Well I am faced with quite a decision.

Let's face it, having a circumcision means that there's no drawback.

Baa boom ching!!! ;)

Also TBH I'm really not sure why this debate has raged on. As the only son of a bitch out of everyone here whose gone under the knife and actually knows the before and after effects, I've already said to Mellish to look into the less intrusive option firstly rather than full circumcision. If the option were made available to me at the time I'd of gone for that.

Just flip a coin dude, don't go crying about it on a gaming forum. Jesus. Make a decision

Jesus says: Keep your foreskin.

probably because he missed it as he was jewish which meant snip snip for the looooord! I wonder if it's a sin if he takes the lord's name in vain?

"jesus ****ING christ that stings ..oh wait, that's me, I'm jesus H Christ on a pogostick"

probably because he missed it as he was jewish which meant snip snip for the looooord!

But, that's... UNNATURAL!!11
Love how the "unnaturalTM" argument applies only where they want it to.

probably because he missed it as he was jewish which meant snip snip for the looooord! I wonder if it's a sin if he takes the lord's name in vain?

"jesus ****ING christ that stings ..oh wait, that's me, I'm jesus H Christ on a pogostick"

I knew someone would make a "Jesus was a Jew" comment. Jesus was one of the original Jews. Most of the original Jews didn't have the same practices as most modern Jews. Including circumcising one's willy. Boom. Knowledge train.

also got phimosis, found out a few months ago... still haven't decided what to do with it. D:

Ordinarily that would be an infraction but I agree with Mellish. He was asking for advice not crying...go throw your weight around somewhere else.

After 7 pages of discussion, what are you thinking about now Mellish?

I guess the most sensible thing would be to get a prepuciolplasty and if that doesnt work out move on to a circumcision. I don't like the idea of my penis getting sliced up the whole time but hopefully if the former surgery goes alright then I won't need to. I'd also like to thank for all the insight and advice you have all given, you've made me feel a whole lot better about this!

I knew someone would make a "Jesus was a Jew" comment. Jesus was one of the original Jews. Most of the original Jews didn't have the same practices as most modern Jews. Including circumcising one's willy. Boom. Knowledge train.

Luke 2:21 On the eighth day, when it was time to circumcise him, he was named Jesus, the name the angel had given him before he had been conceived.

I think you've made the right decision; no need to get it all sliced off and if you decide you've got a problem with it, you can always still get it circumcised, though I don't see why that prepuciolplasty wouldn't work out.

Why'd you wait until your first sexytime to do something about your condition? Make sure it heals fully, before you jump into bed for some more, I imagine that could be painful.

Luke 2:21 On the eighth day, when it was time to circumcise him, he was named Jesus, the name the angel had given him before he had been conceived.

Because the Bible is obviously 100% factually correct, yes.

Uhm ancient jews have kind of been circumcising since like Abraham's day man what are you talking about, I mean there are so many chapters in the bible where they call out the philistines for not circumcising

also some guys killed a whole city of uncircumcised men rather than let them **** their sisters

I will also disagree with this. The original Jews were VERY Jewish. They became Jews when they starting cutting the foreskin, to mark their covenant with God.

Circumcision does not affect a Jew's Jewish status. A Jew by birth is a full Jew, even if not circumcised.

Also, being Jewish isn't defined specifically by following Judaism. Being Jewish is also an ethnicity thing as well as a religious thing.

Therefore, not all Jews are circumcised or have to be circumcised. Shazam.http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Religious_male_circumcision#cite_note-15

Stylo you were wrong. Deal with it instead of trying to pretend you weren't.

Circumcision does not affect a Jew's Jewish status. A Jew by birth is a full Jew, even if not circumcised.

Also, being Jewish isn't defined specifically by following Judaism. Being Jewish is also an ethnicity thing as well as a religious thing.

Therefore, not all Jews are circumcised or have to be circumcised. Shazam.http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Religious_male_circumcision#cite_note-15

We are talking about the religion not the ethnicity, you silly green circle. Jesus was both.

Stylo you were wrong. Deal with it instead of trying to pretend you weren't.

