Valve to Release "Meet the Medic" Soon

DigiQ8

Tank
Reaction score
Political Gamer, a member in the Steam forums has made a post about his recent trip to Valve’ offices in Seattle to interview Robin Walker. He reported that Valve is almost done with Meet the Medic, and it's going to be released “soon”.

I have seen it and its 100% real. It’s about 80-90% done. Its one of the best “Meet the” videos yet” and adds that “it will be released “soon.”

The forum post also suggests Valve could release a Steam video recorder (possibly in the same vein as the recent screenshot-taking feature) soon. He also mentioned that the company is looking into the iOS/Android platform for possible expansions with Steam.

The Steam Video Recorder was inevitable to be honest, I'll enjoy using it.

Meet the Medic, Can't wait

I'm surprised they are taking so long with the Source Film Maker though, possible they'll release alongside with the new improved toolset

The Steam Video Recorder was inevitable to be honest, I'll enjoy using it.

Meet the Medic, Can't wait

I'm surprised they are taking so long with the Source Film Maker though, possible they'll release alongside with the new improved toolset

Sounds more like a general tool for capturing video clips using the Steam overlay, much like the current screenshot tool.

I wonder how it will compare to fraps. Would be really neat if they have push-to-talk mic recording, a feature fraps lacks and really, really needs.

What would be amazing is if it didn't require 90% of your system resources.

I've kind of forgotten about the lack of Meet the Medic... but the Spy video was a disappointment. I really liked the whole "interview" style aspect of it. It gave them even more character. The last time I was thinking about these, I was wondering how they'd pull off Meet the Pyro. I guess that's the mystery...

Meet the Pyro to be last then? Not surprising.

While I do like the monologue style of Meet The Class videos, the Spy one was hilarious in its own right. Medic does seem like a candidate for a monologue though. I guess we'll see "soon" enough!

Sounds more like a general tool for capturing video clips using the Steam overlay, much like the current screenshot tool.
Apologies, I hope I didn't give the impression I was referring both as one-in-the-same. We'll get Steam Video Recorder soon and Source Film Maker later. Both are on my list of things I can't wait to get hold off.

Mysterious-Valve-wall-of-artwork.jpg

http://www.pcgamer.com/2011/03/22/u...sts-brand-new-project-spoilers-gordon-absent/

Some of those concept pictures looks like Combine artwork. *Could be DOTA 2 as well. Though stick leg thing looks like a Stalker.

Its one of the best “Meet the” videos yet” and adds that “it will be released “soon.”

The quote marks in this part just make no sense at all.

Anyway, this is cool, I can't wait!

picture

Some of those concept pictures looks like Combine artwork. *Could be DOTA 2 as well. Though stick leg thing looks like a Stalker.

nothing there looks anything like half-life/combine. if it was, it's a pretty drastic aesthetic overhaul and i don't believe they would do that so far down the line, right in the middle of a story.

I'm hoping that is a new IP, it looks really cool.

Interesting concept art, though I could really see it being part of one or all of the projects we already know about. Couldn't care less about the Medic video, or anything associated with TF2 anymore.

No, it's not Prospero. I know the guy who did the artwork.

Uhm, what?

While I do like the monologue style of Meet The Class videos, the Spy one was hilarious in its own right. Medic does seem like a candidate for a monologue though. I guess we'll see "soon" enough!

I didn't mean that Meet the Spy was bad, I was just disappointed that it wasn't in that interview documentary style that gave the characters some realistic personality. I guess the Soldier one wasn't exactly that, but it was still in the same kind of light... since the Soldier is obviously insane. I guess it made a bit of sense since the Spy isn't anywhere near as boisterous as the other classes... however the quiet Engineer had one of the most unique and most enlightening since you can't get a grasp on what he's like from game stuff.

Either way it will be entertaining though.

Yeah, the best for the last... Meet the Pyro, just before TF3 is released in 2023!

Could someone tell me what IP means? Seems to have a different meaning than what I would usually think....

In this case it means "intellectual property". It just means an idea that someone owns. Valve own the intellectual property for Half-Life, which means no one can make and sell a Half-Life video game, book, film, etc without Valve's permission.

Intellectual property. In gaming the term is usually associated with 'brands'. As in: Modern Warfare is a strong IP for ActiBlizz. Or: Borderlands was a gamble for Gearbox because it wasn't based on existing IP.

bet ya people will complaint and unleash tons of rage at valve when the pyro end up being male

That's a silly argument. Plenty of women don't have breast that would be noticeable under a thick asbestos suit. I'm not arguing that the Pyro is a woman by the way, I don't give two shits what sex he is.

Back