Water Mod Announced

Sliver

Companion Cube
Reaction score
<div >
1fv5ux.png
</div>[br]A collaboration between the superstar mod makers of Research and Development, Flesh and Human Error are bringing a new mod for Half Life 2. Water is a puzzle oriented singleplayer modification in which players take the role of Water, a Mermaid who is investigating a string of mysterious events in a seaside industrial slum. Being a Mermaid, the player is restricted to water travel only, and must recruit NPCs to do the majority of their bidding.[br] Some of the features to be included:
  • Mermaid game movement and animation
  • Player dialogue selection system
  • Dialogue scripts
  • Player NPC interaction that allows player to, for example, ask about particular object or person in the map
  • NPCs able to carry objects when asked to by the player
  • And a lot more that we are not yet ready to reveal!
[br]

newsspacer.gif
newsspacer.gif
[br] Above are some screenshots from the game in early development. You can see the original blog post here to see a full feature list and even more screenshots.

naah

i'm sorry.. looks kind'a crappy.. but hey.. i might be wrong..? xD

It certainly looks odd and I can't make much sense of it yet but I know the people behind those 3 previous mods all did a great job, so I'd imagine we can expect something more impressive than it first looks!

I guess I can understand from the perspective of not knowing those modders this may not have got your interest yet but you should keep an eye out for it as it progress.

"...buy an cold soothing beverage."

what.

Might actually check this out whenever it comes out, if it's as lol-worthy as it looks.

So many years I had to wait for "Mermaid game movement and animation", but finally it's here!

How lol-worthy does it look? I mean, on a scale. 1-27, let's say.

I laughed at something on every screenshot posted, so I'd expect a 20 (possibly higher) where 1=anti-lols and 27=ultimate-lols.

By the way, this is a good thing. I like humor in games, whether intentional or not. This is why I still have a fondness for Day Hard despite the fact that it wasn't necessarily a very good mod.

That.. FONT. Did they hire a two year old?!

Research and Development was a superb mod so I expect this to turn out very well.

That.. FONT. Did they hire a two year old?!

Yes, his name is Tero Knuutinen. We also made him mod leader, lead mapper, lead modeller, lead animator, lead texture artist, and co-writer.

You were saying, Shinobi?

Back