Where will you be on February 6th, 2040?

Dandan

Medic
Reaction score
...because I want to be on Mars!

Big Asteroid 2011 AG5 Could Pose Threat to Earth in 2040

Scientists are keeping a close eye on a big asteroid that may pose an impact threat to Earth in a few decades.

The space rock, which is called 2011 AG5, is about 460 feet (140 meters) wide. It may come close enough to Earth in 2040 that some researchers are calling for a discussion about how to deflect it.

Talk about the asteroid was on the agenda during the 49th session of the Scientific and Technical Subcommittee of the United Nations Committee on the Peaceful Uses of Outer Space (COPUOS), held earlier this month in Vienna.

A UN Action Team on near-Earth objects (NEOs) noted the asteroid’s repeat approaches to Earth and the possibility — however remote — that 2011 AG5 might smack into our planet 28 years from now.

The object was discovered in January 2011 by Mount Lemmon Survey observers in Tucson, Ariz. While scientists have a good bead on the space rock's size, its mass and compositional makeup are unknown at present. [The 7 Strangest Asteroids in the Solar System]

More here...

I hope we can figure out if this is going to hit us or not and what to do with it

Thrusters to relocate it into the ****ing sun, obviously.

i'LL BE 12 DAYS SHY OF TURNING 48. eAT MY F*CK ASTEROID.

AHAHAHAHA OH GOD CAPS LOCK KEYS Y UO ALWYAS ON AT TGE WRONG TIJMER HAGHQAGHA

I should be retired at 68. I've been playing Rage and Borderlands... I'm good to go.

I'll be 52. Life's pretty much over anyways.

probably working on a boring ass monday reading about the close asteroid pass on some future news website or whatever the **** we get news on in that time period.

With a personal projector communicator device, bumping this thread on top of my pile of gold before getting on set to shoot the movie which I play the protagonist in. For that reason, I now have the URL and exact words of the thread thus far tattooed onto my back.

I will be Bruce ****ing WIillis, saving all your useless asses.

Your GIF avatar is proving difficult but I'm okay with some more intense body mutilation, almost have a hole big enough for this watch LCD.

Oddly, the twice convicted child-molester bit was already etched, call it a hunch while I was hunched.

I'll be 67 years old and probably hooked up to respirators and getting sponge baths from robots that know more about the universe than everyone in the Hospital. Also my children will be part cyborg and won't even know I exist anymore

This is all assuming the world won't end in 2012.

I'll be in the matrix having sex with virtual anime pillows.

I have a confession you guys

I have a really morbid fascination about what will happen if I punch Sulkdobbs in the balls

I mean you know not in the long term reproductive sense it's just that I've never really punched a guy in the balls before and sure I've seen it in films and television but never up close, I've never personally been witness to it you know

And I just

I don't know what will happen

Well I mean logically I probably do know what will happen, he'll be in a lot of pain and I'll immediately feel really bad and regret having done it and apologize a lot

But then there's this other part of me

This awful part of me

There is that part of me that really isn't satisfied with that answer

Until I can see it, until the room has filled with his cries of anguish and I can taste the waves of second-hand pain in the air, until I'm noting down the exact reaction with scientific precision in immaculate detail for the good of knowledge, I just

I just

I don't know what will happen
If I ever met you in real life I would rip my balls off and attach them to you then kick them.

I'd probably shake your hand. Not expecting any kicks to the balls because you're actually an extremely nice person. With abnormal thoughts (the best kind!).

**** asteroids.

Yep, I'll be 50.

Unless I die before then.

Both of you find a double large toilet and puke until every last lard sandwich you've eaten in the last two week comes up in a big mountain of bile and chunky stomach residue you fat sacks of subhuman acne-ridden ****.

This is all assuming the world won't end in 2012.
2012 is nothing more than the end of the Mayan calendar. Anyone who gives in to that rubbish can be considered sheeple who are easily manipulated by mass media.

The 2040 asteroid impact on the other hand. Oh well, I'll be 56. By then all that doomsday crap will be for youngsters who're afraid they won't get to live.

I'll be 46, hopefully married with kids, or on Mars, or dead. One or the other. I don't care really.

**** this thread.

Hey now, don't take your marital frustrations out on Remus.
Don't get me wrong, marrying someone awesome is awesome. Just the principle of marriage being a slip-up in which you lose the "game" you've been playing is ridiculous.

I'll be in the bathroom clenching my fists as I attempt to dislodge a brown leviathan from my anal canal.

2012 is nothing more than the end of the Mayan calendar. Anyone who gives in to that rubbish can be considered sheeple who are easily manipulated by mass media.

Oh are you in for a treat....

On the moon colony with a bevy of moon babes, on my moon yacht.

Oh are you in for a treat....
I wouldn't be surprised If all the hype and hysteria leading up until December of this year starts causing mass rioting on a scale even worse than Y2K because people in large numbers are idiots. "OMG! OMG! the world's gonna end!" Ha ha. Sheeple.

Assuming I don't get hit by a bus, I will be like 49 years old.

I figure I would've had enough time to build a deep underground emergency shelter by then. Hooray!

Back