What happend to Father Grigori?

722ism

Reaction score
I think he was a great character in which I wanna know more about and I want to know wat happend after Gordon left into the mines...any ideas??
:cheers:

No, if you watch him closely he goes into that big tomb still shooting, you dont physically see him die.

That is just a literary device.

He went into a tomb.

What goes into tombs?

Dead people.

We've debated this quite a bit over the years but I believe the consensus we came to is that he sacrifices himself and dies. Like Ace said...even though he goes into the tomb alive and defending himself quite well, it signifies his death.

Also I can't remember if this is true...but I believe the zombies spawn infinitely and some one stood around (using noclip) for a long time, and they eventually did kill him.

"In Raising the Bar they say his eventual fate was left up to the players to decide and that they did not plan to re-use the character in the series. "-Wikia

That sucks...I really liked Grigory :( It would have been cool if him and Gordon teamed up again.

Also the Citadel's explosion at the end of Episode One surely blew up Ravenholm as well, thus killing him if he were still alive at that point.

EDIT: This is my 300th post :D

Also the Citadel's explosion at the end of Episode One surely blew up Ravenholm as well, thus killing him if he were still alive at that point.

Oh yeah, I didn't think of that. Even if he did survive the onslaught of Headcrab zombies (slim chance for that), he wouldn't have survived the explosion of the citadel. I hate to say it, but he's dead for sure.

But Ravenholm was out on the coast, do you know how far the Coast is from the Citadel?

Well basically the distance traveled in Water Hazard, which, I think, is within the radius of the Citadel explosion.

i don't even think you could see the citadel from the coast.

I would love to see the character again, but I could understand if Valve wants to make the character a one time wonder.

I actually find Grigori to be the second most intriguing character, right behind Alyx. Something about an almost delusional and delirious priest who, during my first run with the game, gave me more chills than complaceny.

I have to admit, during my first run in Half Life 2, I was dying for a companion of any kind in ravenholm. Then Father Grigori stands outside the house, creating an image of some angel. I could never forget that moment, and this picture showed one of my most memorable moment of HL 2.

father.jpg

I love how Valve placed his character in front of lights, making him some angelic character. That being said, once he began reciting from the bible at quiet locations of Ravenholm, he quickly became a character I did not want to meet. Though when I first encountered the fast zombies climbing up the pipe, I couldn't be more glad to have him there. A companion is better than none during that situation.

Religious characters can be good if done right.. Grigori was done right.

Dang really? Fail, guess I should be looking up more often.

Don't quote me on it, i think it may be before you get in the little cart thing on a rope before you descend to the graveyard.

Maybe someone no clipped and took a picture, but i have definitely seen either of;
Ravenholm viewed from citadel
Citadel viewed from ravenholm

Anyways, Grigori got pwned.

He definitely died.

Not that I wanted him to, but the fact that he dies as a result of your (Gordon's) actions is just another subtle push into the moral no-man's-land that Dr. Freeman inhabits (not that he has much choice).

Naturally in games we are conditioned to think that we are the good guy and that everything we does makes things better, but Half Life never actually pats us on the back and tells us we have saved the day. In fact almost everything we have done throughout the series has been a desperate struggle for our own survival, for reasons beyond our control, and complete disregard for the consequences. We aren't helping, we're just trying to stay alive. Ravenholme was no exception.

I actually find Grigori to be the second most intriguing character, right behind Alyx. Something about an almost delusional and delirious priest who, during my first run with the game, gave me more chills than complaceny.

I have to admit, during my first run in Half Life 2, I was dying for a companion of any kind in ravenholm. Then Father Grigori stands outside the house, creating an image of some angel. I could never forget that moment, and this picture showed one of my most memorable moment of HL 2.

father.jpg

I love how Valve placed his character in front of lights, making him some angelic character. That being said, once he began reciting from the bible at quiet locations of Ravenholm, he quickly became a character I did not want to meet. .

I couldn't agree more, that bit was very powerful. I want to think he survived, but you're probably right. At least Cubbage survived.

He did survive, right?

Right?

Doesn't matter if he survived. I believe I read that he wasn't planned to be used after that.

That is if he didn't leave City 17 by then which is a possibility.

Many times I've played, he often walks into the fire that explodes as you leave behind the gate. So I'd guess that he sacrifices himself, and joins his 'congregation'.

