Valve Swipes Bittorrent creator!

Reaction score
Shacknews reports Valve Software has snapped up the author of BitTorrent a few months ago to join their team. This is sure to add fuel to the peer-to-peer rumours circulating about the future of Valve’s content delivery software, Steam.

You can read more of this in the original article at nytimes.

Wow, good news for that BitTorrent guy.
I never used it though, so i wouldn't really know if it's good news for all of us.

Why did Chris_D edited mrBadger's post???

I smell conspiracy.....................

Awww :( no one likes badgys way of writing :(

Of course he is!

/me beings chanting Badger over and over...

This is exactly what's needed, great news!

Now all we need is something for it to distrbute :p

P2P similar to BitTorrent combined with reliable content servers sounds great to me :thumbs:

i would just like to add that ************* hosts illegal games such as stuff with halflife in it name.....using the bittorrent format

i would just like to add that ************* hosts illegal games such as stuff with halflife in it name.....using the bittorrent format

keep your friends close, and your enemies even closer.

foenatic said:

That's like saying they shouldn't use CD's or DVD's because people are able to spread illegal games using those mediums. If you haven't noticed, BitTorrent's popularity is currently rising, and it's being used for hosting popular game demos, linux distros and similar legal downloads

Edit: Okay, I read your post again, and I might have misunderstood what you meant, sorry 'bout that if I did

Back