Why's Eli constantly Smiling?

I wouldn't say that he's always smiling, take the beginning of episode 1, where he is definitely not smiling, or when he gets his brains sucked out. No smiling.

On a side note, did you know that valve got the a local homeless dude to be the face model for eli?

he has a crush on gordon

In his mind, he's imagining Gordon and Alyx sleeping together, having kids, and starting a new life after the defeat of the Combine. Too bad he won't be around to see it -- oh yeah, I just went there.

I think his character represents the optimism of the Rebellion. Maybe that's why.

It's to give the feeling of a caring grandfather/father persona. Or it's to mask all the pain and trauma of causing the Apocalypse and losing his wife.

Y'know, something deep like that.

In his mind, he's imagining Gordon and Alyx sleeping together.

Those Advisors must really regret sucking out his brains and absorbing all his knowledge.

Those Advisors must really regret sucking out his brains and absorbing all his knowledge.

Are you kidding? Somebody has to carry on the noble art of fanfiction.

Yeah he's dead in the game now so he's probably buried in the Earth.

It was a waste Eli Vance was done in. Gordon tried and failed to rescue him from Nova Prospekt, he managed to rescue him after a long journey up to the Citadel. Then he dies at a time when Dog somehow had to run away at that moment.

Back