WOW needs to ban people.

Should Blizzard put in a banning feature?

• Total voters
but when money-making is involved, its unlikely theyll STOP people playing.
If they got those kind of people to play less (but not stop) then they would make more money. They would lake up less bandwidth and since they cannot level/get money or whatever as fast they spend more time doing so and are on for longer. If Blizzard were really after money more than all else then limiting playtime or encouraging shorter playtime would make them more money.

Still, there quite ****ed in the head.

And just who are you to make a blanket statement like that? Your lucky I just assume your some guy who thinks its cool to bash WoW when you have no idea what your really talking about. Your intilted to your opoinion. But there is no need to offend other people who believe differently.

Bitch

Today I set a new low standard for myself that I vow to do never again. I played World of Warcraft for 7-8 hours staight. :eek: I bought this game only this time only because they gave me a free month. Also there is'nt any good games out. I have never been addicted to a videogame this much. It's the Super Bowl weekend so I had this time to play this much. Still though I don't play 40 hours a week! Nor do I play wow for 24 hours straight for it's expansion pack: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2ru5imBot6g We're talking about a father
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VSNfJKYoA8k
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OZosQ6x80ng
who almost missed his son being born because of wow! I'm in college right now but I still do my homework and everything. I don't get addicted as much as those people. They also have people in China play forever to gain money in the game. As well as people dropping dead (literally) of exhaustion because of too much playing.

I also noticed a Sophmore in my High School and how he acted. He usually was tired looking but he was social. He missed going out with friends though because of wow sometimes. So my point of my thread is, should there be an in-game feature in wow that just bans you from the game like a safety feature? Like no more than 3 hours a day? If Blizzard really cares about their consumers they should really take action on this I say.

I think you should be limited to 3 posts a year or be banned, you might actually think about what you're saying then :)

Glad I'm one of the people that think WOW sucks arse and either don't play MMOS or only play good ones.

Oh please, don't act like you're in some kind of enlightened minority. At least not on this forum.

I can't look two posts into a WoW-related topic without some batch of retards saying "lol WoW sucks stop wasting ur life".

Some people seem to think that if these adicts played less (only an hour a day or something) then Blizzard would lose money. They'ed make more money because the monthly fee is the same and they'd have to pay for less bandwidth.

Imposing a cap on playtime would drive customers away. There's your loss of money. I know that 75% of my guild, as hardcore raiders, would never hear of it.

Sorry, but I'm not going to pay a monthly fee for a game and have it dictate to me when I can or can't log on due to time constraints. I and others pay for the product and we are entitled to play as long as we want. I don't understand how you see that restricting the playerbase would result in financial success.

Oh please, don't act like you're in some kind of enlightened minority. At least not on this forum.

I can't look two posts into a WoW-related topic without some batch of retards saying "lol WoW sucks stop wasting ur life".

Couldn't agree more. If you don't like WoW, then don't come onto the Wow-related threads.

WOW SUXORZ LOLZ...

no seriously, let people play as much as they want for however long they want..i'm sure people know the risks and it's up to them to decide whether they should participate or not.

If they're going to throw life away for a game, then hey that's their choice.

Couldn't agree more. If you don't like WoW, then don't come onto the Wow-related threads.

It's not necessarily that either. I'm all for contrary opinion. There's no reason people shouldn't be able to criticize games in their own topics.

What annoys me is the ignorant, sheepish mentality from a lot of people here. It's the quality of the criticism that is so severely lacking. Most of them have never touched an MMO, let alone World of Warcraft. It's always the same old "WoW sucks" or "Oh, it's such a waste of time and money" that never goes beyond some parroted, superficial grudge born from not understanding the mechanics of games with recurring fees.

I'll decide for myself what wastes my time and what doesn't, thankyouverymuch.

I played WoW, after my cousins got it. Never really liked it. Just not my taste for a game. I mean I see why people do like it, but it's not my cup of tea.... you know I don't even like tea.

I AM ****ING IMMUNE​

lol WoW sucks stop wasting ur life.

Minus the social aspect WoW is level grind. If people want to level grind all day long let them. People die because of their addiction thats their problem just like any other addiction. Are you stupid for sticking with your addiction? hell yes.

Also note how I made another point in my previous post which was actually valid to the discussion which is taking place.

lol WoW sucks stop wasting ur life.

Werewolves or not.

Heh. People have been talking about this a lot, ad now in some games, a female voice (She actually sounds just like the overwatch voice actor D:) tells you that your playing time has gone unhealthy at a 15 second interval.

Make that two of us. I played it and failed to see what is so entertaining.

