Valve Office Tour

Reaction score
Recently I had the opportunity to visit the Valve Software HQ based in Bellevue, WA. I was unable to take any pictures within the office itself, but instead got to take pictures of the main lobby and surrounding areas. Gabe was not around at the time of the tour (n) and there was no mention or signs of HL3 (believe me, I asked).

The office part of Valve was really unique. Every employee (including Gaben) has a desk with wheels on the bottom, so they are allowed to simply roll their desk from meeting to meeting without giving up their beloved work stations. Valve does not have any management or "executives" in the company, so each employee must be extremely self sufficient.

At the end of the tour each person was given some valve swag which consisted of an HL2 sticker, companion cube patch, and a Dota 2 International lanyard. If anyone wishes to tour the email address for the front desk is: [email protected] and the address is: 10900 NE 4th Street, Floor 5, Bellevue, WA 98004.

Cheers!

Attachments

• 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    13.1 KB · Views: 2,733
  • IMG_20130627_152439.jpg
    IMG_20130627_152439.jpg
    37.1 KB · Views: 8,154
  • joel.jpg
    joel.jpg
    24.6 KB · Views: 11,158
  • valve.jpg
    valve.jpg
    37 KB · Views: 10,959
  • rewards.jpg
    rewards.jpg
    35.6 KB · Views: 6,214
  • gaben.jpg
    gaben.jpg
    31.3 KB · Views: 6,201
  • game.jpg
    game.jpg
    26.1 KB · Views: 6,059
  • hl2.jpg
    hl2.jpg
    28.8 KB · Views: 6,065
  • mag.jpg
    mag.jpg
    59.4 KB · Views: 6,036
  • sniper.jpg
    sniper.jpg
    18.7 KB · Views: 5,939
  • blaaa.jpg
    blaaa.jpg
    23.8 KB · Views: 6,018
  • wrack.jpg
    wrack.jpg
    25.7 KB · Views: 6,083
Glad to see you actually managed to visit like you had planned, you lucky dog you.

If I lived closer I'd definitely visit. But seeing as how I'm about 2000 miles away from them that's not going to happen any time soon.

I visited them unannounced in 2009. Really cool staff there, were quick and eager to show off the offices and got to playtest L4D with the dev team which was an awesome experience (although they didn't take my advice for weapons animations). They really do a great job to cater to fans that visit. Glad you got to experience it and it just keeps getting better there. They always add some new swag and toys around and about the offices and levels. I want that barnacle, you should have stole it! ;)

Neat pictures. I remember those PC mags, I think I have like 3 of them lying around somewhere. Probably the last time I actually bought any print mags, just so I could soak in as much HL2 info/screens as possible. Good times.

I visited them unannounced in 2009. Really cool staff there, were quick and eager to show off the offices and got to playtest L4D with the dev team which was an awesome experience (although they didn't take my advice for weapons animations). They really do a great job to cater to fans that visit. Glad you got to experience it and it just keeps getting better there. They always add some new swag and toys around and about the offices and levels. I want that barnacle, you should have stole it! ;)

You got to play LFD with the dev team?!?!?! That's sick man! I though the IT dep was the coolest part of the tour (so many servers :D). The barnacle was awesome but they only had one... you're right, I should have stolen it!

Neat pictures. I remember those PC mags, I think I have like 3 of them lying around somewhere. Probably the last time I actually bought any print mags, just so I could soak in as much HL2 info/screens as possible. Good times.

Dude it was awesome. They had an entire wall filled with magazine covers! You have got to reach out to them it you are ever in the Seattle area.

honestly, i wouldnt want to visit valve unless i was working there or if it was for a job interview. my end goal in life is to work for valve, so its kinda like how hockey players never touch the stanley cup until they actually win it. superstition i guess.

other than that, their lobby looks snazzy. nice pics :D

Just shows what level of awesomeness Valve exists on. Can you imagine what would happen if you turned up at the doors of any other major games developer and asked if you could come in, never mind ask for a tour?! Christ, EA probably have a pit with spikes in it right next to their door for just such an occasion...

Nice pics, dude.

That's really awesome! Was there any other tourists while you were there?

Just shows what level of awesomeness Valve exists on. Can you imagine what would happen if you turned up at the doors of any other major games developer and asked if you could come in, never mind ask for a tour?! Christ, EA probably have a pit with spikes in it right next to their door for just such an occasion...

Nice pics, dude.

True that my friend.

Back