What would you rate HL2:Deathmatch?

What rating do you give HL2: Deathmatch

• Total voters

skedar

Reaction score
I think the game is quite poor even though i love HL2 i just wanted the opinion of everyone else. I don't even really know why i don't like it it just doesn't feel right.

There are some really neat grav gun tricks, but the gameplay is too slow and clunky IMO.

I do not like it. I only have it installed because I need it for Garry's Mod.

Gameplay experience - 10/10
Players and community - 8/10
Valve support - 2/10

5/10 - it isn't horrible but it isn't anything special either. The puzzle maps are fun though.

7/10 - It was a blast three years ago, being so fast all compared with CS:S, but I never play it nowadays.

8/10 but only on private servers.

3/10 with the actual pub kids

All of the server-side mods it had were a blast to play.
And some of the maps were quite awe-inspiring.

I'd give it a 6/10... as the vanilla gameplay and maps aren't really that fun.

7/10,

Peas(Good):

-Great maps used in multiplayer(js_puzzle, Etc.etc.)

-Fun gameplay

-Great to cool down.

Carrots(In The Middle):

-In mapping, Both the Half-Life 2 and the Half-Life 2 Deathmatch Systems are almost the same. (Except for spawnpoints)

Corn(ARGH ITS HORRIBLE!):

-The Maps included suck.

-ALOT of spawnkilling happens(Mostly in deathmatch)(In original Maps)

-If you don't have good internet, You LAG. BADLY.(No I don't have bad internets.)

I don't really care for it. 4/10. It's uninspired.

skedar, is your name from Perfect Dark?

HL2DM is the first FPS game I got into. I purchased HL2 back in the day just to play DM with some friends. Sadly, it has not changed much at all in that time.
The physics tricks are cool, but a creative map is hard to find and good honorable players are even harder to find.
There is nothing more boring than joining a server with 10 people on dm_overwatch and immediately getting blasted with a rocket, magnum or radiator to the eye.
There are dozens of bugs that need fixing. The new Source engine from E2 needs to be implemented.
Steam does not work with my D-Link DI-604 Router anymore. I have to plug my PC directly into my modem just to join a server. I do not have a problem with this, but I felt like mentioning it.

6/10

8/10 with the Pro Mod

4/10. It needs more official attention, support, and development, rather than just being put together and then shoved out the door and, for the most part, abandoned.

5/10, the physics are great fun especially when a really big game gets going, with props flying every direction...

Anyway, I feel the game has had very minor work done to it before it was originally shipped, Valve could have atleast made new skins for the arms when holding weapons, and other minor changes would make it better. But I feel that game is largely underated, if people didnt feel so strongly about CSS, DODS or TF2, it would be played alot more than it is now, yes it has a large community but it is simply not large enough, and several hundred servers go to waste.

people who say this game is uninspireing and dul and bla bla . . say this cos they dont knw how 2 play it. its faster than most if u can move well on it and the prediction of shots and timeing is very nice .

7/10
Good fun after playing through hl2 and testing out the guns on other players. Probably would of given it a higher rating if more friends played it. Always a lot more fun when you know who your playing against.

people who say this game is uninspireing and dul and bla bla . . say this cos they dont knw how 2 play it. its faster than most if u can move well on it and the prediction of shots and timeing is very nice .

Ah so they're judging it by joining and server and simply standing there ..

Anyway, I enjoy it now and then, not something I can play all the time though.

Ah so they're judging it by joining and server and simply standing there ..

No, what he means is the game has a great deal of depth and the casual player never really gets to appreciate that by stopping in occasionally and then deciding to go back to cs or whatever they prefer.

7/10. Valve doesn't care for it, and it has bugs, for instance jumping is glitchy to other players.

The maps are decent (Besides Lockdown and Steamlab), but they are BRILLIANT for Gmod ragdoll posing. Underpass, Resistance, and Runoff are great for making scenes.

Back