Woman's scream in Ravenholm

Wally_Funk

Reaction score
I read somewhere that you can hear a female scream during the Ravenholm level, indicating other survivors in the town. Does anyone know where in the level you can hear this scream, or a youtube video or something similiar?

probably the fast zombie screams, never heard anythin you described

There are a few ambient noises along those lines. They're ambiguous but the sound files are titled stuff like 'scream' or 'child_cry' iirc. Easiest way is to have a look in the files with GCFscape and hunt for the ambient stuff in Ravenholm.

It happens right when you enter Ravenholm. I found it funny that it is named child cry or child scream.

i know exactly which sound your talking about, and when you finally hear it (unfortunetly its very rarely played and isnt very loud) its really scary... But you can find it in the sound folder under the name child_scream or something like that... Basically, its best if you hear it in game, so what you wanna do is play the very beginning part of ravenholm and the first part you enter where its outside, theres the ravenholm sigh on the ground, and the legs hanging to a tree, just stand there and wait and you'll hear a bunch of sounds and that one will eventually play, but it might be a while....

It's probably more of a "memory" than an indicator that there're survivors left. Much like the child's laugh when you approach the swings at the beginning of the game.

I figured that as well, but I always got a good creep from thinking that somebody out there, scared and confused in Ravenholm, was being nabbed by a zombie as I passed through.

It's probably more of a "memory" than an indicator that there're survivors left. Much like the child's laugh when you approach the swings at the beginning of the game.

That's not a random sound, its from the baby doll on the ground.

I read somewhere that you can hear a female scream during the Ravenholm level, indicating other survivors in the town. Does anyone know where in the level you can hear this scream, or a youtube video or something similiar?

Never heard of it. Would you mind recording the sounds for us?

I've heard the sound you're talking about. I always hear it when I'm walking past the first pyre you come to (the place where you have to turn off the fire to enter the building). It creeped the hell out of me when I first heard it!

When I heard it on the first playthrough I thought we were gonna have to rescue someone. After about 15 min I realized it was just a random noise...lol

I guess I'll listen for it the next time I play through.

I've heard it once near the burning bodies where you first meet Gregori. Really creepy thing to hear, esp. since I've not heard it since, and I have actually tried to listen out for it on next playthroughs.

Sounds creepy, I have heard the baby noise at the start of the game, and the creepy noise when the start of the game's area is in ruins, and that tv.. and that noise.... that still puts me on edge today.
I haven't actually heard anything in Ravenholm though, I will try and listen out for it though.
I hope I don't find it.

never heard it when i was playing through it :S :|

It's start's at the beginning of the level.

The location of the scream can actually vary. I've not heard it at the beginning but, like I said before, I heard at the first pyre you come to. So there are several places where you can hear it, not just one.

ahhaa i'll start a new gfame on ravenholm and look for it ;)

And someone please record it, I'm very curious too and I don't have the game atm.

I played through ravenholm recently but I didn't hear it, I wasn't really listening for it though so I might've missed it.

i played through it again but still nothing :|
can someone record this please on video so i know where to look out for it :hmph:

There isn't a place where it happens - it's random, though I myself heard it near the burnt bodies and I've seen quite a few posts saying the same.

It's very quiet. I wasn't totally sure It was in game when I heard, or whether I had heard anything at all, but I was certainly put on edge by it. If I remember correctly, it's a generic movie woman scream, much like the infamous Wilhelm Scream, only the female version.

Does anyone remember why we are all here? I am sure the scream was mentioned as background to another question? Or I could be wrong. Sure I've heard it though, if that really matters anymore.

You know Gammy Goose's Half-Life commentary on Youtube. Well, during the section on Ravenholm (titiled "Dark Night of the Soul"), the scream can be heard in the background during the Father Grigory speech montage. I'll send a link with the exact time when I get home from work.

EDIT: Here it s, at 4:08 of this vid:

http://jp.youtube.com/watch?v=PNEGqMr1flw&feature=channel_page

Hmmmm...i dunno thats what it said when i tried to play it...................this must be the work of....Gman :| :hmph:

Back