Valve's Chet Faliszek Will Show "Secret Content" at EGX Rezzed

-smash-

Content Director
Reaction score
Update: For more on this story, and to learn exactly what Chet will be talking about EGX Rezzed 2015, please check out this news post: http://www.valvetime.net/threads/valves-gdc-2015-announcement.245755/

In December we learned that Chet Faliszek would be presenting a developer session at EGX Rezzed. We were told that the session was "under wraps" and that we would hear more details about it in January.

We just learned of another page on the EGX website. It says that Chet's developer session will take place March 13 @ 1:00 PM. But what will he present? That's the kicker... We still don't know the details of that tiny bit of information.

This session's content is a closely guarded secret! Look out for more information coming soon.

According to the Valve Time theory: "more details in January" + "more info coming soon" = more info on March 13th. Give or take a few days to adjust for GDC 2015 where we could learn more details about this "secret content" prior to Chet's EGX developer session. Either way...

hanginthere.jpg
Thanks to @SteamEmpire for the tip

Last edited by a moderator:
Depressive reality aside, this is exactly the kind of verbiage that some of us have been waiting for.

Depressive reality front and center, Gordon Freeman is dead.

Since this is Chet and not Mark doing the presenting, it's probably a L4D game. If that.

L4D3 for sure just to troll to lot of us.

I'm not so sure about ruling HL3 out just yet, I've always thought that the wait for Half-Life 3 was to get rid of the hype and expectations, I mean for all I know I could be completely wrong about that, and honestly I probably am, but the hype really has died down, for a lot of fans at least. I mean, shit, it's gotten to the point where the mere idea of Half-Life 3 existing has become a running joke among us. It could happen.

But then again, this is probably just wishful thinking caused by one of my favourite LEGO themes making a return this year, and now I'm getting a little too out of control with wanting things to make a return.

I'm not so sure about ruling HL3 out just yet, I've always thought that the wait for Half-Life 3 was to get rid of the hype and expectations, I mean for all I know I could be completely wrong about that, and honestly I probably am, but the hype really has died down, for a lot of fans at least. I mean, shit, it's gotten to the point where the mere idea of Half-Life 3 existing has become a running joke among us. It could happen.

But then again, this is probably just wishful thinking caused by one of my favourite LEGO themes making a return this year, and now I'm getting a little too out of control with wanting things to make a return.

Which set or theme is that?

Since this is Chet and not Mark doing the presenting, it's probably a L4D game. If that.

It is possible that just L4D will be introduced at Chet's talk, then again they could not talk at all about either game and just show a teaser image of the logo of both games at the end and still generate a massive amount of hype.

It was bionicle. The line was cancelled in 2009-2010 and was revived in january

Holy moly are you for serious? I loved Bionicle as a kid, I can't believe they are bringing them back.

VNN: "The only reason Chet is giving the developer talk is because he's going to be talking about something story-driven, something new..."

Right! That's the ONLY possibility! How logical... That's what sensationalism and zero research looks like.

Nick predicted exactly what Chet is going to be talking about at EGX TWO MONTHS AGO and he didn't need to sensationalize anything. He took an objective approach.

VNN: "Mystery app in Steam GDC package is a game Valve will be showing off at GDC..."

Again, so logical! It couldn't possibly be software. It HAS to be a game. And a game that will be available for sale next week without any PR campaign. It's a miracle!

I think we should bannish links to his videos. They are so misleading it hurts.

Last edited:
I think VNN videos give some nice info and give you some hype, but you shouldn't take them too seriously because you will be dissapointed.

I think VNN videos give some nice info and give you some hype, but you shouldn't take them too seriously because you will be dissapointed.

Definitely true, hopes are soaring through the sky and we have already had a glimpse in other news just now of what's really coming...Steam machines and controller.

Lol whats with the hate against VNN? He makes awesome videos. Sure they might have "hypish" information, but he's a Valve fan and he wants to believe that HL3 will come before he dies, like me!

Anyways, I really don't care about Steam VR and other shit they show in there, hopefully they're going to show a game.

pls
Praise Gaben

Lol whats with the hate against VNN? He makes awesome videos. Sure they might have "hypish" information, but he's a Valve fan and he wants to believe that HL3 will come before he dies, like me!

Anyways, I really don't care about Steam VR and other shit they show in there, hopefully they're going to show a game.

pls
Praise Gaben

No hate here, I love VNN. Just afraid of the already ongoing hype which will end in disapointment.

Or maybe this, if it was me I'd probably do it:

Last edited:
ValveTime and everyone who works for it is fully behind the idea that Half-Life 3 is in development and will come out eventually, when it's ready, because we have evidence to prove it.

As for VNN, it's well established across multiple communities (ValveTime, Reddit, Facepunch, etc) that Tyler deliberately makes up news and builds a fake hype train off random, illogical assumptions to benefit his own desires as a content creator (views and subscribers, not quality or consistency). He's essentially making fun of people who follow his videos by continually tricking them into believing what he says while beating the same drums of "Half-Life 3" and "Source 2", despite actually having little factual evidence or information on either topic. He's telling you what you WANT to hear, not what you need to hear.

