Reaction score
when i play CSS i get fps from 0-25 usually around 10,
i have;
2.5GHz processer
768mb ram ddr 333mhz
256mb nvidia geforce 6200 graphics card
4mb cable broadband

this should easily get alot more than this
ive tried running the game in different graphic options, 0-25 is at the lowest graphics, also this is with no background processors running like AV and FW. sometimes i get fps of around 2-3, whats the problem?

Edit: at one point i was getting 0-1FPS, my recommended settings by CSS is on high, with 4x filter mode, and none on the other 2 settings cant remember what they are called, so all set to low i cant see the problem

What kind of processor is it and how much RAM do you have and do you have DDR2?

are you a idiot? sorry but i dont want any answers from you, i stated 768mb DDR 333mhz ram? maybe you should read before questioning my question, as for processor its celeron, 2.5GHz as i have already stated, and i also said, my hardware its self isnt making my fps so low, i dont think you have much clue to the answer and the kind of idiot to tell me to upgrade my comp when i played this game fine with 64mb graphics card and 256mb ram.

Edit, jus abit off-topic but arent u the person that made a weapons guide that was total bullshit?

are you a idiot? sorry but i dont want any answers from you, i stated 768mb DDR 333mhz ram? maybe you should read before questioning my question, as for processor its celeron, 2.5GHz as i have already stated, and i also said, my hardware its self isnt making my fps so low, i dont think you have much clue to the answer and the kind of idiot to tell me to upgrade my comp when i played this game fine with 64mb graphics card and 256mb ram.

Edit, jus abit off-topic but arent u the person that made a weapons guide that was total bullshit?

Well you sound like a nice guy!:D

Good luck getting any help in the future.:LOL:

Well you sound like a nice guy!:D

Good luck getting any help in the future.:LOL:

i dont want help from complete ****ing newbies, because it isnt help, its bullshit, bullshit doesnt get me anywhere but waste my time, after looking at a few posts and threads from him, it was quite clear he had no idea what he was talking about in any of the threads, which means he just posts for the sake of it, because he likes the number next to his name, one thing worse than people posting stupid questions is people posting stupid answers, i have no patience for retards and people that think they know more than they do, and people who try to act smart around others and pretend they know what they are talking about, when they have no idea. also, hes the type of person to tell me to upgrade my computer, which is a completely useless suggestion just like the rest of his suggestions i have seen, instance ' to fix models delete your css folder' wtf? that isnt best way to fix it, more of a last resort, u see my point, i only want 'help' not stupid suggestions, and i only want help from people who actually know what they are talking about and who can actually help me, clearly you two have no idea

your said processor is a celeron, 2.5GHz. thats the main problem right there.

celeron, and 2.5ghz. most celerons over 2ghz are suck, simply put. the 6200 is slow as well, but i would think under normal circumstances it would do better than 10fps.

the recommended settings are based on your gfx+your processor speed, unfortunately this processor is almost incapable of really being that speed under any real load. sorry.

ok, you obviously know nothing too, read please before answering, i used to play this game with with a geforce 440mx 64mb, and 256mb ram, same computer, so i really do doubt its my hardware, so, sorry, but your wrong, and you havent answered my question what so ever,

dude wtf, we are trying to help you, why are you being a jerk, you never said it was the same computer just that you had 64mb gfx and 256mb ram. you could have just said that in the first place in a nice manner but you cant seem to bring yourself to that so heres my real opinion

this was your question:

whats the problem?

your processor is a pos
your RAM is a slow pos
the 6200 video card is a pos - the 440mx is way better than this

oops too bad its your shitty hardware. now go **** yourself.

your processor is a pos
your RAM is a slow pos
the 6200 video card is a pos - the 440mx is way better than this

oops too bad its your shitty hardware. now go **** yourself.

dude dont be so hard on him,not everyone can afford amazing hardware. also for your comparison that only works with a fx5200 not 6200.

