Xbox 2 coming THIS YEAR

Kyo said:
Putting that aside lets say there are a few amazing console games. I simply buy a copy and fire it up on an emulator. Instantly saving $200-$300.

If only that were true.

Emulation can't even begin to match the experience these games offer on their natives hardware. For a start, most emulators suck (no decent XBox, PS2 or GC ones about) Many great console titles are also best experienced with friends (doesn't really work crowded around a monitor, using 3rd party pads) I guess if you want to play snes and old arcade games on your own, and have an adapter for a console pad of some kind, they are ok.

Gargantou said:
Warbie, from the STALKER SP previews I've read in recent magazines the game is gonna be great, alot of the elements they promised are ingame and the game is very survival based.

I hope so m8 :)

Gargantou said:
Is there a XB emu that plays more more than 1 commercial game out there? Tell me, PLEASE!:) Or a PS2 one? Or a GC one? Oh do tell me Kyo, sorry if I sound rude, just wondering..

Warbie, from the STALKER SP previews I've read in recent magazines the game is gonna be great, alot of the elements they promised are ingame and the game is very survival based.

X-box -
Cxbx
Xeon

Ps2 -
PCSX2
NeutrinoSX2
PS2emu

GameCube -
Dolphin
Dolwin
WhineCube
Gcube

Warbie said:
If only that were true.

Emulation can't even begin to match the experience these games offer on their natives hardware. For a start, most emulators suck (no decent XBox, PS2 or GC ones about) Many great console titles are also best experienced with friends (doesn't really work crowded around a monitor, using 3rd party pads) I guess if you want to play snes and old arcade games on your own, and have an adapter for a console pad of some kind, they are ok.

You don't seem to understand. I run my emulator on a machine conected to my entertainment system in the lounge room. It's more than possible to have four people playing at once. Sure I'm forced to use a pad that fits better in my hand than any other console pad I've held, but thats not really a problem at all.

Warbie said:
And they're all shite ;)
The emulators are fine. It's the plugins you use.

Kyo said:
You don't seem to understand. I run my emulator on a machine conected to my entertainment system in the lounge room. It's more than possible to have four people playing at once. Sure I'm forced to use a pad that fits better in my hand than any other console pad I've held, but thats not really a problem at all.

I realise this (having used emulators for years)

Playing on an emulator - with tv out - just isn't the same, or as user friendly.

It's hard to set up 4 decent joypads. Many games don't work properly, or at all. Lots of titles are designed to be played with a specific pad (trying playing Golden Eye or Mario 4 on anything other than an N64 pad)

All in all, it just sucks in comparison.

Warbie said:
I realise this (having used emulators for years)

Playing on an emulator - with tv out - just isn't the same, or as user friendly.

It's hard to set up 4 decent joypads. Many games don't work properly, or at all. Lots of titles are designed to be played with a specific pad (trying playing Golden Eye or Mario 4 on anything other than an N64 pad)

All in all, it just sucks in comparison.

I respect your opinion. However I find it no different than using an actual console. My friends and I can enjoy a good game of Halo or any other game out there and I don't need to own on of those hideous boxes.

Kyo said:
I respect your opinion. However I find it no different than using an actual console. My friends and I can enjoy a good game of Halo or any other game out there and I don't need to own on of those hideous boxes.
Lol, there are -no- XBOX/PS2/GC simulators that can run more than like 2-3 commercial games :)
Believe me I've looked, and also, it feels nicer having the actual console rather than an emu, plus you can make cash of it years later, I managed to sell my NES+Original Super Mario+Duck Hunt for a nice price.:)

Gargantou said:
Lol, there are -no- XBOX/PS2/GC simulators that can run more than like 2-3 commercial games :)
Believe me I've looked, and also, it feels nicer having the actual console rather than an emu, plus you can make cash of it years later, I managed to sell my NES+Original Super Mario+Duck Hunt for a nice price.:)

Then you didn't look very hard. I can run a huge number of comercial game on any of the above mentioned emulators.