The sentence Smash pointed out sums up his entire persona and channel in a single phrase (making shit up) - "Mystery app in Steam GDC package is a game Valve will be showing off at GDC..."

It's possible they could show off a game at GDC, but it's EXTREMELY unlikely it'll be Left 4 Dead 3, Half-Life 3, or whatever. There's absolutely no evidence at all to support the claim that a game will be shown off at GDC or EGX, and I'll honestly be stunned if we hear anything other than SteamOS, Steam Machines, the Steam Controller, SteamVR, and the odd unimportant reference to Source 2. I think we may also see a small technical demonstration of SteamVR, possibly incorporating some interactive elements unique to the headset (such as bio-metric feedback sensors, if they still exist), but we probably won't see anything as big as a full game, or anything anywhere near it.

He's a spammer, a liar, and a content thief happy to blindly ignore proper sourcing and referencing etiquette. Don't put up with it.

Last edited:
Ok scumlords, I'm all in on Stars of Blood.
bloodstar.jpg

*pushes chips to the center of the table*

:3

Last edited:
It was bionicle. The line was cancelled in 2009-2010 and was revived in january

Pffft, kids. Spyrius/Ice Planet/Blacktron/Space Police is where it's at.

Bionicle was fugly.

I would laugh my pants off if they actually release Ricocket 2 and shut us all up because they have been talking about that game :D
In a weird sense of a way,that has logic,since it will be like a demo for source 2(being a simple multiplayer deathmatch kinda game).
If they pull that out,i'm calling gg and buying everysingle thing valve releases (including merch) from now on

It's Ricochet, actually, so..... ;) ;) ;)

Anyway, I'd like to see L4D3. I hope it's L4D3. Pls let it be L4D3. New characters pls. Volvo pls !11!1!

PS : I still have a model of Lewa and and I always shipped Gali with Tahu, ever since I saw the first movie/film. *squee* :D
New Bionicles are more similar to Hero Factory, that replaced them in 2010. I just hope they will continue to have these awesome music videos, anyone remembers "What It Takes To Be a Hero" ? ;D

Last edited:
I would laugh my pants off if they actually release Ricocket 2 and shut us all up because they have been talking about that game :D
In a weird sense of a way,that has logic,since it will be like a demo for source 2(being a simple multiplayer deathmatch kinda game).
If they pull that out,i'm calling gg and buying everysingle thing valve releases (including merch) from now on
In all seriousness, a fast-paced and pretty weird arena shooter like Ricochet 2 could actually work quite well to show off the VR tech. It could easily demonstrate smooth and consistent frame rates, head tracking and aiming, high resolutions required to spot enemies and targets at long distances, and a lot more.

Count me in.

In all seriousness, a fast-paced and pretty weird arena shooter like Ricochet 2 could actually work quite well to show off the VR tech. It could easily demonstrate smooth and consistent frame rates, head tracking and aiming, high resolutions required to spot enemies and targets at long distances, and a lot more.

Count me in.

It would probably be an "easy" game to create anyway so it would make sense. Might as well troll the fans with it, I know I would if I was Gabe.

Hmm, yees.... Why I wouldn't be...

Grinch-smile-o.gif

But seriously now, I think it wouldn't be that bad if Valve were to announce L4D3.

My guess is that it's something Source 2 related for sure, if it's a game ofc, and not a new piece of hardware ( ? ) or VR things. ( Vortex ? ) Also, thanks to a random person in comments under an article about Valve and their "presentations", I found this :

https://steamdb.info/sub/60765/apps/

It's more GDC related but it could be connected to the "Secret Content", don't you think ? To my knowledge SteamDB is usually a good source. :/ Who knows, perhaps it's just a random game like L4D or something, but I want to believe !

Also, sure HL3 would be a huge blast for our constantly decreasing community, but to be honest I'd really prefer to see a new franchise that is using the infamous "F-STOP" thing. ( a poll in The Final Hours of Portal 2 showed me that I am not alone ;w; ). Of course there is a possibility of HL3 or L4D3 actually using it, but still. :/

PS: Now that I think about it, it actually might be something connected to F-STOP, since no one but Valve knows what it is.

... I guess thinking with a growing migraine isn't good.

Last edited:
Also, thanks to a random person in comments under an article about Valve and their "presentations", I found this :

https://steamdb.info/sub/60765/apps/

It's more GDC related but it could be connected to the "Secret Content", don't you think ? To my knowledge SteamDB is usually a good source. :/ Who knows, perhaps it's just a random game like L4D or something, but I want to believe.

SteamDB's content is also taken directly from the Steam servers, meaning this is information is, or was, correct. Good find. For anyone who hasn't worked it out yet: Chet's EGX Rezzed talk will likely talk about SteamVR, he's worked extremely closely with the project for over a year at this point, and he's spoken at EGX in the past, just ask @Hectic Glenn. Put two and two together, and get three...not wait...