now he is asking why his system is performing lower then it should be.
since you have had no hardware changes then that only leaves a software change.
its possible you have a virus or some spyware present on your pc and it may be slowing it down.
another possibility is for you to install the latest nvidia drivers or you can reinstall your current ones if you like.

no it doesnt, i have both those cards myself and i dont have amazing hardware either, he was a prick, i was a prick. i just told the truth. id ont give a crap if he can ever play again with that attitude.

moonraker, fuk ur self, heres my opinion, ur a retard, you havent answered any questions just like the rest of the idiots, only seen 1 post that is really any helpful which was 'background problems' rest of u gimps on about hardware have got no idea,
you are trying to help me? wasting my time and my life isnt helping me, i might be a prick, but ****ing wake up everyones a prick
also i wanted to know what the problem was and how i can fix it,
the geforce 440mx 64mb card is no where near as good as the 6200, runs at a slower engine and clock speed, aswel as the difference between 256 and 64, the 440mx doesnt even have a pixel shader
so wheres ur logic in the 440 been better than the 6200?
maybe my hardware isnt the best u ****ing retard but its easily enough to run CSS, people who dont know the answer seem to just answer with hardware, stop wasting my time, trying to be helpful is useless unless you are helpful
---
i have also tried with console commands to increase fps such as cl_cmdrate 100, etc
--------------
If you cant help, dont post
--------------

giant, latest drivers installed, i have tried the drivers that game with the Card and the latest drivers from nvidia site, no changes, not too sure about spyware and adware as the thorough scans take a while, but i do run some cleaning problems which do scan for some spyware, i havent got no virus's either, ill run my cleaning problems, defrag etc then post on any effect it is on the game, thanks anyway more helpful than the 'shit hardware' bullshit

I can help you, but I think you're a ****tard, so I won't.

Good luck.

if you're getting that poor performance even with all the settings turned to low it has to be hardware sorry to say. it's possible that reinstalling steam and all your games may fix whatever mysterious problems exists but i wouldn't bet on it. i think it's hardware

dont waste your time reading this:

well i still dont care whether you fix it or not since you were a fag about it, but my logic for the mx440 being better is that i have both cards, if you had read my post youd know that. even with a better cpu and ram the 6200 still did not perform as well under certain similar circumstances. thats just based off of my own experiences with each type of card. i know your hardware isnt the best, thats why i said it. sure its enough to run CSS, but i offered suggestions only to have you act like a jackass, so i really dont care. you didnt give full information so i went with the processor, which i know can have problems with things like this, you didnt say when the problems started occurring, so i assumed placing the 6200 video card had something to do with it. its not exactly a good match to the CPU. of course there are possibilities with background programs and anything from viruses to file fragments but you cant be bothered to give any more feedback than 'youre an idiot'. anyway, i got pissed off because you are an ungrateful asshat barely capable of forming a sentence yet you called others including myself idiots. dont forget YOU are the one that came looking for help.

btw i have a degree in network engineering and computer science, which includes hardware and maintenance. i probably know a lot more than you do about what im saying regarding this type of stuff. you are probably just some kid who has to play CSS and shout at people to feel cool. go look for 'help' elsewhere. good-riddance.

moon, **** off u idiot, askin for help doesnt make me a retard, providing false and useless answers makes you a retard, i do not need to give a full system analysis for a answer, ive defragged both Hard drives and cleaned the system up, no effect on FPS, if it was hardware, wouldnt the fps be at a constantish rate rather than jumping from 3-20ish, i really do doubt that the 440mx is better for running CSS than the 6200, the engine clock for the 440mx is 2500mhz, the 6200, 4500mhz, the speed of the 440mx is 333mhz, 6200 im not too sure about but its more than the 440, i know my processor isnt that good but i can play most games as the processor is the most expensive part of the computer its not really a option to upgrade, i would rather buy a completely new computer, which i havent got money for, next option is unistalling steam+CSS and reinstalling, if that has no effect then i will put the 440mx back in my computer and tell you the fps then, most likely i will prove you wrong moonraker, for the other cock face, why did u even bother posting u moron, posting just to flame me makes you the f?cktard u silly f?cka

