What's the longest you've gone without sleep?

72-80 hours with drugs, ~50-55 without iirc

Probably not more than 24 hours. Or whatever the average elementary school sleepover with friends and stay up all night time is.

about 50 - 60 hours or so (and yes narcotics were involved). I wouldn't advise it tbh, you get pretty mentally and emotionally stretched after that amount of time (especially if you're keeping the same company). Your mind needs sleep so it can decompress the days events. I think afterwards I slept for something like 14 hours straight, and when I woke up I thought I'd died or some such.

Roughly 3 days for a school project. No drugs, no coffee. It was pretty rough.

I'd say around 40 hours. And that was bordering on the falling-asleep-whilst-walking-along.

If I remember right, it was WoW related during summer holidays in an empty house (rents were out the country). I didnt shower (kinda easy), and dont remember turning off the light when I got into bed. Slept a straight 11 hours.

50 something. I started to crash hard.

**** the Starcraft finals. Can't look away.

Somewhere between 40 and 48 hours, pulling two all nighters in a row with friends. I didn't appreciate those days that much, though.

You people are crazy.
24 hours tops here.

~ 22 hours. I honestly don't understand why anyone would want to stay up past 24 hours. If you have a project for school or something, you probably shouldn't procrastinate and instead, get it done early. For any other reason, such as gaming, that's just unhealthy and retarded.

If you have a project for school or something, you probably shouldn't procrastinate and instead, get it done early.
NOPE

3 month film projects are totally fine if you do them in one go.

Staying up 24 hours is weird...That means you woke up at 9am then went to sleep at 9am, missing the whole day.

I've stayed up 40 hours a few times. Usually when I'm crunching on the truly great video game I'm making. The game to end all games.

Recreational drugs?

Sort of. Adderall back in high school. 60mg of dextroamphetamine... no good. It was an absolutely horrible experience. The first 24 hours were great, but after that I couldn't sleep, could barely eat, and got REALLY psychologically drained.

the 50 or so hours without any chemicals (besides caffeine) wasn't much better. Honestly it's silly to stay up more than 24 hours... at about 30 it starts getting pretty shitty and at 40-50 it's just awful. Past 50 was practically a waking dream state that was creepy, unpleasant and disorienting. I only did this stuff because I was a teenager.

~ 22 hours. I honestly don't understand why anyone would want to stay up past 24 hours.

Money, women and drugs are powerful motivators.

the 50 or so hours without any chemicals (besides caffeine) wasn't much better. Honestly it's silly to stay up more than 24 hours... at about 30 it starts getting pretty shitty and at 40-50 it's just awful. Past 50 was practically a waking dream state that was creepy, unpleasant and disorienting.

Agreed. You start to hallucinate a bit due to your eyes being so tired an everything feels plastic and tacky.

~ 22 hours. I honestly don't understand why anyone would want to stay up past 24 hours. If you have a project for school or something, you probably shouldn't procrastinate and instead, get it done early.

What insight! Get it done early, brilliant!

Never past 24 hours, and even then I've only done that a few times in my life. Never for school though (I would much rather get sleep over cramming too hard).

40 or so hours. The sleep after was soooo good.

Roughly 96 hours, maybe a bit less. Depression/a serious and still ongoing situation with a close friend kept me awake a lot during this past final year of school.

Jesus. Staying up for 3 days was god ****ing awful enough, I can't even imagine how shitty 4 would be.

My longest was around 50 as well. In college I had a tendency to only sleep 6 nights a week (because I worked overnight the 7th), and skipping an extra day of sleep was something that occasionally happened. No drugs or even caffeine involved as I don't indulge in such things.

Probably 60 hours. I did it as an experiment to test my limits. I consumed about 6 5 hour energy shots, 24 red bulls, and two gallons of coffee.

Jesus. Staying up for 3 days was god ****ing awful enough, I can't even imagine how shitty 4 would be.
It's f*cking awful beyond belief. Was already in a pretty shitty state to begin with. I swear I slept at least two days straight waking only a few times to piss or eat after that four day period. Never again, hopefully.

"Hey let's see how long we can stay awake for!" = About 4 days for Stylo.

Alright, 41 hours is enough. Will try to fall alseep, but I don't feel the least bit sleepy.

I've gone about a week on a variety of stimulants, it's ****ing horrible on the tail end. Otherwise like two and a half days without drugs?

The worst thing is finding stuff to do. You don't realise how much you miss whilst asleep until you go a few days without.

The worst thing is finding stuff to do. You don't realise how much you miss whilst asleep until you go a few days without.

This, so much this. I started watching tv shows when I did my stint.

Movies, man. LOOONNNGG movies like all LOTR films. In a row.

Staying up for 24 hours is no trouble at all for me, so much so that I'd rather pull an all nighter than to try to wake up after only a few hours of sleep if I have to get up early. After about 36 hours I hit a wall though and I get... cranky.

I sleep regularly enough that I can manage to remember threads where we already talked about this. I'll just copy/paste my old post in here, since nothing's changed.

I did the 24 hours without sleep thing several times. Its not that bad honestly. I was still able to function perfectly, I was just tired feeling. The reason was because I went to a college that has classes running 24 hours 7 days a week. There would be months where I'd have a class start at like 5pm, and end at 1am the next day, with the next class starting at 9am, and ending at 1 pm, with the first class about to start again in 4 hours at 5pm. I slept as much as I could during the off time, but the reason why I did 24 hour waking periods was because the classes changed every month, and so did our schedules. So at the end of the month, I'd check what time our next class would start, subtract 8 hours for sleeping time, and then stay awake for 24 hours before the time I wanted to sleep. For example, if I had a class starting Monday at 1pm, I would subtract 8 hours to determine when I'd go to sleep to be ready for that class, so that would be 5am. So the Sunday beforehand, I would wake myself up at 5am, and stay awake until ~5am Monday where I'd fall asleep for sure, thus reseting my sleeping schedule to be in-tune with my new classes.

The food thing, I've probably done accidentally as well. I usually don't eat breakfast, and only sometimes eat lunch, so there have been times where I didn't eat either, and for some reason was indisposed during dinner time and so I didn't eat that either. I'd wake up the next morning and feel weak as a mother****er. Your arms feel like they wouldn't be able to like a 20 pound box if your life depended on it.

I've probably gone about 40 hours. It's pretty horrible by that stage though. I feel really nauseated, dizzy, cannot focus on anything, and just really, really crave my bed.

I think it's around 50 something hours. I had to work overtime for some menial paperwork stuff.

Oh and when SCII first came out, but I think it took me around 40 to 50 hours to complete the campaign.

It was interesting though; during SCII I hardly felt a thing, but for work it was horrible.

About 40 hours. Anyone in the military probably has gone much longer. My buddy on his platoon commander course got 10 hours sleep in 7 days.

Back