Xbox 2 coming THIS YEAR

i want to see the XBox 2 power, but i dont think i will buy it
i will stick with my PC

Yay! Burnout 3 has kept me nibbling at it since Christmas.

Brilliant game, can't wait to see it on next gen.

Unless its something truely supreme, I will either wait for PS3 or stick to my PC. I know its packing next-gen ATI, and 3 processors (dual core? dunno) but PS3 may be better. And downright cooler.

Okay, I'm pretty sure that I won't get an Xbox.
I'll wait for Ninja Gaiden 2 and hopefully, an Otogi sequel.

But the PCs are expensive and then they get outdated really fast and then it costs more money to upgrade them and keep them up to date.
I think I might get an Xbox 2.
First, I would like some information on it, but searching on www.google.ca is really hard and annoying.

Unless its something truely supreme, I will either wait for PS3 or stick to my PC. I know its packing next-gen ATI, and 3 processors
Wasn't it 1 processor with 3 cores.

3 Processors? Does that necessarily make it fast? 3 is obviously better than one, but does that make the Xbox 2 a super console?
I heard that more RAM can actually slow your computer down.

It's the games that will decide which is a 'super console' :)

Let's wait and see what all next gen consoles have to offer (there's bound to be amazing games for all 3)

Going to have to sell my x800 xtpe soon - which seems to only be powering movies these days :/

2 gigs can slow it down.
I believe thats because it has to search more. It has to search a little to much more.(In other words therefor as ram gets faster then therefor 2gigs wont slow it down anymore).
Just a guess.

Once a console (maybe Xbox2 or ps3) comes out with a mouse and keyboard PC will be dead. (for me anyway)

Thats gonna be an expensive console, I think I'll wait for the price to drop or just stick to PC.

nicknitro said:
Once a console (maybe Xbox2 or ps3) comes out with a mouse and keyboard PC will be dead. (for me anyway)
PCs aren't just for gaming. The PC would still be used a lot more, just not for gaming. It'll be used for things such as business and etc....

Prince of China said:
PCs aren't just for gaming. The PC would still be used a lot more, just not for gaming. It'll be used for things such as business and etc....

i meant my pc would be dead when it comes to gaming... no more upgrading graphics cards or processors or any of that crap..

Any rumors on price? I have a feeling XBox2 and PS3 are going to cost me a liver or my kidney. :(

blahblahblah said:
Any rumors on price? I have a feeling XBox2 and PS3 are going to cost me a liver or my kidney. :(
:LOL:
I have that feeling too. Since I'm only a kid in high school, I guess I could take a paper route and save up. I new a guy who earned $200 per month.
I'm guessing that this will cost $450.
By the way, consoles are bad for projection televisions, will the Xbox 2 be more suitable for projection screen televisions?

I'm really interested in the different configuration options that are rumored to be available, specifically the Xbox 2 PC which can play PC and Xbox 2 games. It supposedly incorporates all of the features of the Xbox Homesystem as well, which was a concept Xbox + TVR+DVD burner meant to pretty much take over your home entertainment center.

Personally spending $500 dollars (or less) on this seems more practical than upwards of $4,000 on a state of the art computer.

After the Xbox I am done with consoles, don't plan to go to the Xbox 2...

Warbie said:
Going to have to sell my x800 xtpe soon - which seems to only be powering movies these days :/
Or you could just give it away to a poor, poor, soul in need. I'm suffering so with my 9800 Pro.

(I MADE A RHYME!)

On a more serious note, methinks you'll be glad you have it when Unreal 3, Age of Empires 3, and the like come around.

I will wait for PS3 but the problem is the price :(

I think xbox 2 will be the same price as the original xbox when it came out. Howevor console companies make their money selling games and not the hardware. So it would be possible to see it lower. I would think it will launch at $299 american but it is very hard to decide. It wouldnt be to crazy to see it at $399. (and that is just for a base system) There is rumors that the base system will not include a hard drive so expect to add another $50 atleast to whatever the base priced system is going to be. To be honest I havent been follwoing xbox 2 that much because im not as interested in consoles this generation as I was last generation.

I'm guessing $300.

That's generally the price of new consoles when they come out.

Doesn't PS3 use some "Cell" chip that is 4 processors-in-one sorta? I read that a while ago in a newspaper. I think I'll be going with PS3 when it eventually drops in price.

4 miniprocessors.

If a console eventually does everything a pc can, then can't it be considered a PC.
My point is that consoles will just become pc's in the long run. In the end its what they will be. Some company will add the features in for the net, browsers, hd everything of that sort. Other companies will follow and BOOM out comes a PC disguised as a Console.

So true. At the moment the only thing stopping consoles from being classed as PCs is the operating systems they run.

Put linux on an Xbox (with a usb kb&mouse) and you quickly realise you've got a PC.

http://www.xbox-linux.org/Xebian

The next Xbox will have a PC OS on it anyway with web/email/media functionality. I'm suprised Apple haven't tried taking a slice of microsofts console pie.

Minerel said:
4 miniprocessors.

If a console eventually does everything a pc can, then can't it be considered a PC.
My point is that consoles will just become pc's in the long run. In the end its what they will be. Some company will add the features in for the net, browsers, hd everything of that sort. Other companies will follow and BOOM out comes a PC disguised as a Console.

except for all the shitty upgrading.. so its like a PC only.. cheap(as in cheap/money)

I think apple is trying to stay out of the console battle currently. I think that there trying to go for something very oringal. A very oringal project that will make great strides.

except for all the shitty upgrading.. so its like a PC only.. cheap(as in cheap/money)
Just wait, someday consoles will be upgradable so the developers of games and easily show off new things x_X.
Trust me it will happen.
If it don't ill bitch slap them and make it happen.

Excellent. I can't wait to see what its capable of.

I was just playing Resident Evil 4 and I came upon a visually stunning area and I thought, "if it looks this good already, I wonder what it'll look like on the next gen consoles." :drooling:

I think I will be getting the Xbox next or whatever it is called, I don't want to be forcefed Japanese culture in my games, I ****ing hate Asian culture.

I hope that they really make an Otogi game on the Xbox 2.
This time, it won't be the sleeper hit.
I can't wait to see the destruction and graphics on the Xbox 2, it'll look really awesome.
Edit: Here's some info.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Xbox_2
No hard drive for the basic version, eh?
I'm not very good when it comes to hardware terms, does that mean you'll require a memory card?

Prince of China said:
I'm not very good when it comes to hardware terms, does that mean you'll require a memory card?

yup, they'll be using 'flash' memory, just like those little usb drives you can buy : )

Not a console fan. But seems interesting. Pc forever!

Back