What did you get for Christmas?

1226.jpg

1204.jpg

Got this, except in gray
http://www1.macys.com/shop/product/...p?ID=604470&PseudoCat=se-xx-xx-xx.esn_results
This watch as well, I like the look but it is very, VERY big and I think I might exchange it for something else
P13734659.jpg

As well as 3 pairs of pants + a camera tripod + two other sweaters

New leather messenger bag
Jar of Marmite Extra Strong
Bottle of Antaeus
Socks
cash monies

A kindle e-reader

A knife sharpening kit (I can now shave the hair off my arm with my knife collection)

itunes gift card $15

$220

A book of "party drinks" and a cocktail shaker (from my brother)

A moleskin notebook (from my sister)

got a new harmonica.
new guitar cable,
an i-Home,
some cash,
socks,
pair of glow-in-the-dark boxers,
box of truffles,
t-shirt from the Victory brewery,
gift card to my favorite bar:cheese:

Heh, obviously more clarification is required: we, as a household, decided not to buy gifts for one another. Dad doesn't live here any more and therefore didn't know. We're gonna pool some cash together and get him something to reciprocate, just couldn't manage it by xmas day.

Oh, that was nice of him.

As for friends, we're all cheapskates and rarely buy eachother gifts, and that's just the way I like it. :v

Yeah, same here.

Speaking of nice people, Unozero is sending me a graphics card since my old one busted up. Now he's saying he's sending a new processor too the sonuvabitch.

got giftcards, cash, clothes, A Kurig coffee maker, PS3 7.1 wireless headphones, Uncharted 3, and The PS Move Little Big Planet 2 bundle. there were smaller gifts too and also a trip to Key West. This year was really fun too

wtf you people get so many stuff at christmas eve?

when I used to get gift it was mostly one toy,stoped getting stuff around 14,and now what I get is mostly some money or I just buy my gifts myself,if I buy games at the steam holyday slaes wont spend more than 60€

so :L to all

I got a decent pair of jeans, and a hoodie. My family has been pretty much broke this year.

wtf you people get so many stuff at christmas eve?

when I used to get gift it was mostly one toy,stoped getting stuff around 14,and now what I get is mostly some money or I just buy my gifts myself,if I buy games at the steam holyday slaes wont spend more than 60€

so :L to all
White people are rich as shit, man.

Let's see..

- $250 (from my 100$ from my pops, 100$ from my mums, 50$ from me bro/sis)
- 2 button-up shirts
- 1 sweater
- 1 hoodie
- 1 electric razor
- Galaxy Nexus LTE for VZW
- Learn how to play guitar book/DVD set

That's all and I'm glad. Overall, I'm happy I received anything. I told everyone I didn't want anything at all. I expected the phone because I told my sister I was going to buy it for myself when it released, but she said, "wait, don't get it yet."

It's funny because when I was opening up any of my gifts. I was happy to receive a shirt or a razor. Back in the day, I'd be a little upset... uninterested (is a better word) if I received this stuff, but now, I'm stoked. Heh. I hate growing up.

I got around $100.
2 games on Steam (that I haven't picked yet.)
A new CPU, heatsink, and motherboard.
A Wacom Connect drawing tablet.
Cologne.
And pajama pants.

That's all and I'm glad. Overall, I'm happy I received anything. I told everyone I didn't want anything at all. I expected the phone because I told my sister I was going to buy it for myself when it released, but she said, "wait, don't get it yet."

It's funny because when I was opening up any of my gifts. I was happy to receive a shirt or a razor. Back in the day, I'd be a little upset... uninterested (is a better word) if I received this stuff, but now, I'm stoked. Heh. I hate growing up.
I was thinking about this while opening my gifts, I used to be stoked on toys and stuff (still am), and didn't want anything else. This year I got a gift set thing of body wash/shampoo/deodorant and I was stoked to get it, was genuinely happy to get it.

Some jumpers, underwear and thermal socks
Stephen Merchant stand-up DVD
Pyjamas
Timberland boots woop!
Aftershave, deodorant and bodywash stuff
Gloves which work with touchscreen phones (no idea how)
Ski glasses
Black sugar
3 small posters
My watch (returned to me with a working battery!)
Some canadian dollars for my imminent holiday to Montreal
- Galaxy Nexus LTE for VZW

Hisssssss, the one piece of technology I crave which I can't afford!

