What do your dads look like?

BabyHeadCrab

The Freeman
Reaction score
Just out curiosity, what do your dads look like? My dad has a beard, a cane and is a nerdy psychiatrist. He is 63 but looks 53. His hair is greying more every day but people tend to find him pretty attractive. My girlfriend's dad is gorgeous, I'd wreck that shit like Hiroshima.

What do your dads look like?

That's the 8th time you've quoted that on these forums. Yeah I did a search and counted the results, wanna fight about it?

It's like we're in an alternate dimension where you can issue a challenge and then a fight club style throwdown commences.

My dad looks a bit like this picture of Hunter S. Thompson; he seems austere and upright but has a strong shouty temper and a very active sense of humour. He is extremely opinionated and keeps a noticeboard full of photographs of attractive bald men, apparently to remind himself that such things are possible.

My dad is kind of funny looking. His wardrobe is made up of a combination of my grandfather's cast offs and things he bought from the hemp shop.

Mine looks like a box of ashes.

He used to look like a brick shithouse (six-two and 240lbs, or 190cm and 110kg for you metric types), and had silver-grey hair with old-man permanent tan.

My dad looks like a fat King Leonidas. Thankfully their wardrobe isn't the same.

My dad looks like Paul Sr. from the show West Coast Choppers and Old Snake from MGS 4

My dad gets told he looks alot like Pierce Brosnan.

Not too shabby of a lookalike I guess. Dont know what the ***k happened to me though.

So far hl2.net dads seem pretty awesome, Sulk your dad seems like an eccentric type of guy - what's he do for a living? Maestro, I'm sorry to hear that, sounds like he was an interesting dude. Kipling's, I keep imagining your dad looking like a middle-aged Jerry Garcia or Willie Nelson.

@Dysnasty: your posts make you seem like a sexy beast, which means you are one IRL

I guess I could say that my father was a more serious/businessy Al Bundy.

This thread is

My dad's a bit short and tubby, but not fat. He's got white hair, which is thinning. He's in his 70s and has a bolt keeping one of his ankles together, but he's still pretty active and epic. He looks like he's about 50 too, which is stupidly impressive. Also helps because he's such a womaniser.

He's obviously retired now, but he's gone through loads of jobs, like engineering to running a waterworks, to maintaining a water facility in Egypt, to going to Sarajevo to do free bowen techniques on those injured in all the chaos that goes on over there, to doing long-distance driving as a courier, to being in the airforce (and designing part of the Concorde engine--yes he's that old) to owning a small shop in my hometown dedicated to random Welsh nicknacks, to running for independent election in our area, to co-running a cafe with his wife (my step-mum).

Oh and he's Santa Clause every year for the primary school I went to. He basically looks like a relatively fit Santa. I always knew it was him too.

My dad looks like me, only older and without the beard.
He's actually a superhero. Myself and my brothers came to this conclusion due to the odd stuff that my dad likes to buy. A pogo stick. A unicycle. Night-vision goggles. An ice axe. He's Nocturnal PogoCycle Ice Man, obviously.

my dad's about 8" shorter than I am and built like a gorilla; long arms, wide back, short thick legs. tough as nails even though he's 70+. when I was a kid I was convinced he was invinsible; survived a truck blowing up with hardly a scratch, fell off a 40 foot ladder onto concrete and could still kick our asses for laughing, dislocated his shoulder and set it back in place himself etc

My dad looks like an aging hippie. Long hair. Skinny. Wears whatever he wants.

my dad's about 8" shorter than I am and built like a gorilla; long arms, wide back, short thick legs. tough as nails even though he's 70+. when I was a kid I was convinced he was invinsible; survived a truck blowing up with hardly a scratch, fell off a 40 foot ladder onto concrete and could still kick our asses for laughing, dislocated his shoulder and set it back in place himself etc
Sounds like Bruce Willis in Unbreakable.

A bit less so now that his hair is going white, but my father is almost the spitting image of Dr. Phil.

dr-phil2.jpg

So far hl2.net dads seem pretty awesome, Sulk your dad seems like an eccentric type of guy - what's he do for a living?
He's sort of a stealth eccentric. Sharply dressed, apparently conventional taste, oldish, erudite, distinguished...then he cracks a gutteral laugh or gets really slit-eyed angry about something. He's a landlord, and is attempting to be a writer on the side. He used to work in publishing and then he owned a very tall, narrow bookshop called 'Tall Stories'. I got to run around in it and get lost in it as a kid, grabbing huge books about SCIENCE and AEROPLANES etc. A lot of very valuable documents have been through his hands - first editions of obscure texts, letters written by famous authors, shopping lists of the great poets - but he sold all of them. Fair dos, I guess!

Everybody always tells me that my dad looks exactly like me. When we worked together people actually confused us from time to time. Not sure how I feel about that. He's in his early 40s.

wow dad had you when he was young. shotgun wedding?

Can't rule that out. He was 18 and my mom was 16 when they had me. Got married a couple months before I was born.

holy shit it's tough to raise kids at my age I cant imagine doing it as a teenager

I pretty much look exactly like my dad, except he's bald, so I guess in the future when I start losing my hair I will just have become him.

Everybody always tells me that my dad looks exactly like me. When we worked together people actually confused us from time to time. Not sure how I feel about that. He's in his early 40s.

Everybody says this about everyone else and their dad, but they can never seem to see it in themselves. I can see the resemblance between me and my dad, but I think we look pretty different - really he looks much more like my brother to me. But then I've seen pictures of friend's dads when they were younger and actually mistaken it for pictures of them, and they haven't seen any resemblance at all, so there's some kind of observer bias going on there. :p

(Damnit Adrik stop ruining my finely crafted point.)

holy shit it's tough to raise kids at my age I cant imagine doing it as a teenager
Yeah, no kidding. Especially since they were in Poland where everything was shitty back then.

I'm blessed not to have kids yet, it's great living life without having to give a ****. I got probably a couple more years to enjoy this, better milk it for all it's worth.

My dads look like your dads, brother.

My dad doesn't look very much like me... but I sound exactly like him.

I get told that a lot, too. I sound almost exactly like him, especially because people are terminally incapable of distinguishing deep voices for some reason.

So... theres a chance that when we play ARMAII its actually your dad playing?

My dad looks like the singer of System of a Down with a shorter goatee. He also has a swastika tattoo on his shoulder.

Mine's fairly average looking. Balding, maybe used to be a little overweight but I think he lost some weight lately. Usually wears a t-shirt and khaki pants or shorts. I'm pretty sure he hasn't bought a new pair of pants in the past 10 years or so, due to not liking the 'new' styles. And I just realized, I don't think he owns a single pair of jeans.

Back