Why a smiley next to there being no perfect emulator? All the communities I'm apart of are trying to make these for people who don't want to own a console.

Oh well, up to opinion I guess, for me nothing beats having the original console, I just feel really cheap if I have a emu :) But then again I'm sorta of a collector, buy as many old-gen consoles if I get the chance, need to get a SNES, bleh.
Oh well, each man to his own, for me the original console will always own some lame emu.

Kyo said:
The large majority of ignorant users are wowed by anything.

Whats up with that?? Thats a pretty low comment.

That sounds like the comment of someone who doesn't have a console and hasn't used one in over 6-7 years. Look at my sig...I have a PC that can run anything...anything...guess what...my GameCube is better. For the single player experience anyway. I played Metroid Prime 2 longer than HL2 and enjoyed it much more. I guess thats personal preference but nevertheless. The GameCube alone has more quality titles than PC developers have released in the same lifetime. Book it. Look at overall reviews for games released on consoles..compare them to PC games. The PC will have 3-4 games tops that approach excellent levels (95-98%)...combine the consoles and it's not even close....hell, the Gamecube alone tends to have at least as many in the same year. I view myself as a rather open gamer....I play and have all the consoles and a great PC and I play all types of games....I still get more use out of my consoles. So you can do more a PC....consoles are pure gaming machines.....period. Buy a cheap PC for the internet and whatever, and a GC and it won't even approach the price necessary to play HL2 "as it should be played" for 14 hours....the multiplayer sucks too. We have UT 2004 for that and you can at least run that on a below average machine.

So keep calling folks ignorant for playing console games. You ARE the one missing out on so many great experiences it's not even funny....it's kinda sad.

Kyo said:
All the communities I'm apart of are trying to make these for people who don't want to own a console.

Correction...don't want to purchase. Yeah....I don't have any sympathy for any of you and hope you all fail miserably. Funny though....you've probobly all dropped well over $1000 to build your machines to play PC games that are probobly worse than the games you've passed up on the consoles.

True acctually, owning a emu+bios is -imo- no better than stealing a console, sure you don't acctually steal something and yes I know emus aren't illegal to be distributed(But emus CONTAINING bios are :)) but it still in a extremely small nano scale damages the company and also you get something that costs for free, thus it being stealing :)

Gargantou said:
True acctually, owning a emu+bios is -imo- no better than stealing a console, sure you don't acctually steal something and yes I know emus aren't illegal to be distributed(But emus CONTAINING bios are :)) but it still in a extremely small nano scale damages the company and also you get something that costs for free, thus it being stealing :)

Resorting to playing some of the best game ever made on an emulator is punishement enough :)

why all the PC fanboys think that consoles are just button smashing and explosions?
they dont know nothing
are consoles games that hav more variety that many PC games

like metal gear solid games,Resident evil games and many games whit a similiar style like silent hill and parasite eve,RPG's like the final fantasy games and many more titles that are just more that button smashing and explosions

that just prove that the PC fanboys are the ignorants

True... Some console games are just button smashers, but Racing games are best played on consoles, and (most) do take lots of skill to master. Consoles are also great for playing on with mates... I mean, you can't have your mates round and all crowd round a PC and play multiplayers, where as with a console you're in your living room chilling on the comfy sofa/chairs with a huge-ass widescreen TV infront, and everones in the game.

You can't just dismiss consoles unless you're a tubby ignorant geek with no mates.

Pc games might not get as many high quality titles, but thats where mods come in. Mods add high quality titles. It's like Morrowind. Morrowind without Plugins = Er..fun for 2 weeks. With Plugins = Fun for a lifetime.

And how about the fact that Sc and HL arn't even a year apart and they are both great games.
Rome: TW and DOTA are 2 years apart?
UT2004
Max Payne 2
etc..
NWN
Warzone 2100 was around Sc's Time
RON
Farcry
Etc..
There are plenty of high quality games that come out for the PC.
I don't see an argument in that.

