2010-08-12-valve-on-steam-part-two-interview

"Q: Final question, and one I'm sure you're not super-keen to answer, but I promised one of our tech guys I'd ask it. What truth is there to rumours that you're also working on a Linux version of Steam?

Doug Lombardi: There's no Linux version that we're working on right now."

1. EP3 will not be coming out & instead Valve will release HL3.
2. The Portal 2 release date .......... has slipped again.
3. Gabe has lost 4 stone on the cabbage diet & is no longer classed as obese.

1. Project Half-life to be buried
2. Portal 2 to be pushed back 4 years.
3. Diabetes finally gets the best of gabe.

It's L43, a notice that Valve have hired more employees and a finally a DLC for TF2 for the Xbox 360 and PS3 counterparts or Portal 2 has been delayed.

I'll believe it when I see it, and its 12 months (this is Valve we are talking about, 12 months is more like 2 or 3 years). We shall see, my friends.

lol.

can someone remind me what 12 monnths is in valve time? I couldn't find it on the valvedevcom.

What is it with people's obsession with 'Half-Life 3' nowadays...?

Wishful thinking, though I'm guessing the first major announcement will be that the Source SDK and Code has had a major overhaul which has taken the best part of three years. The source SDK had branched off in the opposite direction to that used in L4D and Portal 2, though the underlying engine technologies have been exchanged between the two SDK's. The SDK now has a Heightmap Gen for large outdoor areas, a simplified Modelling and Keyframe Tool for making animated props and Valves version of Blastcode, though cutdown and not as powerful.

This would culminate into two other announcements; the first being that the final half-life 2 episode is nearing completion and entering beta. Due to its length, it is a standalone game, and will have a loosely linear level design, though there are several convergence points where all play routes will lead to.

The other announcement is that Prospero has been in the works and we will be getting are first in depth look at the game. If the Game is successful, Valve may go ahead with making the MMO.

Back