when should we start worying about islam?

jverne

Reaction score
let's make this clear and simple...i'm not saying islam will overrun Europe or any other western country, because there is no such evidence, yet.

so i'm asking...where is the hypothetical line when we should start worrying?

you can use these two articles for reflection

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/europe/7842344.stm

http://www.independent.co.uk/opinio...spect-these-oppressive-religions-1517789.html

and no...this is not a subliminal attempt at bigotry towards islam. i would make a similar thread if it was for Christianity, Nazism, Pink revolution,... you name it. thing is we have most of these ideologies on a leash, but islam is a new one to us.

what do you think?

for me it would be when a muslim does something "illegal" by our standards but doesn't get prosecuted (when caught).
let's say that some girl gets circumcised, but no legal action is taken.
such a country would be by my standards a "avoid at all costs, nuke if possible" (i'm sarcastic of course)

actually...banning a (although a bit loony) elected official from Britain because his views are not tolerant to muslims (in Britain) is stretching it.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/new...ian-turned-away-from-Britain-at-Heathrow.html

When should we stop caring about what other people believe? I've actually considered officially converting to islam for convenience.

islamic people are pretty violent. i made fun of this muslim kids mom like joking today at work and he flipped out. they don't have a big sense of humor at all.

Yeah, I met an ignorant christian kid once. I guess they're all like that.

islamic people are pretty violent. i made fun of this muslim kids mom like joking today at work and he flipped out. they don't have a big sense of humor at all.

Most people get pissed off if you joke about their mom, not just Muslims. If you said that to me i would have punched you in the face, and i'm not Muslim.

the only problem is the jihadists, not muslims.

And where do these jihadists get these ideas from? Just because the majority of muslims are alittle more liberal about their beliefs, doesn't change the fact that it says explicitly that infidels should be killed in their holy text. Same with christianity. Its not politics, just some people are so hypocritical that they think they can call their holy book the word of god, yet at the same time turn around cherry pick what it is they believe from it.

We don't seem too worried about the christians, do we.

So am I, hell Bush said himself that he was inspired by God to start this whole war we find ourselves in.

Most people get pissed off if you joke about their mom, not just Muslims. If you said that to me i would have punched you in the face, and i'm not Muslim.

your in the UK. in America we opening make fun of people's moms around here. i just find it off that someone would flip out in a foreign land over a mom joke.

lol wait did you actually know this person?IDK what part of the states you're from but here in Texas if you talked about my mom I'd beat your ****in face in, unless we were good friends...

I think we should continuing throwing blanket statements. This will surely solve the issue.

Well then why don't you correct me? Or maybe point to where I made such a blanket statement..assuming you are talking to me to begin with. Both Christianity and Islam state that people who do not believe as they do should be killed, if you don't believe me then read the ****in bible yourself. Sure not every christian goes out and kills people who aren't of their faith, maybe they have a more moderate view of things and just believe in the moral teachings of Christ. Thats fine, there is nothing wrong with taking something from the bible, but don't then tell me its the word of God if you pick and choose what it is you believe. Thats bullshit, it either is the word of god or it isnt.

Religion sucks in general. also i'm somewhat friends with the kid i made fun of. hes been here for a year, and this is the 3rd time someone heard him get mad about making fun of his mom. i just think he never heard anyone do that before

...Okay so what does that have to do with being muslim? Maybe you're just an asshole :D

let's make this clear and simple...i'm not saying islam will overrun Europe or any other western country, because there is no such evidence, yet.

Contradictory statement.

your in the UK. in America we opening make fun of people's moms around here. i just find it off that someone would flip out in a foreign land over a mom joke.

Really? Someone makes fun of my mom, I'll kick their face in. I don't know what America you live in where it is suitable to make fun of someone that carried a person around in them for nine months. You f***ing prick.

mchammer why are you getting so defensive, no one has said anything to you to disagree with you.

Clearly, Emp is talkin to me...if not I don't see who else would be..if he isnt then nvm, sorry. but I don't believe thats the case.

I don't see how or why, you weren't making any blanket statements at least as far as I payed attention.

When someone posts directly below me without quoting anyone else, I just assume they are talking to me. Just like we are doing right now. They may not say my name, but what else would you think? In any case if I'm wrong then forget about it..I apologize, but it doesn't seem that way to me.

You also flip out at being called gay, its really amusing the levels of homophobia over there, some American kid online starts cracking shit, I call him a woofter, say he loves some bum, bam, he's owned and raging, priceless.

We should begin to worry when a spreading religion begins to stamp our the rest of the worlds logic and reasoning replacing it with blind faith through majority ignorance or through political power. Science should never be trampled on, or used to support special interest. Religion is simply too toxic to the human mind. Most people think they are leading normal lives, and I am sure as far as society is concerned they are, but the truth of the reality is that if we lived in a scientific Utopian society we would have an exponentially higher potential quality of life. Nothing else can come close to offering this potential quality of life that science has to offer. Religion simply blinds you to reality leading you to believe you have to endure this life in order to get a better one. We are capable of enjoying life so much more than we are know, but traditional thinking always gets in the way. The world seems void of logic and reason and that is a major problem.

Contradictory statement.

that is all you have to say?

anyway...IMO islam is worse than christianity, because i think it is a political religion. but for arguments sakes it is the same. it's just that in Europe Christianity learned it's place (mostly).

I like how everyone assumes religions are bad, take a good look at Buddhism.

Except that people practice Buddhism about as faitfully as most people practice other religions. :rolleyes:
It's not just religions that are flawed, it's people.

That as well.

I now decree this thread should be called, "When should we start worrying about people?"

You're just stupid if you take some one's reaction to a "your mom" joke as a defining trait for an entire religion.

^ Good work quoting the least funny stand-up routine ever.

But he has puppets so it has to be hilarious.

Wait, what? What stand up routine? I'm just making fun of the blind stereotypes made for muslims by stupid bigots.

Yeah, I know that they're (mostly) not talking about most muslims, just the extremists who pick the most violent verses out of the Qu'ran and roleplay and pillage where ever they please. I am on the bad end of this shit, as Somalia is currently being overrun by these arrogant ****s. Yeah, It's not time for a history lesson.

Wait, what? What stand up routine? I'm just making fun of the blind stereotypes made for muslims by stupid bigots.

Yeah, I know that they're (mostly) not talking about most muslims, just the extremists who pick the most violent verses out of the Qu'ran and roleplay and pillage where ever they please. I am on the bad end of this shit, as Somalia is currently being overrun by these arrogant ****s. Yeah, It's not time for a history lesson.

Jeff Dunham? Achmed the Dead terrorist?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1uwOL4rB-go

Back