Why is Chernoybl blocked out on google earth?

highlander

Reaction score
i just tried looking at it on google earth, and it's blurred and i can't see anything, even though the buffer is full. Or is it meant too be like that? :O

Blurs for me too, it's obviously not there for a reason

Whatever that reason is though, I have no idea. Probably the Ukraine not giving permission for it to appear or something

But why though? What could they be possibly doing with a destroyed Nuclear plant?

Okay... Rebuilding? fixing? also Prypiat is alot further away from Chernobyl then i originally thought

Yes, i caused Chernobyl. Twice in fact. But why should they be blurring it?

Erm, that's the radioactivity screwing with the sattelites.

Yeah; the radiation makes a straight line south.

Okay... Rebuilding? fixing? also Prypiat is alot further away from Chernobyl then i originally thought

hmm...yea, it's a bit further than I thought too. But it's still only 10-15 KM away, according to the scale on Google Maps.

Probably 20-25 KM from the actual center of the power plant, though...

They don't want you to see the giant roving band of rats. So large, they cannot fit through the chain links erected around the site to contain them.

They don't want people taking their ideas for literature and video games!

In my opinin any person try a experiment that how a site should blocked? That the person did not know how it is recover. That is why it was disappear.

Damn radiation...does anyone actually know when the radiation will be gone?

I hit it. But it's too ashamed to admit it.

It's blurred because the last thing I need is you spying on me.

aren't they going to build a huge concrete "shield" around the ruins of that reactor? they're kinda burying the whole structure. I read something like that a few months ago.

They has actually begun work on the new sarcophagus, so there is construction going on.

I think he's trying to say, that maybe they were testing how to block something, but don't know how to turn it off? or something like that

Google censors when it comes to government requests.

that's what I was wondering too. doesn't look like anything was blurred

I swear I saw Chernobyl from google earth like a year ago, and at that time it wasn't blurred... Not anything interesting to see either

Just found this...

Dear HL2.net,

Regarding your questions about the blurring of this 'Chernobyl' area on Google Earth, we would like to make it clear that this area does not exist, and, in the unlikely event that it does, no major, embarrassing nuclear incident ever occurred or will occur there. Please stop looking.

Yours Sincerely,

The Government of Russia,
and The Board for the Covering-Up of Nuclear Incidents.
xox

Back