Who will/would you vote in the November US presidential election?

Who?

• George W. Bush [color=dimgray]no!!![/color]

Votes: 22 34.4%
  • Wesley Clark

Votes: 5 7.8%
  • Howard Dean

Votes: 7 10.9%
  • John Edwards

Votes: 1 1.6%
  • John Kerry [color=dimgray]yes!!![/color]

Votes: 25 39.1%
  • Dennis Kukinich

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Al Sharpton

Votes: 4 6.3%

• Total voters
Yes, but this is george bush vs. 6 democrats... tally the totals:

George - 36.3%
Combined Dems - 63.6%

I'll probably vote for kerry, unless something happens and he drops out then its a toss up between clark and edwards. I'd rather go edwards, but he isn't as popular right now. Maybe by election time he will be, who knows.
Because, I've always hated bush's policies, foreign and domestic. His enviromental policies are disgusting, his economics are laughable. He spends like a dem and taxes like a republican, and that just doesn't work for the economy. And also I don't think he should be representative of America, he makes all of us look like cowboy, dip spittin' retards and i'm tired of it.
(i am old enough, and i am registered and i will vote come november)
Plain and simple, he led us to war by playing off our fear. Whether the war was justified or not isn't a valid point. The reasoning and execution are what disturbs me. If he can lead us to one war by fear whats stopping him from doing it again and again. You know what, f*ck terrorism, if it was called teddybearism we probably wouldn't be in iraq, we would still be in afghanistan (rightly so) finding bin laden...
Maybe kerry will abolish the patriot acts 1 & 2, and rename homeland security, to department of defense, oh wait.... Motherland security woot!!!!!!111one

Spiffae said:
Yes, but this is george bush vs. 6 democrats... tally the totals:

George - 36.3%
Combined Dems - 63.6%

Thats just it.

What if it were 6 republicans vs 1 democrat. Perhaps it might look a little different.

Farrowlesparrow said:
Thats just it.

What if it were 6 republicans vs 1 democrat. Perhaps it might look a little different.

umm...i think almost everyone who put a non-kerry democrat would vote kerry if not for the other options...if you're so sure it'd be different, post a "any democrat vs bush" poll

Maskirovka said:
...if you're so sure it'd be different, post a "any democrat vs bush" poll

That's pretty much what this is.

Do you mean an any Republican vs. Kerry poll?
You can't just make up candidates.

GhostValkyrie said:
That's pretty much what this is.

Do you mean an any Republican vs. Kerry poll?
You can't just make up candidates.

umm...no

farrow was claiming that somehow the number of democrat choices affected whether or not people chose bush. i'm saying that he should make a poll that doesn't give democrats that "advantage" he's talking about.

so make a poll that says "2004 democratic nominee vs bush" and you'd have basically the same results as the poll on this thread.

Yeah how about that AND we also bar internationals and people under 18 from voting.

Then we will get more correct results.

Lil' Timmy said:
that would leave like three of us.. i like it!

Thats my point. This poll mostly reflects WORLD opinion. And come on, we all know the rest of the world HATES Bush.

So I'm actually surprised he did so well here.

And then there are also many people here who are like 13-14 who voted for Al Sharpton just for fun.

ray_MAN said:
Wesley Clark, if I could vote. He will be MUCH better with the war than Bushwacker.

Look up Wesley's track record. He is one of our nations worst generals of all time...

pat_thetic said:
Look up Wesley's track record. He is one of our nations worst generals of all time...

how about instead of making lame posts with no evidence....why don't you look his record up and post a link to some things that support your claims.

if that's your opinion, fine...but don't just say he's one of the worst generals ever and offer nothing else.

i seem to remember him doing a good job in the kosovo conflict...y'know where he served as supreme allied commander...stopped ethnic cleansing in the area...no american lives lost...

To be honest i didnt really word my post properly. I just think that 6 candidates are bound to pull in more votes than 1. Some people might not like bush but they are still republican. Therfore they abstain.

