What other locations would be good for this game?

KennyJC

Reaction score
I'd love a really good mall map done by Valve at some point.

Malls are definitely standard zombie fare for a reason, though I have the impression that L4D campaigns are pretty big, about "chapter" sized, and a mall would only be part of it.

I'd like to see a military compound or a prison of some sort. A campground could be interesting. I'd absolutely love to see the entire path from Shaun's apartment to the Winchester done as an unofficial campaign. Recognizable parts of actual cities would be awesome, especially New York or London. A large hotel/resort could be good. I'd be surprised if there were no graveyards or playgrounds eventually.

Maybe a single forest, that'd be crazy... you and your group just sprinting through a forest trying to make it to a checkpoint(maybe a helicopter that picked up your signal and is trying to evac you?)
Just seeing the undead running after you tree after tree would be an adrenaline rush for me.

Of course there'd be maybe a cave or something here and there.

Maybe a single forest, that'd be crazy... you and your group just sprinting through a forest trying to make it to a checkpoint(maybe a helicopter that picked up your signal and is trying to evac you?)
Just seeing the undead running after you tree after tree would be an adrenaline rush for me.

Of course there'd be maybe a cave or something here and there.

FELL THE ADRENALIN RUSH!!!!!

Err... Sorry... Excuse me... :|

Is there already a trainyard? Or what about a harbor?

Abandoned Military Complex hidden in thick woodland, either that or abandoned warehouse/factory

I would like a Hotel map.

Very much.

LOL you and your team chilling in the hot tub.

Australian outback. That would be ****in intense, you'd have to get help from the local Aboriginies...but they wouldn't be able to help.

Because they would be drunk.

They drink because they're Aboriginies.

Australian outback. That would be ****in intense, you'd have to get help from the local Aboriginies...but they wouldn't be able to help.

Because they would be drunk.

They drink because they're Aboriginies.

Way to bring shame upon a proud people, crushed by the cruel fist of the white man, driven from their homelands and both culturally and physically destroyed.

Way to bring shame upon a proud people, crushed by the cruel fist of the white man, driven from their homelands and both culturally and physically destroyed.

They've already done that themselves. Stfu.

Develop a wider sense of humour sometime.

It's both funny and depressing that you took me seriously...

as part of scenarios:

Theme park

Harbor

Airfield

Military complex

Prison

Mall

school

park

parking house

slaughter house

construction site

night club

vacation resort

how about a cruise ship? a las vegas hotel would be cool too.

a riverfront would be awesomel, with container yards, boats and docks. and the finale would be at a draw bridge that you have to lower manually with a wheel.

hehe i'd jump ship immediately, too much like Ghost Ship for me

how about a cruise ship? a las vegas hotel would be cool too.

a riverfront would be awesomel, with container yards, boats and docks. and the finale would be at a draw bridge that you have to lower manually with a wheel.

I like that idea of the team having to be static whilst they try to do something (ie slowly lowering a draw bridge).

One person would be in the control boothe and the other three would have to stop the hordes of zombies trying to get in.

Overdone as hell, but a mansion, abandoned/broken down or not, would be cool.

Wow, I just had the same thought for a map location. Running through yards, zombies climbing over fences, breaking into houses, etc.

There's only ONE game I can think of that's done this with zombies....

Zombies Ate My Neighbors :D

Such a hard game to beat by yourself.

Abandoned Black Mesa or Aperture labs. Imagine having to fight headcrab zombies AND infected at the same time. In the Aperture labs, at least you might get some extra help from the turrets.

I second the Shaun of the Dead campaign. I don't neccessarily want to play with Shaun of the Dead characters though, I just want an event where we have to kill zombies to "Don't Stop Me Now" and then the pub burns down.

as part of scenarios:

Theme park

Harbor

Airfield

Military complex

Prison

Mall

school

park

parking house

slaughter house

construction site

night club

vacation resort

The airfield, harbor and construction site were already done. They weren't COMPLETELY campaigns but they were all already made as part of the Dead air and Death Toll campaign.

On a different note, a deep mine

I second the Shaun of the Dead campaign. I don't neccessarily want to play with Shaun of the Dead characters though, I just want an event where we have to kill zombies to "Don't Stop Me Now" and then the pub burns down.

Best crescendo ever.

A S.H.I.E.L.D. Helicarrier
Babylon 5
The Bat-Cave
Atlantis

A Prison. A run-down prison - a modern one just wouldn't work out. If they created a brilliant, creepy atmosphere, I reckon it'd work out well. The only problem I reckon would be the "coloured fog" that sort of kills immersion :(

You could have many cliche moments aswell - e.g. the electric chair. Francis could make a funny comment like "Hey old man (Bill), you look tired... why don't you take a seat?" Not in a serious way of course, just a friendly taunt :p And for gameplay purposes, players could be given a break from the claustrophobic indoors and venture outside onto the prison's leisure grounds. Other pieces would come together too. One that particularly comes to mind is the crescendo event for this scenario; an idea of being forced to push a security override button that opens just about every cell in the building, unleashing the horde against you.

Personally, I'd love a Prison in L4D...

A thick woodland in Winter. Give the characters some furry winter clothing and make there be no clear track or path. Make small signs carved into trees and signs point the way.

An arctic compound would be pretty cool....and will help with some interesting chit chats..

Francis: My ass is gonna freeze off!
Francis: I hate snow

Bill: The great Zombie Apocalypse of 58 *or whatever...* ended with winter. THEIR EVOLVING!

etc etc

Mars, Obvi.

But seriously, maybe a huge bunker in the arctic.
Edit: Pitz got it D:

I would like a Hotel map.
The beginning of Dead Air takes place near and inside The Harbor View Hotel.
Suburbia

Definitely under-used in gaming if you ask me.
Parts of Death Toll is suburbia.
Prison would be so awesome.
Oh yes.
The airfield, harbor and construction site were already done. They weren't COMPLETELY campaigns but they were all already made as part of the Dead air and Death Toll campaign.
Harbor was not really done. It was a small boat bridge. The closest to an actual harbor has to be the first map of Dead Air. But that was only near the harbor, not on it. And construction site is already in the game twice, I don't think it's extremely likely it'll get repeated.

As part of campaigns or survival arenas:

Concert area
Catacombs

For a second I thought you said "Ocean View Hotel" and I was all "HOLY SHIT"

On a different note, a deep mine

check the date of a post before answering...those suggestions was before the game was released.

As a Survival level, I want to be held up in the Winchester. Think about it, to start the hordes, somebody has to turn on the lights and sounds to attract the hordes and eventually, the survivors have to enter the basement. It could be epic.

New weapon DLC: Winchester rifle.

Back