The inclusion of older games such as Tomb Raider I is very interesting. Perhaps they're trying to show off how the hardware can adapt to games which lack normal VR support? Or maybe Tomb Raider is more related to the other things Valve will be talking about, such as the Controller or Steam Machines.

Certainly looks like there's a hidden/secret game Tyler can spew for hours about.

If I don't remember wrong we had the jira database leaks with l4d3 in it, and the more convincing evidence in Valve-Pipeline's
"Andrea Wicklund's Lobster Hunter" where we could clearly see concept art and this is already a year before the video was posted
Z9dKpMU.png

(there are a couple of more things like the source 2 demonstration of plantation but i cant be bothered to find it all)
(i also know i shouldn't be taking the jira thing too seriously)

It would definitely not surprise me if left 4 dead 3 were released before any other game.

Last edited:
Well at least it would prove Valve can count to 3 after all.

By the way, when does the next Valvetime news roundup come out?

Last edited:
Lets get real here,
we all know valve have been making games whatever they are, but other than, all we've know is that they are under production
valve also has a history of scrapping games so whenever I find any minimal news, it doesn't really hype me up all that much
cause the project may very well be scrapped before we see any actual game footage

If I don't remember wrong we had the jira database leaks with l4d3 in it, and the more convincing evidence in Valve-Pipeline's
"Andrea Wicklund's Lobster Hunter" where we could clearly see concept art and this is already a year before the video was posted

(there are a couple of more things like the source 2 demonstration of plantation but i cant be bothered to find it all)
(i also know i shouldn't be taking the jira thing too seriously)

It would definitely not surprise me if left 4 dead 3 where released before any other game.
The Andrea Wicklund's Lobster Hunter video doesn't show any concept art, it's purely personal art created for the sake of the video as a means of demonstrating her techniques and ideas. It was likely only created as a commission from the Pipeline guys.

The JIRA database finds are legitimate, but that screenshot of "screenshots" and "concept art" is likely extremely fake.

The inclusion of older games such as Tomb Raider I is very interesting. Perhaps they're trying to show off how the hardware can adapt to games which lack normal VR support? Or maybe Tomb Raider is more related to the other things Valve will be talking about, such as the Controller or Steam Machines.

Actually, the guy who posted that link wrote basically the same thing :D

But I have no idea where he got this info. I haven't really been around that site's forums since its Half Life thread basically died, with my post as its last for a loong time. ( I checked that once in a while ;w; ) I used to get to know such info there, maaaybe I should get in contact with those old folks who had to suffer through my "extreme fangirl" phase when I was younger..

* checks the thread*

oh wait...

They are still dead.

[ insert one of GLaDOS's jokes here ]

ValveTime and everyone who works for it is fully behind the idea that Half-Life 3 is in development and will come out eventually, when it's ready, because we have evidence to prove it.

As for VNN, it's well established across multiple communities (ValveTime, Reddit, Facepunch, etc) that Tyler deliberately makes up news and builds a fake hype train off random, illogical assumptions to benefit his own desires as a content creator (views and subscribers, not quality or consistency). He's essentially making fun of people who follow his videos by continually tricking them into believing what he says while beating the same drums of "Half-Life 3" and "Source 2", despite actually having little factual evidence or information on either topic. He's telling you what you WANT to hear, not what you need to hear.

The sentence Smash pointed out sums up his entire persona and channel in a single phrase (making shit up) - "Mystery app in Steam GDC package is a game Valve will be showing off at GDC..."

It's possible they could show off a game at GDC, but it's EXTREMELY unlikely it'll be Left 4 Dead 3, Half-Life 3, or whatever. There's absolutely no evidence at all to support the claim that a game will be shown off at GDC or EGX, and I'll honestly be stunned if we hear anything other than SteamOS, Steam Machines, the Steam Controller, SteamVR, and the odd unimportant reference to Source 2. I think we may also see a small technical demonstration of SteamVR, possibly incorporating some interactive elements unique to the headset (such as bio-metric feedback sensors, if they still exist), but we probably won't see anything as big as a full game, or anything anywhere near it.

He's a spammer, a liar, and a content thief happy to blindly ignore proper sourcing and referencing etiquette. Don't put up with it.

I occasionally watch VNN, and I know he steals content and such, but this really made me think about it. It's true, he's not saying what we need to hear.

Most likely what this guy in the video below ranted about one year ago will be valid again for at least this next year.

I for one find it hurtful to read something like "Valve's Chet Faliszek Will Show "Secret Content" at EGX Rezzed" and then turns out to be some other game or more in depth data on VR system or more hats or something else other than HL3.

But anyway, there are several other excellent games out there to keep us all busy.

Last edited:
The Andrea Wicklund's Lobster Hunter video doesn't show any concept art, it's purely personal art created for the sake of the video as a means of demonstrating her techniques and ideas. It was likely only created as a commission from the Pipeline guys.

The JIRA database finds are legitimate, but that screenshot of "screenshots" and "concept art" is likely extremely fake.

I got that screenshot from the video but it doesn't show any of the files no

Last edited:
Back