Worst Present you've ever recieved.

Calculator and pencil.

I got a linen shirt from my gran on my last birthday. I thought it was a game. :(

Lol why would your gran give you a video game?

My worst present, a birthday card and nothing more. Absolutely nothing more, and I didn't get anything from anybody else, but that was 5 years ago.

An undersized mock football jersey from my grandma, and a picture frame once from somebody

Hmm...

We have a really nice but really christian family friend. Like born-again praise-the-lord-hallelujah christian, but she's usually not very vocal about it, except when she gives gifts. I've gotten the same bible from her on two consecutive birthdays (one of those hip updated english ones). Which actually started to look a bit better when she got me a pen for my 21st. :|

Presents from ma 'n pa - one time they got me a dishwashing brush... in a huge box... with weights in it and everything. I thought it was an Xbox or something. :( Another time dad gave me a biscuit in an envelope. I still don't know what the **** was up with that.

Most awesome shit gift I've received: My friends and I used to have an unspoken pact that we'd never get eachother anything for our birthdays, or at least anything of any real use, just to save some effort because none of us really cared. So one year my friend's working in a supermarket and gets me a roll of dog meat for my birthday. Which is like... wtf... until I read the side: "For your best friend!"

I bawwwwwwwww'd. :D

Then gave it to the neighbour's dog.

I got a linen shirt from my gran on my last birthday. I thought it was a game. :(
What's a linen shirt? The material "linen" or a shirt with a picture graphic of "John Linen" on it?

EDIT> Wait, isn't his name spelt "Lennon"?

Presents from ma 'n pa - one time they got me a dishwashing brush... in a huge box... with weights in it and everything. I thought it was an Xbox or something. :( Another time dad gave me a biscuit in an envelope. I still don't know what the **** was up with that.
Strangest gifts ever. Really dude, what were your folks thinking?

My dad, brother and I once got one of our oldest cousins in california(like 5-6 years older than my brother even a pack of cigarettes for his... I think it was his 17th birthday?

Yep, it was a cigarette pack, empty, and inside we stuffed this really nice pewter Anarchy necklace type thing we knew he'd like. He was into Anarchy and shit.

Really surprised his parents that we have him a cigarette pack. lol

I wouldn't call it a crappy gift... just a practical joke packaging.

Some crappy game for game boy color, from my aunt... I didn't even open the box and took it to eb games ASAP to get $5 for it.

Also socks, but that was XMAS.

Some crappy game for game boy color, from my aunt... I didn't even open the box and took it to eb games ASAP to get $5 for it.
How long ago was that? Was that back before the GBA?

BTW, the most common gift nowadays is a gift card. That totally allieviates any confusion for people when it comes time to swap Christmas gifts. Or better yet, just tell your people to just give you cash. For me, I usually need that more anyways.

Actually it was only 4 or so years ago, I know that the DS was out but GBC games were still being sold.
I thought the DS wasn't released until 05'?

Futhermore, there were next to no GBC games in any game store being sold around here at that time (2004) unless it was used. I guess your aunt really was just being a tightwad. :p

Nintendo stopped making new titles for the GBC in like 1999 IIRC.

A football with the words "It's time to play with your dad" on the side of it...

...bit of a bum, but i still play with it anyway. was about 14 at the time lol.

A football with the words "It's time to play with your dad" on the side of it...

...bit of a bum, but i still play with it anyway. was about 14 at the time lol.
Do I need to ask why that was a crappy gift? I'm sorry Koola. :(

*bows head*

No need my good chum, but thank you it was a great gift that has still lasted me to this day! LONG LIVE SHERRIN!

I got bought Heroes for my birthday this year by my um... "friend". It wasn't the worst birthday present ever, but considering I was expecting Firefly, it was the most disappointing present I ever received. Funnily enough, I'd previously promised to her that I'd tell her if I didn't like it. But I was so distraught I couldn't say anything. I was like "yeah... I like it... thanks...". She seemed to interpret that as "I love it, woah! That's completely awesome! OMFG BEST PRESENT EVA".

:(

My grandma does get me games, but they're usually silly puzzle things. She appalls violence and shooters, to which I install and play on her computer.

I like pissing off grandma.

For my 13th birthday my grandfather gave me a package iof napkins... Imagine the message I must have thought he was giving me. Truth be told, he doesn't know me, so he has no idea what to get me... i tell him "GIMME MONEYZ!" but he just gives me shit. Like for my 14h birthday... I got a sheet metal saw. "OHH, THANK YOU GRANDFATHER! SUCH A GRAND GIFT! I SHALL FINALLY BE ABLE TO CUT DOWN THAT TREE THAT I'VE BEEN WANTING TO GET RID OF!"

-.-

I got a screwdriver set from my grampa...

...When I was nine. :|

a three slot toaster for my 17th birthday... Why would a 17 year old need a 3 slot toaster? Oh, of course to make breakfast... seriously what was my aunt thinking?

That would be awesome.

Especially if Toaster had three slots :naughty:

When I was 7 or 8, my grandma gave me a bargain-bin flashlight for christmas. It started to melt within five minutes of being turned on.

a three slot toaster for my 17th birthday... Why would a 17 year old need a 3 slot toaster? Oh, of course to make breakfast... seriously what was my aunt thinking?
I want one of those. :(

TWO SLICES IS NEVER ENOUGH.

Me too. I think I'll ask Grandma for either a new bike, or a three slot toaster for my room.

Edit: Nah, I need something to ride.

I recently was linked to a piece of erotic literature which involved a man ****ing a toaster. So your choice is still there.

Back