Edit: o btw im not some kid that goes around and flames people nor do i need to play CSS, i just want to play it, like everyone else, with a decent fps, your degree doesnt make you better than other people as i am in higher education in ICT atm, the course does involve Hardware and Networking,
im inpatient and dont want to be pissing about followin up stupid answers that are no help to me what so ever, do you honestly think telling me my hardware is shit is helping me? are you a fkin crack head, i asked for help not fking feedback

if you're getting that poor performance even with all the settings turned to low it has to be hardware sorry to say. it's possible that reinstalling steam and all your games may fix whatever mysterious problems exists but i wouldn't bet on it. i think it's hardware
i said the fps is the same with settings set to high, this is my problem with people and why i get so pissed off, people only read half the info and then cry when i get pissed off, with all settings set to high(the recommended settings for my computer) the fps is pretty much the same as everything the lowest, this is why i asked for help

if it was hardware, wouldnt the fps be at a constantish rate rather than jumping from 3-20ish,

no thats exactly why we think its hardware. thats a dead giveaway, it sounds exactly like what ive been saying, the cpu and/or gpu is getting bottlenecked. it might run fine for a second, then drop to unplayable and aggravating as hell.

i really do doubt that the 440mx is better for running CSS than the 6200, the engine clock for the 440mx is 2500mhz, the 6200, 4500mhz, the speed of the 440mx is 333mhz, 6200 im not too sure about but its more than the 440,

yes thats right but you are not understanding what im saying at all. the 6200 is more likely to cause cpu to card backups. the 440 doesnt need much to render fast, even tho it wont look as good. and im not picking on your hardware, at this point im sorry i did and im trying to be patient with you. but the 6200 is slow for a gpu anyways. your 'question' is a hard one, there are no easy answers.

i know my processor isnt that good but i can play most games as the processor is the most expensive part of the computer its not really a option to upgrade, i would rather buy a completely new computer, which i havent got money for, next option is unistalling steam+CSS and reinstalling, if that has no effect then i will put the 440mx back in my computer and tell you the fps then, most likely i will prove you wrong moonraker

if you do then you are at least following steps of help instead of just acting like you are. that would make diagnosing your problem a lot easier if you tried it with another gpu and got different results, if you dont get different results, thats part of diagnosing the problem. im fine with being proven wrong, however calling me a retard for a suggestion of help is a bit silly, if you already know all the answers, why bother posting for help?

your last post keeps saying its same on the recommended settings and at the lowest. that still points to a cpu spike to me. ive had these problems before. as i said before, the recommended settings are based on the apparent speed of your cpu + the gpu you have, if your cpu is not getting optimum use because of some kind of data bottlenecking it cannot possibly work correctly at these or other settings regardless. it could be because of some OS problem too (i once had explorer taking 90% cpu while in source games) hell try re-installing steam or the game even windows, there could be many reasons, MANY we are just trying to point out obvious ones that you dont care to examine. nobody can provide a 'covers-it-all' answer. but if you are not willing to look at it whats the use?

im inpatient...

no shit.

btw i never said asking for help makes you retarded, if that were the case i wouldnt still be here. nor did i say having a degree made me better than anyone, i just said stop calling me an idiot as i DO have some clue as to what im talking about. help is feedback, as i stated earlier, i only told you that stuff because you were not listening anyhow. its easier to tell you its all shit just burn it and throw it out, hoping you will leave. you must want help pretty bad to still be reading this.

i think you should chill out some. maybe step out and get some air, or have a smoke. :hmph:

lindley08 - you sir are a moron. There's no reason to attack people when they're trying to help and I want you off my forums. Consider yourself banned.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back