Unlike Christian baptism, circumcision, however important it may be, is not a sacrament which gives the Jew his religious character as a Jew. An uncircumcised Jew is a full Jew by birth (?ul. 4b; 'Ab. Zarah 27a; Shul?an 'Aruk, Yoreh De'ah, 264, 1)
Am I now? Read here.

Thanks.

Applies to both religion and ethnicity.

EDIT: Actually, I don't think you took my original post the right way. I probably could have worded it better. I didn't make the statement that Jesus definitely had no willy skin, guys. I just presented a case to suggest that you don't know he did have an exposed helmet. All this because of a Jesus joke, my God!

Religion is a bad topic here. You'd do best to avoid it.

Maybe you should stop debating about religion before you get the thread locked.

I hope you get the results you are after Mellish, I hope you don't need to resort to circumcision, but if you do, hey, it's not the end of the world.

SO HEY BACK TO THAT THING THIS THREAD IS ABOUT.

And the second thing, is that he's going to be growing up in america, where having a circumcised dick is considered normal. I don't want him to be/feel ostracized or have girls run away scared because of his 'abnormal' penis.

I mean gosh there is just so much wrong with this.

Is it really the norm, though? I had no idea.

Seeing as I do not know if anyone I know is circumcised and it's considerd really weird here I freely say that I find the notion of cutting off any part of my body that will not grow back really ****ing freaky. A piece of your flesh is gone forever. Just, ew. The location doesn't help.

I mean gosh there is just so much wrong with this.
Do tell? I realize it's a vicious cycle, and that the 'right thing to do' would be to do the difficult thing by not giving in to social pressure, but hey.

Right but I mean, would he seriously be at risk of being ostracised for having a ****ing foreskin? Does that happen? That just blows my mind.

Well okay, maybe that's not very likely unless somehow everyone finds out about it in school, but still I know that american girls expect a circumcised penis and it's not unusual for them to be weirded out by an uncut one.

american girls expect a circumcised penis and it's not unusual for them to be weirded out by an uncut one.

Really? Shit, I must be really down on American culture. I'm pretty sure it's more common over here (UK) to still have your foreskin. I don't think either way most girls here would be weirded out by either, though. Never heard a complaint about hooded or bald, personally.

I guess the most sensible thing would be to get a prepuciolplasty and if that doesnt work out move on to a circumcision. I don't like the idea of my penis getting sliced up the whole time but hopefully if the former surgery goes alright then I won't need to. I'd also like to thank for all the insight and advice you have all given, you've made me feel a whole lot better about this!

I think that's the best course of action overall. If stretching was on on the agenda the urologist would of suggested it.

I think we should all be foreskins for Halloween this year.

Just had the surgery today. I was meant to be going for a prepuciolplasty but just before the surgery the urology surgeon had a look at the old family jewels and said due to the excess foreskin a prepuciolplasty would in fact make it worse, and if there wasn't so much then it'd probably be a viable option. He assured me the way he would do a circumsision would try and protect as much nerve endings as possible. So I agreed and here I am now sitting with no foreskin, debating whether I made the right choice or this surgeon did it to save money (which I doubt since he was with the NHS). I really hope there isn't too much loss of sensitivity.

So I agreed and here I am now sitting with no foreskin, debating whether I made the right choice or this surgeon did it to save money (which I doubt since he was with the NHS). I really hope there isn't too much loss of sensitivity.

You'll be right, There are plenty of people living without one.

Just had the surgery today. I was meant to be going for a prepuciolplasty but just before the surgery the urology surgeon had a look at the old family jewels and said due to the excess foreskin a prepuciolplasty would in fact make it worse, and if there wasn't so much then it'd probably be a viable option. He assured me the way he would do a circumsision would try and protect as much nerve endings as possible. So I agreed and here I am now sitting with no foreskin, debating whether I made the right choice or this surgeon did it to save money (which I doubt since he was with the NHS). I really hope there isn't too much loss of sensitivity.
Please tell us the difference between what sex is like pre and post once you're up and about.

Back