Winner For Our 'Design a Grip' Contest For Novint Falcon

Hectic Glenn

Site Director
Staff member
Reaction score
Novint have announced the winner of the 'design a grip' contest halflife2.net hosted a couple weeks back. Tom from Novint apologised for the delay in judging, it's a busy old job working at Novint these days! They judges decided on five honorable mentions, one runner up, and one winner. The winner is:[br]gkaee - Who designed a sword handle grip. Congratulations on winning a Novint Falcon![br]For the runner up and five honourable mentions, Novint will have kindly provided a certificate for all hard work put into the entries they saw. The runner up is:[br]Lone Wolf - Who designed an alternate pistol grip. Congratulations on winning a $150 certificate towards the purchase of the $199 Falcon bundle.[br]The 5 honourable mentions go to: Mooodan, kgwhipp, The Cake is a Pie, Marler and Terrox. Congratulations on winning a $125 certificate towards the purchase of the $199 Falcon bundle.[br]Novint have also kindly provided certificates to all entrants who were not mentioned to the value of $100 towards the purchase of the $199 Falcon bundle! Many thanks to Novint for their incredible generosity and community involvement. Please PM Pi Mu Rho with your details for us to co-ordinate prizes.

Hey everyone, I was really impressed with the level of effort on some of the entries. I really appreciate all the effort - was a really great event for us. One of my all time favorites.

also, thanks again to halflife2.net for working with us on this contest. It is an undeniably top tier site and community, and we're really excited to be involved with the community any way we can.

thanks all
tomnovint, ceo of novint

Is your last name Novint, or is your username just like "Tom of Novint"

Edit: Oh, Tom Anderson :(

Congratulations to all the winners! I've got to say the scanning platform is a pretty sweet idea.

Wow, I had forgotten about this :p That's cool!

I've got to say the scanning platform is a pretty sweet idea.

Thanks KineticAesthetic, I call dibs on Novint Falcon Rapid Prototype 3d Printer if there's ever another contest ;P

But congratulations to all those that placed. Thanks to Novint for providing the cool bonuses. I'm seriously debating one now.

I was wondering when this would be wrapped up. I wish I would have submitted mine. :\

Congratulations to the winners and participants!

If the winners can PM me with their name/address/postal details, I'll pass them on to Novint in order for you to claim your prize.

And remember, if you didn't enter and are interested in buying a Falcon, you can use the Halflife2.net discount - just enter HL2NET as your discount code when buying. :)

Pi Mu Rho do you need mine, as I was thinking on seeing how the TF2 tournament went first?

also when you buy the novint falcon it says "a collection of great games" and shows orange box, is this a code then for use on steam?

--Edit---

Never mind, just checked and saw it comes with Orange Box and Penumbra Overture

yep, that's correct Marler - it comes with OB and P:O. It's no problem waiting to see how the TF2 contest goes too. Also, if you do get one, and then win one, we'll either refund your money or send you a 2nd - your choice ;)

thx, tomnovint

thanks for that Tom, might order so I know it's on the way, any idea how much VAT is as I think I saw people said £18 on the novint site. do you know if this correct and if not any idea of the price. And the cost of shipping would be useful too

Thanks again Tom!

Just wondering which falcon do i get for the contest, is it the plain falcon or the orange box bundle?

I'm not positive on VAT, but you can ask at falconsales [at] novint [dot] com

thx, tomnovint

gkaee, it will include pistol grip and orange box ;)

thx, tomnovint

So uh... If I got a certificate how exactly do I claim that? Thanks :)

you can coordinate getting the certificate with Pi Mu Rho ;)

thx, tomnovint

sent Pi Mu Rho my details. Are we allowed to use it with other Novint Falcon codes?

moodan, you can send a note to tf2contest[at]novint[dot]com, and I can forward on if you still haven't heard anything. thx, tomnovint

how long is the discounts for the participants good for? I'm thinking along the lines of xmas I'd have the necessary dough for it.

deathmaster, there's no hurry - anytime before Christmas or even a bit after would be fine. I won't be a stickler on the timeframe ;)

thx, tomnovint

Back