What have you unlocked so far? + New weapon impressions

Two sets of KGB, two flareguns, two backburners, two axetinguishers, two sandviches, one cloak and dagger and one ubersaw.

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK the repeat items. Anyone want to trade?

Going on 90+ hours now waiting for a single Huntsman everyone in every server is getting one except me :( I envy you bow shooting snipers

The huntsman seems pretty overpowered. I was killed by two arrows as a heavy. Normally I am not one to say something is overpowered but I see about 90 percent of the players playing with the huntsman.

If 90 percent of the players are using it, that tells me that it is a lot better then the sniper rifle.

Knowing valve they might have done it intentionally to get players off the sniper rifle and into the (semi) front lines.

Ambassador+Cloak and Dagger=Indestructibly Spy.

I sort of prefer the Revolver. When you're trying to haul your ass out of a stick situation the Revolver is far more useful.

It does if you want any kind of decent range.

...And the bow kills you with one shot too, but it doesn't need to charge up.

Account for arc, slower firing speed, requirement for charge-up, near uselessness in close-combat situations... bow am not overpowered. You crazy.

I sort of prefer the Revolver. When you're trying to haul your ass out of a stick situation the Revolver is far more useful.

I cannot relate at all. Revolver was OK for me against scouts, and destroying buildings.

Whenever I am escaping a sticky situation with the Ambassador, all I need is a shot to the head, and then a shot to the chest and they are usually down.

Or, when I uncloak near someone with the razorback, it's always just been a single shot the head and they are done.

I've unlocked oh... everything now, seeing as how valve has decided to bring back the achievement method (but still keep the shit one).

Yeah. I connect to a server, stab one guy in the back, get all 3 milestones and all the weapons in one go. What's worse? I haven't gotten any new achievements in 3 days.

Ambassador is... odd. Haven't gotten the hang of it. C&D needs a buff of some kind. It's utterly useless in arena play.

Not to be a whiny walrus, as much as I like the ambassador, it is very overpowered.

I went into a server and it was just like 3 spies mid-long range doing headshots on everyone, not a single backstab.

The Art of Spying is Dying.

(No pun intended, Dead Ringer)

Ambassador is mostly just to give spies an excuse to prance around with a gun, methinks.

Just got my Huntsman yesterday, absolutely delicious.

The Dead Ringer really is quite useful. I was playing Hoodo y/day and had much success with it.

Players make the mistake of disguising as an enemy
(red spy disguised as any blue class f.e) and trying to move through their lines, but any enemy that see you(particularly on choke point maps) will immediate question why a 'teammate' is going the opposite way.

It's best used by disguising as a friendly medic(if you are a red spy, disguise as a red medic etc) or something as the enemy will 'kill' you and think they've taken out the enemy's medic. Then you can slip through. Generally the enemy won't second guess a medic 'kill' or any other class you have disguised as.

But you still leave a spy bodie... So they won't think they killed a enemy medic.

I have all weapons now,

question:

How to use The Huntsman ? its very hard to get accurate shoot ?

I have all the weapons now, and I have very little problems with any of them.

I have all weapons now,

question:

How to use The Huntsman ? its very hard to get accurate shoot ?

Make sure you hold MOUSE1 for about a second before shooting. Otherwise, it'll just drop straight to the ground. From that, it shoots more or less like the flare gun.

Cloak and Dagger is a really great thing. A lot of better than Dead Ringer.

But you still leave a spy bodie... So they won't think they killed a enemy medic.

Wrong! You leave a friendly whatever-you-disguised-as corpse!

Oh... I did not know that. But you still leave the spy bodie if you get shot when disguised as an enemy?

Also @Gorgon, if you hold down the mouse button or Ctrl or whatever, for too long, Snipers arm begins to shake, and you will miss.

Ok time for my criticism of the new Spy gear now that i've been able to play with it for a good while.

I'll start things off with the Ambassador. Why? Because i'm probably the only Spy in existance that knows that guns are more effective than repeatedly trying to stab an enemy 20 feet away from you. I rarely play Arena, it's probably because i like Spy and the game seems to make them useless, but with the Ambassador that's pretty much changed. Theres nothing more satisfying then finding a high point on the map disguised as an enemy Sniper, and repeatedly picking off all your enemies with headshots. The cooldown inbetween shots will get you killed but after a while you barely even notice it, so the Ambassador gets a reccomendation.

The Dead Ringer is my personal favorite Spy watch, sure you can't normally cloak but that's a good thing since as far as i know EVERY Spy, including myself, is jumpy that the enemy will instantly see through your disguise and blow you away. Forcing you to rely of disguises shows just how useful they can be if you don't act like a full blown idiot. As i stated before, Arena mode isn't one of my favorites, but the Dead Ringer is surprisingly useful, despite the kill counter most enemies are so thick they don't even bother to check it, and even outside of Arena mode you're going to survive more encounters than if you just tried to cloak and run away.

Vice versa from the Dead Ringer, the Cloan 'n' Dagger is my least favorite Spy watch, which is kind of ironic because before the update i had assumed the CnD would be my new favorite and that the Dead Ringer was shit. I'm going to get a bit of nitpicking out of the way first, this isn't really gamebreaking, in fact it's just mind-boggling, but your cloak recharges FASTER when you're already cloaked. I understand it's motion sensitive but standing still when uncloaked is actually slower so i guess the thing has a solar panel that only works when invisible and completely still. Nitpicking aside, i DO in fact have more to complain about. Some might say the Dead Ringer is for the patient Spy, the kind willing to wait in the one dark corner looking his unknowing enemies dead in the eye. Those "some" have apparently never played Spy because there is no one with that kind of patience. You can pretty much crouch into the enemy base but it takes quite a while and you'll most likely be killed before you reach the front door. Finally it's useless for running away, if you happen to get shot, and you WILL get shot, and attempt to flee, you're cloak will run out faster than the scout could run away. It also doesn't help that you have to actually stop moving in order to fully recharge it so if you're stupid enough to try it you can expect your giblets to be painting the walls soon.

I haven't gotten anything yet, still waiting for the random drop now that I don't have to farm anymore (thank god, I wanna play tf2, not wow).

I haven't gotten anything yet, still waiting for the random drop now that I don't have to farm anymore (thank god, I wanna play tf2, not wow).

The farming method was brought back, the waiting system is in but you can also farm.

You don't even need to farm anymore, the achievements have been changed so they're kind of easy to get just by playing TF2

I've also noticed that the new weapons aren't complete replacements, like they once were, (i.e. Blautsauger etc.), but rather the weapons seem to be alternative choices to the classes gameplay. (The Huntsman is a perfect example).

So I'm starting to think that instead of giving a whole new set of weapons that will replace your loadout, you'll just stumble across alternative choices over time.

I think it's a good idea tbh, it means you get a good feel for the original point of a class before moving onto it's other items.

You don't even need to farm anymore, the achievements have been changed so they're kind of easy to get just by playing TF2.

Yeah, I was deleted when they implemented the achievement system again (I wasn't aware until it happened) and I recieved every single Spy unlock at once when before I had none.

I don't have any hats but I have everything else.

Another Flare Gun on the first day of the update and that's it. Doesn't help I haven't played in about a week.

Got my first hat! Demo's Fro.

After deleting some items that I had quadruples of (or more) I now have 2-3 of every unlockable except the Axtinguisher.

I wish I could use my six dead ringers at once. The entire map would be covered in spah bodies.

Back