What happend to Father Grigori?

like in episode 2 (i think it could be episode 1) when you go in the ant lions nest or whatever you want to call it in a room in baby ant lions are nailed to the wall with steaks

Well Ozzy this could be The Resistance Rebels who learned setting traps and using them from father Gregori but they could be very well from father Gregori too..who knows i just want him back and i think he made it i really think he did i mean you gotta be a real mentally retarded man to let yourself eaten by zombies and do nothing about it,he went through the catacombs and they had to have an exit somewhere..

yeah i bet he is somewhere contuing his work

yeah i bet your right..Here is evidence that he does not like to be alone anymore.."* It seems that Grigori minds being alone because if the player dies he will say "Yet again I am alone" in a saddened tone."which indicates that he finally left Ravenholm when he went through those catacombs

that makes me think when he got of of the catacombs he found some rebels and is teaching them how to make more efficent traps against zombies and combines

that makes me think when he got of of the catacombs he found some rebels and is teaching them how to make more efficent traps against zombies and combines

Maybe..if he's with the resistance now it's a good think knowing that you will meet him again if they decide to bring him back (Valve) that is i mean what can they loose?? He is a part of the story like Odessa Cubbage.

it would be cool if they brought him back(even thou valve said they aren't going to use him again) in episode 3 or at least put some easter eggs in episode 3

He is alive. There are some easter eggs in episodic series!

No, he's quite dead. There's a whole bunch of evidence that solidifies that point.

No he isn't, show me the evidence and proof that he's dead can you do that??

Yes, I can. Perhaps if you had read over this entire thread carefully, you would've noticed a fair amount of people have come to the conclusion that he is dead, but I guess that wouldn't actually be solid evidence. The real evidence is: he walks into a tomb, which could very well have no secret exits or entrances except the one he went through, and a horde of zombies follow swiftly after him. Perhaps he could have survived the onslaught, given his experience, but the subsequent explosion from the Citadel would've surely wiped out all of Ravenholm and any nearby cities in its vicinity. I'm sure in Episode Two you saw City 17 after the explosion. It was all in ruins, everything. Nothing would have been able to survive that blast, which is why Alyx and Gordon were rushing to get out of there as fast as they could. Just because you don't see Grigori die doesn't mean he didn't.

Yes, I can. Perhaps if you had read over this entire thread carefully, you would've noticed a fair amount of people have come to the conclusion that he is dead, but I guess that wouldn't actually be solid evidence. The real evidence is: he walks into a tomb, which could very well have no secret exits or entrances except the one he went through, and a horde of zombies follow swiftly after him. Perhaps he could have survived the onslaught, given his experience, but the subsequent explosion from the Citadel would've surely wiped out all of Ravenholm and any nearby cities in its vicinity. I'm sure in Episode Two you saw City 17 after the explosion. It was all in ruins, everything. Nothing would have been able to survive that blast, which is why Alyx and Gordon were rushing to get out of there as fast as they could. Just because you don't see Grigori die doesn't mean he didn't.

No, the fact that he went through that tomb doesn't mean he was crazy enough to have "blocked himself in there" without knowing that,that tomb has an way out of there,those zombies possibly can't kill father gregori i mean you said it yourself and i said it too his experience was huge when involving Ravenholm and zombies i mean basically the guy lived there "all alone" and he needed someone to talk too,some friends" that's why he left Ravenholm through there..We haven't seen him die in game so we can't say his dead..even though the Citadel explosion occured i think he left Ravenholm just in time and escaped..

No, the fact that he went through that tomb doesn't mean he was crazy enough to have "blocked himself in there" without knowing that,that tomb has an way out of there,those zombies possibly can't kill father gregori i mean you said it yourself and i said it too his experience was huge when involving Ravenholm and zombies i mean basically the guy lived there "all alone" and he needed someone to talk too,some friends" that's why he left Ravenholm through there..We haven't seen him die in game so we can't say his dead..even though the Citadel explosion occured i think he left Ravenholm just in time and escaped..

If we take him being religious very seriously, he could have seen his aiding of Gordon his final purpose on Earth.

That God's purpose for him was to help Freeman get through Ravenholm safely. So, when he accomplished this, he had no more reason to stay in Ravenholm; he could finally be at peace with God, and rest.

So, he lets himself fall in a fitting place.

I would just like to point something out: If Father Grigori dies before he lets you through the gate you get a game over (he has a lot of health and it regenerates, but he can die) but once the gate is closed he can die with no problems at all.

If we take him being religious very seriously, he could have seen his aiding of Gordon his final purpose on Earth.

That God's purpose for him was to help Freeman get through Ravenholm safely. So, when he accomplished this, he had no more reason to stay in Ravenholm; he could finally be at peace with God, and rest.

So, he lets himself fall in a fitting place.

Well yes this is indeed the religious part..but this doesn't show us that he's dead i mean why kill yourself when you know that maybe,i repeat maybe there is a way out..you have to try at least not give yourself up beeing eaten alive by hungry Ravenholm zombies..