I played for like 3 weeks geting my character to 20,but got bored quickly

however I think is a good game

If they got those kind of people to play less (but not stop) then they would make more money. They would lake up less bandwidth and since they cannot level/get money or whatever as fast they spend more time doing so and are on for longer. If Blizzard were really after money more than all else then limiting playtime or encouraging shorter playtime would make them more money.

I dont see how, as you pay weekly or every 6 months. Either way, they still get the same amount of money. The point is, if you restrict playing, less people will stay hooked, will then quit through annoyance etc etc.

Just because you open up more spaces on one or two servers doesnt mean you stop people playing. You just join a low pop server.

No, because then the WoW noobs would be trolling around on forums that I frequent. If they're in the game, I don't see them.

This post was made out of jest, so calm your knee-jerk.

Minus the social aspect WoW is level grind.

Minus plot and context, FPS games are just shooting galleries. See? I too can fall back on reductionism to its most idiotic extent. Your comment doesn't even take into account end-game raiding, gear, PVP, or even lore for that matter. But whatever. You can strip down any game to make it sound unappealing. Even if WoW is one big grind, I enjoy it.

If blizzard implimented a 3-hour-a-day limit, a hell of a lot of people would be pissed.

I think they should have GM's monitor the time spent. IE, you play 6 hours a day, a notification is sent to a GM. If this repeats, they limit you dowm.

They're not that that money hungry. Besides, they've been sued before on this, I think.

Don't overestimate the power of the EULA. They may be pumping their rights there but they still are based on laws outside the agreement. The most they can do is to send a notification to the player himself.

You can't put a restriction on something you pay a monthly subscription for.

Thats like renting a house, but for 3 hours a day you get evicted. You just can't do it.

In WoW one of the loading screen tips reads "Bring your friends to Azeroth, but don't forget to go outside Azeroth with them!" - That is enough to cover their own backs, along with the account restriction feature on the account page. If someone want's to play, who in the hell is Blizzard or anyone to say otherwise.

And just who are you to make a blanket statement like that? Your lucky I just assume your some guy who thinks its cool to bash WoW when you have no idea what your really talking about. Your intilted to your opoinion. But there is no need to offend other people who believe differently.
Are you fu#@in serious? He has ever right to judge them and offend them. These people are the people that ruin the image of every other person that plays games casually and has a life outside of there computer room. Like it or not we are all labelled in society with sterotypes and these people aren't helping us out. Plus they tax society with there health problems and etc. from being lazy lard asses. Does anyone here not recognize the connection between rising obesity and health problems with inactivity? Numerous studies have been done proving this but gaming dorks just refuse these facts and it really pisses me off. I believe that people should be able to do what they please but when it gets that extreme there should be a limit. It's in there best interest anyway.

Minus plot and context, FPS games are just shooting galleries. See? I too can fall back on reductionism to its most idiotic extent. Your comment doesn't even take into account end-game raiding, gear, PVP, or even lore for that matter. But whatever. You can strip down any game to make it sound unappealing. Even if WoW is one big grind, I enjoy it.

You mean at level 60/70 right?

Good for you. Play the game then. I'm not out to make people stop playing it keeps them away from me. Also I'm sure at some point you though "damn I need x levels" Hell I'm sure we've all done that at some point. WOW players at least the ones I know are the most boring people I've ever spoken too. Okay maybe not the most but they're pretty close up there. I'M TALKING ABOUT ADDICTED PLAYERS NOT YOUR CASUAL GAMER. I THOUGHT THE CAPS WOULD BE GOOD TO GET THAT ACROSS BEFORE ANYONE HAD A KNEE JERK REACTION.

Oh, just shut the **** up.

Ha nice no comment needed.

Your caps is giving me a hand jerk reaction.

I concur, any game, in it's purest form is a snore. Same can be said for most things in life. The argument that WoW is only a grind is overused and redundant.

WOW players at least the ones I know are the most boring people I've ever spoken too.

Just out of curiosity how many "WOW players" do you regularly speak with? Just because you know Joe Smith from school who doesn't know how to interact with humanity because he's too busy talking about his latest purple loots doesn't mean he or she represents 8 million people.

Semi-offtopic rant incoming -

The grind, I think, is a neccesary tool in MMOs more than a game mechanic, really. In any other single player game (well, not all, but most), you're only competing against the computer, so "winning" is very straight-forward. In regular non-massive multiplayer games, you're only competing with the people in the same server as you, so most often winning hinges on skill rather than progression (even though obtaining said skill could be considered a bit of a grind).

But in an MMO, your character is competing with thousands of others like him, and without a clear way to "win" at the game, something is needed to differenciate everyone, and to give those who put more into the game a way to stand out from the rest. Hence - the grind. It still involves a certain degree of skill, but more important is dedication and patience, and obviously time. Sure, it's not for everybody, but few games set out to be.