Hisssssss, the one piece of technology I crave which I can't afford!
Baww.. Glenny, I'm sowwie. :( I can't afford one either which is why it was a gift. :(

Also, what gloves are those that were purchased for you? They have a certain filament in the fingertips that heat is transferred through. I need some gloves for winter when it comes to using my touchscreen device.

They just look like cotton gloves, the label says they are called 'touchies' (lol). 'Interwoven with conductive fibres' they say and I've tried them out, works perfectly.

They just look like cotton gloves, the label says they are called 'touchies' (lol). 'Interwoven with conductive fibres' they say and I've tried them out, works perfectly.

Ah.. So they're just some sort of generic pair is what I've seen. That's good. I wonder what I can find here in EMARIKA TO USE.

What's with the sudden popularity of Alice in Wonderland lately? And why is it all horror re-imaginings now?

To be fair American McGee's Alice came 10 years before all of these re-imaginings. This is just an art book for the sequel that cam out in June. Wasn't near as creepy as the 1st was though. I'm not sure what you mean by "all these re-imaginings" though. There's the terrible Johnny Depp one which was Tim Burton's usual LOL SO QUIRKY AND WEIRD, some series that came on Syfy that was grounded more in a sort of science fiction setting and there's the sequel to the first game which is the only real horror based version of Alice In Wonderland. I say again though, the first was creepier.

No I hated the Tim Burton one too (and I hate Tim Burton), I'm talking about the original book. It wasn't a horror novel, at least not to me. I guess people interpret things in pretty weird ways. Look at all these games and shit coming out now, like why's she holding a bloody knife in that picture? She's an unassuming girl who got lost in this strange world, not a serial killer. I keep seeing all this artwork and stuff all over the place. What's the deal.

Well duh it wasn't a horror story. American McGee's Alice was about her family dying in a housefire and, due to the trauma it inflicted on her psyche, warped Wonderland and the inhabitants turning most of them ravenous or nutty. She was locked in an asylum due to being unable to function outside of her Wonderland and basically has to deal with the trauma and kill the Red Queen in her mind. She gets out. Madness returns picks up years later with her dealing with survivor's guilt through her psychiatrist and Wonderland being warped again through her
psychiatrist, who burned her home down and is attempting to wipe Alice's mind of the events.

Or something like that. Just play the first damn game. I'd rather not turn this thread into a discussion about my wiener.

I received a number of presents, one of which was a Steam gift of Borderlands. The game crashes to desktop with no error message, and the Internet is full of reports of this and that sort of error with this game (and the usual "fixes"... 'upgrade your drivers', 'run MEMTEST', 'reinstall Windows, Steam, and Borderlands', although when you're dealing with the public at large, those are probably legit answers). I'll take a stab at making it work if any of you hl2netters have a suggestion, but my interest in this game is only worth about ten minutes' worth of troubleshooting.

31FHwrjOCrL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

uncropped amazon hotlink ftw
I have that same pair - the camera wasn't as bad as I thought it'd be for something like that. I haven't taken them more than 20' deep though.

I received a number of presents, one of which was a Steam gift of Borderlands. The game crashes to desktop with no error message, and the Internet is full of reports of this and that sort of error with this game (and the usual "fixes"... 'upgrade your drivers', 'run MEMTEST', 'reinstall Windows, Steam, and Borderlands', although when you're dealing with the public at large, those are probably legit answers). I'll take a stab at making it work if any of you hl2netters have a suggestion, but my interest in this game is only worth about ten minutes' worth of troubleshooting.

I have that same pair - the camera wasn't as bad as I thought it'd be for something like that. I haven't taken them more than 20' deep though.
Cool. Says on the box that it's only intended for 15', though, which is kindof a bummer considering I'm a certified diver.

New birthday present: My brother gave me a jacket from a pub's lost and found because he said he was sick of looking at my ugly coat.

Believe it or not, Duke Nukem Forever:E

Its much more fun than Call of Duty and obviously parody, mofos needs to chill

Also Dementium 2 (good)

Arkham City etc

Ouch, I'd rather get a bag of coal than DNF for Christmas.

If I'm ever gifted DNF, I'll probably just delete my Steam account.

Back