I would just like to point something out: If Father Grigori dies before he lets you through the gate you get a game over (he has a lot of health and it regenerates, but he can die) but once the gate is closed he can die with no problems at all.

Yes true but when the gate is closed the game won't let you get in, so by passing the gate you'll have to cheat your way through..so it doesn't count because you cheated the game, you weren't supposed to see what's happened to him..so we can't consider this point of view "a fact"

But you can see through the gate once it shuts. It's entirely possible to see him die through the gate without using any cheats if he gets overwhelmed by zombies.

I don't see why he is so important to keep. He's a flat, one-shot character like Valve has made many of before.

I don't see why he is so important to keep. He's a flat, one-shot character like Valve has made many of before.

Exactly. He was created solely for the purpose of basically being the guide of Ravenholm, helping out in certain situations and keeping the player as safe as possible. I see no reason for him to come back. His place was in Ravenholm, and I'd like to believe that he sacrificed himself in that tomb so the player could advance forward to the next area. Bringing him back would be kind of awkward, and it's already been confirmed he's not returning, so it doesn't really matter.

That's all assumption though.

As far as we know he might have made out of City 17 somehow before the explosion.

He simply went out through the tomb and continued killing every monster in his way
The explosion didn't destroy the whole world, there are plenty of huge places filled with monsters out there, and Father Gregori is out there destroying them all, one by one :smoking:

I'd say it's left to speculate whether he survived his standoff in the tomb or not. If he did survive that, which there's no evidence one way or the other, he's still alive.

Unless Valve screwed something up, Ravenholm is quite a distance away from City 17. Farther away at least than the distance Gordon and Alyx were when the Citadel exploded. So far away that the Citadel cannot be seen from Ravenholm or surrounding area(s) (the dam for example). While Gordon and Alyx still had quite a good view of it and they survived (just barely).

He simply went out through the tomb and continued killing every monster in his way
The explosion didn't destroy the whole world, there are plenty of huge places filled with monsters out there, and Father Gregori is out there destroying them all, one by one :smoking:

I know it didn't destroy the "whole world", but I'm fairly certain Ravenholm was within the radius of the blast from the Citadel. And besides that, I think we can all agree he would've realistically run out of ammo eventually and either have escaped somehow from that tomb or... perished, which some people can't bear the thought of. Of course, I am able come to terms with the fact that none of us know the true fate of Father Grigori, and we can only speculate on the matter, but there just seems to be a lot of evidence, conclusive or not, that's pointing to his death.

If he actually got killed by zombies, im glad that they werent flesh eating zombies...

I know it didn't destroy the "whole world", but I'm fairly certain Ravenholm was within the radius of the blast from the Citadel. And besides that, I think we can all agree he would've realistically run out of ammo eventually and either have escaped somehow from that tomb or... perished, which some people can't bear the thought of. Of course, I am able come to terms with the fact that none of us know the true fate of Father Grigori, and we can only speculate on the matter, but there just seems to be a lot of evidence, conclusive or not, that's pointing to his death.

Since when does Father Gregori need ammo? :smoking:

I miss Father Grigori. He will always be in my prayers.

Maybe he has set up a small church somewhere. Or something.

Well i'm sure he made it..since when do we doubt his survival tactics i mean he was in Ravenholm for quite some time that shows us that he indeed knew Ravenholm like the palm of his hand that's why he went through that catacomb

I miss Father Grigori. He will always be in my prayers.

Maybe he has set up a small church somewhere. Or something.
Well i'm sure he made it..since when do we doubt his survival tactics i mean he was in Ravenholm for quite some time that shows us that he indeed knew Ravenholm like the palm of his hand that's why he went through that catacomb

Reading whole thread ftw. Double posting ftw. Necroing ftw.

i hate father grigori for one. im a christian. and grigori just ran around the damn place shooting. and he was spitting out random bible verses to add an atmosphere. i despise that. Jesus Christ is far more superior. and sadly, it has to be said...ought to be more honered than that. Apart from that, idk anything else about grigori. All i know is someone valve thought they could bring entertainment by contrasting God(which is assimilated with light and purity) with ravenholm.(dark, decreped.) im just upset that God isnt depicted accurately. He runs all things. good and bad. period. Satan is not coeternal with God. therefore there is no.."maybe satan will win" and all this bull. good and evil are not two sides to the same coin. Good governs evil. contains it, restricts it. and uses it for its purposes. evil is a tool. anyway im done here. not trying to start anything. to be honest i just wanna talk about hl2. but that grigori man. is a joke. its cool to be a character. but if you take Gods words and spew them from your mouth. use them contextually, and relevantly. there are too many people who are already confused about stuff. actually thinking like satan and demons are entities who can possess people and all that. thats the lie of the devil man. thats his power. is he makes you think he has power. truth is he is a worm. he is nothing. but anyway. maybe ill talk about this stuff to someone who is interested idk.

Back