Farrowlesparrow said:
I just think that 6 candidates are bound to pull in more votes than 1. Some people might not like bush but they are still republican. Therfore they abstain.

i don't understand what you're saying...i mean...i would vote for any of those people instead of bush...and i think a lot of people would do the same...that's why people are adding up all the democrat votes.

the news stations always have polls like "democratic candidate vs. george bush" or "john kerry or george bush"....and in every one of those i've seen...including a "john edwards vs. george bush" bush loses. i know they're just polls...but bleh...i hope you get my point.

People don't just go in and vote with their eyes closed... usually.
Democrats vote for Democrats.
Republicans vote for Republicans.

If you list 99 Democratic candidates and 1 Republican candidate in a poll the left will spread their votes out over the 99 Democrats and the right will pool all of their votes into the one Republican candidate. If the Democrats had two good candidates running and the Republicans only had one, the Democrats would almost definately lose because their votes would effectively be split in half. That is why there are primaries and nominations. The parties want to pool all of their available votes into one candidate to have the best chance to win.

Hmm...so should I make a new poll with "Republicans vs Democrats"?

Maskirovka said:
how about instead of making lame posts with no evidence....why don't you look his record up and post a link to some things that support your claims.

if that's your opinion, fine...but don't just say he's one of the worst generals ever and offer nothing else.

i seem to remember him doing a good job in the kosovo conflict...y'know where he served as supreme allied commander...stopped ethnic cleansing in the area...no american lives lost...

Sorry I forgot that everything I post has to be scrutinized by you...

He blew up a Chinese Embassy on "accident", you can search google your self, considering whatever source I use will be either moronic or idiotic....

pat_thetic said:
Sorry I forgot that everything I post has to be scrutinized by you...

He blew up a Chinese Embassy on "accident", you can search google your self, considering whatever source I use will be either moronic or idiotic....

no pat, it's not about scrutiny, it's about you posting meaningless garbage that you assume is fact. i know all about the china embassy thing...i can't believe you blame that on the supreme allied commander....who has nothing to do with the release of individual bombs.

if you want to say it was some kind of conspiracy..uhh...go ahead and believe whatever you want...but don't say "clark was the worst general ever" and then complain when you have to back your statement up :\

and i'm not defending clark...i don't even really like clark...as a presidential candidate anyway...i'm just defending the truth from your garbage posts. please post something other than conspiracy theories or opinions

one thing
NEVER VOAT FOR A MILITAR MEN WHO HAV BEEN BORN AND RAISED IN THE MORE POOR CITY IN YOUR COUNTRY

look the president of my country

-is a idiot
-he make my country worse that it was be
-he best ally is FIDEL CASTRO(cuban president)
-he hav his "peacefull" followers(they are violents,in a protest they shoot whit guns to the oppositors of the president,and they say they dont do that) and his followers hav the name of the person more important of my country(the person who fre my countri of Spain in the past,like XVI centuri)
-and every thing that we do tho get that matha****er out the presidence, he say that is not legal,and the method we use are in the law that he made
-and my country go to bad to worst

so remember
NEVER VOAT FOR A MILITAR MEN WHO HAV BEEN BORN AND RAISED IN THE MORE POOR CITY IN YOUR COUNTRY

is true

well something's wrong with your country when a guy who staged two coups eventually becomes the president :\

obviously the poor people love him if they take to the streets to put him back in office after another mob threw him out...

don't compare any american politician who is legitimately running for office to Hugo Chavez

Sprafa said:
Hmm...so should I make a new poll with "Republicans vs Democrats"?

Why bother, it will just turn into a bitching contest.

Here in the US military service is *almost* a requirement for becoming a president.

sorry if I am ofending your country(cuz my country depends of your country)

if just I sayn something about politic(because that is the theme of this thread right?)

and the president of my country is really how I describe
now all the people who vote for him is very repentance

if I am ofending much your country,tellme and I stop

no, no. :)

The people who offend our country most are our fellow Americans actually.

You didn't offend me. Your attempt to participate and share your opinions in a forum that's not in your native language is quite a commendable effort. :)

theres a lot of nationalism on these boards. this discussion is sort of becoming... stupid. some like bush, others hate him.

LoneDeranger said:
no, no. :)

The people who offend our country most are our fellow Americans actually.

