Why is Chernoybl blocked out on google earth?

Also white house and parliament in Brussel are blurred :s
EDIT: They were blurred some time ago...

Just found this...

Dear HL2.net,

Regarding your questions about the blurring of this 'Chernobyl' area on Google Earth, we would like to make it clear that this area does not exist, and, in the unlikely event that it does, no major, embarrassing nuclear incident ever occurred or will occur there. Please stop looking.

Yours Sincerely,

The Government of Russia,
and The Board for the Covering-Up of Nuclear Incidents.
xox

did you email Putin?

Chernobyl is so creepy. How do they get photopraphs of the place anyway? Robot cameras?

Btw, whats the closest one can get to it? Like how many miles are seriously affected in a radius that you can only go so close.

there is this ukrainian chick who apparently has been travelling around the deserted area, check out her site: www.elenafilatova.com

tons of pictures from around the chernobyl area. those picture give me chills, the place is completely deserted and it looks like it was straight from a post apocalyptic world. you can sense the silence surrounding that place, there's nobody alive.

Is she hot?

GetOutDutier.jpg

Chernobyl is so creepy. How do they get photopraphs of the place anyway? Robot cameras?

Btw, whats the closest one can get to it? Like how many miles are seriously affected in a radius that you can only go so close.

There are 1 day tours offered by the gov't for something like $1200 USD per person...

According to Wiki;

The most deadly radioactive isotope (caesium-137) released by the accident (external gamma exposure has a short biological halflife in humans) will take 300 years to decay to one thousandth of its present level.

The Zone of Alienation, which is variously referred to as The Chernobyl Zone, The 30 Kilometer Zone, The Zone of Exclusion, The Fourth Zone, or just The Zone...is the 30 km/19 mi exclusion zone around the site of the Chernobyl nuclear reactor disaster.

there is this ukrainian chick who apparently has been travelling around the deserted area, check out her site: www.elenafilatova.com

tons of pictures from around the chernobyl area. those picture give me chills, the place is completely deserted and it looks like it was straight from a post apocalyptic world. you can sense the silence surrounding that place, there's nobody alive.

Thats been proven to be a fake...her story has changed many times because people question her story...apparently its a ploy by the Ukrainian gov't to bring attention and continued interest to help fund their tourism program...

oh well...I assume those pictures are genuine though? or they're not even from chernobyl?

The pictures ARE real, and are from Pripyat...but its not a bike ride...Ukraine forbids motorcycles in the city...

Also, I can clearly see it on Google Earth right now...

circa 2003-4, I think...but earlier this year they launched their own satellite to map the Earth again to provide updated data...some of the first images they applied to Google Earth was to help the search for Steve Fosset...

In approximately 300 years they will turn Chernobyl into a monument. It will still be harmful.

Chernobyl is like a bad sector on the Hard-drive of Earth.

They should just make it a theme park with nuclear powered rides TBH. In 300 years nuclear powered... never mind.

stupid americanium, and...other crappy long half life things.

Is there any place on earth that is more polluted than the Chernobyl area?

Not even captain planet can save us now!

I can't believe they even want to consider building more nuclear plants, even though they are safer nowdays.. God if ever something went wrong again.

If you want some black and white videos of what this did to some of the people that weren't so close, or anything along those lines, you should be able to find something on YouTube. I saw a video of a plume of radioactive smoke hitting a helicopter (the cameraman was in the adjacent heli) and it went straight down the second the green cloud hit it. Then you get the scary pictures of unborn children, and the children and adults who died/got cancer/tumors/mutations/ what have you.

If you can't see Chernobyl on Google Earth, play S.T.A.L.K.E.R.. ;)

If you can't see S.T.A.L.K.E.R. play Chernobyl.

hey guys! I was on the highway a few minutes and when I hit 88mph I ended up in this thread.

This thread made me lulz, the original posts back in 2k7 made it sound like people thought there was some massive "Conspiracy" lol, even though the fact that during this very time, you could easily get tours of Chernobyl, including close to the NPP.

There is no clear sky around Chernobyl, thus why you can't see it on Google Earth.

Just found this...

Dear HL2.net,

Regarding your questions about the blurring of this 'Chernobyl' area on Google Earth, we would like to make it clear that this area does not exist, and, in the unlikely event that it does, no major, embarrassing nuclear incident ever occurred or will occur there. Please stop looking.

Yours Sincerely,

The Government of Russia,
and The Board for the Covering-Up of Nuclear Incidents.
xox

Seems legit.

Back