Consider the alternative though - if only a casual commitment were required to reach the highest level or obtain the best skills/loot/whatever, then pretty much everyone would be identical, and that would make for an incredibly boring and monotonous MMO (anyone who's played WoW for long enough has had a glimpse of this already ;)).

Just out of curiosity how many "WOW players" do you regularly speak with? Just because you know Joe Smith from school who doesn't know how to interact with humanity because he's too busy talking about his latest purple loots doesn't mean he or she represents 8 million people.

Did you read my post? The person you just made up is who I was talking about. Ofcourse I'm talking about addicted players or atleast semi addicted players who got to max level in under a month or two.

I'M TALKING ABOUT ADDICTED PLAYERS NOT YOUR CASUAL GAMER. I THOUGHT THE CAPS WOULD BE GOOD TO GET THAT ACROSS BEFORE ANYONE HAD A KNEE JERK REACTION.

How could you possibly miss that?

Consider the alternative though - if only a casual commitment were required to reach the highest level or obtain the best skills/loot/whatever, then pretty much everyone would be identical, and that would make for an incredibly boring and monotonous MMO (anyone who's played WoW for long enough has had a glimpse of this already ;)).

Yes grind is a part of all or at least most MMOs and I can't speak much for WOW having only messed around with a few trial accounts. As long as theirs something other than grinding to do and being able to do that with other people competitively or working together I usually won't mind playing it.

WOW for me at least has been way too over hyped. Even the casual users I know freak over it when given the opportunity to try and drag me into playing. Still the first time I sat down and played I thought "Wow, this is the same as all those other MMOs I played in the past. Just with really small people, err things, OH GOD WTF IS THAT." Damn Warcraft being so mainstream.

And hey I'll bag someone for saying "I made it to level blah" outside of said game.

Oh yeah, people who talk about what they like should be kicked in the nuts. Bastards, how dare they? I'm so gonna KO the next person I hear talking about cars or football. I thought we passed the whole 'people talking about games are all Nerdy McHorrible Nerd' stigma?

).
Yes grind is a part of all or at least most MMOs and I can't speak much for WOW having only messed around with a few trial accounts.

In that case, just shut up OK?

I started playing wow again because many of my friends started playing and it has been a lot of fun. And I'm still going to play it for a long time, why, because there's no other multiplayer game out that I want to play. Fast pased games have dying scene around them or only the old pro's. So until TF2, ET:QW or Unreal Tournament 3 comes I'm gonna continue playing WoW.

And no to the banning feature. If you can't controll how much you play you can always buy a good old 9mm and shoot yourself in the face :>

Are you fu#@in serious? He has ever right to judge them and offend them. These people are the people that ruin the image of every other person that plays games casually and has a life outside of there computer room. Like it or not we are all labelled in society with sterotypes and these people aren't helping us out. Plus they tax society with there health problems and etc. from being lazy lard asses. Does anyone here not recognize the connection between rising obesity and health problems with inactivity? Numerous studies have been done proving this but gaming dorks just refuse these facts and it really pisses me off. I believe that people should be able to do what they please but when it gets that extreme there should be a limit. It's in there best interest anyway.

No, are you ****ing serious? The amount of ignorace you display and the huge amount of bullshit your spewing out makes wanna slit my wrists. You are judging a game I doubt you have ever played - along with the players -, and its people like you who get the video game cummunity a bad name. Most WoW players, even raiders have lives, and its a small minority that don't. I get along wiht my studies fine, my friends happy, my girlfriend is happy. The fact is you believe WoW players ahve no life, spread this around the cummunity and we get a bad name. The fact is your an ignorant twat.

As I begin to calm down I wonder why I'm doing this. I said it before, people seem to think dissing WoW makes them look cool. But it just makes them look like dickweeds. If you don't enjoy the game, leave us who do alone you assholes.

No, are you ****ing serious? The amount of ignorace you display and the huge amount of bullshit your spewing out makes wanna slit my wrists. QUOTE]

Then do it. One less piece of shit I would have to worry about. And how am I ignorant if I personally know many people that are totally addicted to the stupid game? I just call it like I see it. Sure there may be many people that play it moderately but there is a HUGE number of people that play it all the time and have no lives. You can't just ignore the extremists. I also know this because the same dorks are on when my brother plays. They're always on just like him. And yes I have played the game sadly. After about a half-hour I felt like smashing my head into my desk. I never felt so bad about wasting half an hour of my life. I don't bash WoW to "be cool" like you say either. I just think it's a terrible game and a terrible waste of life.

Yes, we are so labled in society as nerd and geeks, but damn if that makes ANY difference outside of middle school.

Back