His only way of survival is escaping City 17.

Hi guys i'm new to this community and this is my first post,and i hope i'll become a part of this community..Well what can i say i'm a huge half life fan like you guys,and i want to know all that is to know about "the half life franchise"..I've read it somewhere(a few weeks ago) but i can't find it right know my guess is i've read it on wikipedia section trivia that in episode 2 there are some traps resembling the one's in Ravenholm,some burnt zombies etc..implying that there is actually a chance that Father Grigori made it alive and well and actually escaped the Citadel's explosion..well this isn't actually a fact but it is a good theory..and by the way i don't think the travel distance between Ravenholm and White Forest is actually that big..so i think he made,now Valve decides his actual faith..:)

Hi guys i'm new to this community and this is my first post,and i hope i'll become a part of this community..Well what can i say i'm a huge half life fan like you guys,and i want to know all that is to know about "the half life franchise"..I've read it somewhere(a few weeks ago) but i can't find it right know my guess is i've read it on wikipedia section trivia that in episode 2 there are some traps resembling the one's in Ravenholm,some burnt zombies etc..implying that there is actually a chance that Father Grigori made it alive and well and actually escaped the Citadel's explosion..well this isn't actually a fact but it is a good theory..and by the way i don't think the travel distance between Ravenholm and White Forest is actually that big..so i think he made,now Valve decides his actual faith..:)

Welcome!:)

I always figured the zombie traps in White Forest were from rebels who knew Father Grigori. I mean, he once lived in a Resistance occupied town, he's constantly referring to other people ("Although they call me crazy..."), and he lives in between two of their bases. So it's pretty likely that the rebels knew of him and what he did.

I also believe Ravenholm was too far to be destroyed in the blast. The Citadel cannot/can barely be seen from the dam near the village but Gordon and Alyx had a perfect view of the entire city at the beginning of Ep2 and that area wasn't touched by the explosion.

thank you Tony..well i think the rebels had an idea who Father Gregori was they called him crazy because he clearly wouldn't leave the zombie infested town called "Ravenholm" who was once his home and maybe it still is..i don't know if the traps were from the resistance or father gregori maybe he escaped i mean surely he must of known where those tombs have exit to,he wasn't mad or had mental problems if he had he surely would have killed gordon or at least try to prevent him from leaving ravenholm..i hope he did make it through he could be a valuable asset to the resistance and humanity itself..the only problem he had was loneliness maybe he left ravenholm or maybe he still lurks above the roofs waiting for a change that's if ravenholm wasn't destroyed in the citadel explosion like you said.i do hope we see him again he's like a part of the franchise even though we saw him in just one chapter it felt good knowing that you have someone that can help you in that zombie infested place

Father Grigori is one of my favourites, but I just can't imagine him after taking out all the zombies. What is he gonna do afterwards theres no more zombies to kill it just doesn't fit with the character. So I like to think he died.

maybe..but not necessary..i mean zombies are not only in ravenholm you know,they are actually almost everywhere..in the canals,around city17,in city17 after the rebelion so he would fit very well alongside the resistance in my oppinion

You guys are crazy. Grigori is clearly a figment of Gordon's imagination manifested by his exposure to black-headcrab poison.

this sure brings me back to E3 Psyche trailer days... :monkee:

I have no doubts that he is to this day killing every Zombie he finds in his way inside the underground part of the city and the sewers

Oh yeah, I didn't think of that. Even if he did survive the onslaught of Headcrab zombies (slim chance for that), he wouldn't have survived the explosion of the citadel. I hate to say it, but he's dead for sure.

But Ravenholm seemed well detached from the citidal and city 17, did it not? Or am I wrong?

But Ravenholm seemed well detached from the citidal and city 17, did it not? Or am I wrong?

Yea i believe your right Will i don't think Ravenholm has been destroyed in the Citadel explosion and believe me it would take a lot more than some zombies to kill Father Gregori i mean who knows how long he was killing zombies in Ravenholm he had experience with them, he knew about the combine too and believe me he went underground in those catacombs for a reason who knows where they exit too..

in the episodes of half life there is evdence that he might be alive

like in episode 2 (i think it could be episode 1) when you go in the ant lions nest or whatever you want to call it in a room in baby ant lions are nailed to the wall with steaks

Back