This is true, sadly.
As for Military Service almost being required, I'm afraid I'll have to disagree. Albeit George dodged war by joining the Reserves, but Clinton dodged by going to Canada. :|

But Clinton never started a major war and had thousands upon thousands of American soldier pay what he was never willing to. (I mean going to war not dying in war)

and it was the national guard, not the reserves....and the guard in the 60's was basically canada...ask any veteran :p

my dad's a vietnam vet...pretty conservative, and he doesn't respect bush's service too much...he thinks it's pretty sketchy all the bs that went on..but that's not really playing a role in his voting choice...he'll still vote bush.

i don't think being in the service is a requirement per se, but it's certainly tough to run against someone with a strong military record when you've never been in the military. so it's only really a requirement depending on who you're running against :p

Maskirovka said:
no pat, it's not about scrutiny, it's about you posting meaningless garbage that you assume is fact. i know all about the china embassy thing...i can't believe you blame that on the supreme allied commander....who has nothing to do with the release of individual bombs.

if you want to say it was some kind of conspiracy..uhh...go ahead and believe whatever you want...but don't say "clark was the worst general ever" and then complain when you have to back your statement up :\

and i'm not defending clark...i don't even really like clark...as a presidential candidate anyway...i'm just defending the truth from your garbage posts. please post something other than conspiracy theories or opinions

Well I do know he was fired, and you have to do something stupid to be fired... And my posts aren't that bad, they have to be like perfect to not be garbage for you...

pat_thetic said:
Well I do know he was fired, and you have to do something stupid to be fired... And my posts aren't that bad, they have to be like perfect to not be garbage for you...

no they just have to be true...or opinion...not your opinion made to seem like facts

he wasn't fired, he was asked, by clinton, to resign...for political reasons...not because he did a bad job. so how about *you* go look his record up...i'm already pretty familiar with it.

Maskirovka said:
no they just have to be true...or opinion...not your opinion made to seem like facts

he wasn't fired, he was asked, by clinton, to resign...for political reasons...not because he did a bad job. so how about *you* go look his record up...i'm already pretty familiar with it.
Sorry forgot you know everything

pat_thetic said:
Sorry forgot you know everything
take a sticky, write down "Maskirovka knows everything" on it, and smack it up on your monitor. i bet you'll hardly ever make that mistake again. :thumbs:

Why don't you two stop bickering and admit that you'll support me in my presedential campaign? I'll rule with an iron fist and anyone who crosses me will know the anguish of seeing one's family put in front of a firing squad! Lil timmy will be Vice President in charge of drowning kittens.

lol, you're in texas.. are you from texas? i'd never support a texan for anything.. 'cept exile maybe.. :|

edit: so will i be your VP, and also, in addition to that, be in charge of drowning the baby kittiens? or am i VP of drowning kittens, with a pres. of drowning kittens overseeing me? cuz i'll tell you right now, i'm not answering to anyone when it comes to my drowning of infant mammals!

:drowning kitten smiley:

Lil' Timmy said:
take a sticky, write down "Maskirovka knows everything" on it, and smack it up on your monitor. i bet you'll hardly ever make that mistake again. :thumbs:

Done :thumbs:

I just saw an ad paid for by the Republican National Commitee on Blue's News. It told me to support a president whos foreign policy works, there was a picture of Bush next to these words. So, since Blue suggested it, I'm voting Bush come time when elections start.

Maskirovka said:

What were the political reasons? Could he have possibly done something... *GASP*.... bad?!

Lil' Timmy said:
lol, you're in texas.. are you from texas? i'd never support a texan for anything.. 'cept exile maybe.. :|

edit: so will i be your VP, and also, in addition to that, be in charge of drowning the baby kittiens? or am i VP of drowning kittens, with a pres. of drowning kittens overseeing me? cuz i'll tell you right now, i'm not answering to anyone when it comes to my drowning of infant mammals!

:drowning kitten smiley:

You'll be the VP but you'll also own a kitten drowning factory in Texas. You will have full control over the factory and all its workers. The extent of your responsibilities will be agreeing with me on major issues and trying to create a chain of kitten drowning factories across the world.

/me ducks into thread.

If I were an American, I'd vote for that friendly hippy guy.

/me ducks out quickly.

Back