Who's your Favorite Artist?

Typical answer, but Salvador Dali.

Piss_Christ_by_Serrano_Andres_%281987%29.jpg

"Piss Christ"

A photo of Jesus on a crucifix submerged in urine. I have no idea who Serrano Andres is, but man. That had to piss off a lot of people.

I've got Rose Meditative, the Persistence of Memory, and Elephants on Stilts on my wall in my room.

you should check them out... the one I have in mind is only 16 minutes long..

I've got Rose Meditative, the Persistence of Memory, and Elephants on Stilts on my wall in my room.

Well I was too cheap to buy a reproduction of one of his paintings so I made one myself. It's "Metamorphosis of Narcissus" (or whatever it's called in English). I've made it in tempera, I suck at oil on canvas:(

watching luis bunel/dali is useless without historical background/understanding of the movement of the time ..it just plays like a collection of abstract imagery otherwise

Happy Birthday Edvard Munch.

I would say Gaudi but his stuff looks like mutated ice cream.

watching luis bunel/dali is useless without historical background/understanding of the movement of the time ..it just plays like a collection of abstract imagery otherwise

When I watched Un Chien Andalou and L'Age D'Or, I knew they were surrealist avant-garde French films from the late 20's/early 30's. Is there something else I should have known?

When I watched Un Chien Andalou and L'Age D'Or, I knew they were surrealist avant-garde French films from the late 20's/early 30's. Is there something else I should have known?

you lifted that right off of wikipedia:

"Un chien andalou (An Andalusian Dog) is a sixteen-minute surrealist film made in France in 1929, by writer/director Luis Bu?uel and Salvador Dal?. It is one of the best-known surrealist films of the French avant-garde film movement of the 1920s"

oh and spanish ...luis bunuel and dali are both from spain, the film may have been filmed in france and featured french "actors" but the ideas were from spaniards

you lifted that right off of wikipedia:

"Un chien andalou (An Andalusian Dog) is a sixteen-minute surrealist film made in France in 1929, by writer/director Luis Bu?uel and Salvador Dal?. It is one of the best-known surrealist films of the French avant-garde film movement of the 1920s"

oh and spanish ...luis bunuel and dali are both from spain, the film may have been filmed in france and featured french "actors" but the ideas were from spaniards

The 16 minute part and the dates? No, I did not lift that info from Wikipedia. I lifted that info from this page "http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0020530/". Yes, I forgot the dates, but I knew them when I watched the movies (I rarely watch a movie without knowing the year it was made).

As for the surrealist, French, avant-garde part, I knew that:naughty:

I like yoshi shinkawaga

btw what makes a good painting?

I'unno, no favourite really. I used to like Picasso for some reason.

At the moment I'm worshipping the guy who does Blame! (graphic novel).

I don't know his real name, but he goes by Que-Ever on forums and stuff. I like his style, and I've been following his work for years. He always seems to manage to draw stuff that I want to see.

I never really followed much drawers, but, I always was impressed by TDE's work

Back