What can it be?? Place your bets!

Yeah they discovered a star with two planets orbitting it AT THE SAME TIME.

wa wa wwaahhhhhhhhhhhhh biggest let down ever

well to me it seems like NASA and other such organizations have made leaps in the last few years in terms of discovery. until recently planets were not even know of outside of our solar system. add to that the discovery of billions of unknown galaxies and what is believed to be the edge of space, we've come a long way from just observing our local neighbors and Milky Way

I thought space had no edge, we're just still expanding into it through kinetic energy or momentum.

Because if it did have an edge, our brains automatically become limited by our own understandings, therefore we believe it MUST be expanding INTO something, as if space were a sphere.

So you're saying we only say Space has no edge to save ourselves from anxious, end-game-esque thoughts?

[Does that whole "IM AN ATHIEST U DUM IF U HAV FAITH" but, like, ya'know. Reversed.]

So you're saying we only say Space has no edge to save ourselves from anxious, end-game-esque thoughts?

[Does that whole "IM AN ATHIEST U DUM IF U HAV FAITH" but, like, ya'know. Reversed.]

Actually I remember seeing a documentary stating that the Universe has no physical edges. The best way to describe it is to think of the Universe as the surface of a sphere. Just like if you would leave your country go around the world and eventually wind up right where you started, this theory states that the same thing would happen in space.

Either way I think most scientists agree that the Universe is finite.

btw idk tbh lol :(

Too busy worrying about what's happening on Earth! D:

Yeah they discovered a star with two planets orbitting it AT THE SAME TIME.

wa wa wwaahhhhhhhhhhhhh biggest let down ever
They discovered two planets that transit their start whose orbits point that there may be a roughly earth-sized planet also orbiting it. Learn to astro.

ohsnapt.jpg

Back