Why is Chernoybl blocked out on google earth?

It is there, its just the irradiated earth is messing up the satellite's camera making it all blurry.

I only really started to research Chernobyl after playing COD 4. I wanted to see how accurate the map of Prypiat was and actually became quite fascinated with the whole disaster. I was surprised after researching it, how accurate the drawings were in the game. The ferris wheel, bumper cars, pool, arena of excellence, the hotel you snipe from and so on. They did a great job of recreating it. I'm sure STALKER is accurate too, but I haven't played it yet. And yes tours are ongoing in Prypiat they just have to be very careful where they go to avoid the pockets of radiation. Some of the original occupants still go back to the city every April and spend some time together on the pier. No-one "lives" there though, but there are some occupants out of the city in a few of the area towns. They mark the doors with "people still ive here" or somethingto that effect.

You can actually see the NPP and shit on Google Maps. However you can only see like, half of Pripyat, the rest is blurred.

It looks to me like I can see all of Prypiat on Google Earth. I'm just trying to figure out what the heck is that thing at the NW corner of the city. It looks like a giant solar panel or something.

Back