Look we all have opinons, lets just drop this. I already know that no one's opinon will change in this discussion so why argue about it? If you are bored then....well why arn't you playing your console? Or your PC? Are they to boring?
So lets just stop bitching about stupid shit that wont change anyones opinon and has no matter and go your seperate ways or whatever way you want to go for a game.
As a I once said,
"Why are we always aruging, lets just kill eachother already"

*Stabs Minerel in the throat with a fork*Your wish my command!*Laughs like a maniac*

Minerel said:
Pc games might not get as many high quality titles, but thats where mods come in. Mods add high quality titles. It's like Morrowind. Morrowind without Plugins = Er..fun for 2 weeks. With Plugins = Fun for a lifetime.

And how about the fact that Sc and HL arn't even a year apart and they are both great games.
Rome: TW and DOTA are 2 years apart?
UT2004
Max Payne 2
etc..
NWN
Warzone 2100 was around Sc's Time
RON
Farcry
Etc..
There are plenty of high quality games that come out for the PC.
I don't see an argument in that.

Look we all have opinons, lets just drop this. I already know that no one's opinon will change in this discussion so why argue about it? If you are bored then....well why arn't you playing your console? Or your PC? Are they to boring?
So lets just stop bitching about stupid shit that wont change anyones opinon and has no matter and go your seperate ways or whatever way you want to go for a game.
As a I once said,
"Why are we always aruging, lets just kill eachother already"

I know that are good games on PC,what I am trying to say is that the PC fanboys that say that consoles games are games whiout sense and variety are the ignorants

Quite frankly, it's not a matter of opinion....consoles are great. It's only assclowns that call people ignorant that play console games.

If you're a gamer, you can't possibly play the PC and say the consoles suck and vice versa. Gamers play great games and there's far too many greats on both the PC and all of the consoles. This is no argument...no opinion...it's a fact. There are far too many games that resemble each other on both mediums for anyone to say either sucks. It's ridiculous to make such statements.....just people just trying to get a rise out of someone else. Which I have no problem with until someone starts calling people names like ignorant. Complete ass. Leave that shit on the playground Kyo.

I dont think consoles suck, I own some. I just think if you compare the actuall hardware itself console and pc, then the pc is better I find this to be fact not opinion.

But I wont lie I do have some hatred to the console world due to consoles creators buying out rights to games and bs. This is the reason millions of people who dont have the money to buy all systems and a pc miss out on alot of great games.ALso why more quality games go to consoles. The game creators themselvs would also make better profits, because more people would have access to the game.

instead of argueing over which system is the best and blah blah blah. We should all boycott all systems and games, until they release every game for every system console, and the pc.

Smack500 said:
I know alot of you with rich parents dont relize alot of people cant afford all 3 systems and a high preformance pc but its the truth.

Thanks...I work for my money and that still doesn't excuse someone on this board from calling another person ignorant..nor does it mean that any system sucks....not saying that's what you're saying.

Sucks that some people can't afford it, but that doesn't mean a person has to knock it....if that is in fact their reasoning. Some people take this stuff way too far as if they have some personal stock in it. Calling names is unacceptable and lunacy. Nobodies arguing here...consoles are great..as is the PC. Not an opinion. Fact.

I agree with you drebin, console gaming can be just as great as pc gaming. Depending on the game ofcourse. I also agree with you about people taking this to far, but I am not one of those people. I dont think I called anyone names on this thread.

My hatred does not lie with consoles, games on consoles. or console gamers. I just cant stand the way console creaters do business, and the way handle themselvs.

Smack500 said:
I agree with you drebin, console gaming can be just as great as pc gaming. Depending on the game ofcourse. I also agree with you about people taking this to far, but I am not one of those people. I dont think I called anyone names on this thread.

My hatred does not lie with consoles, games on consoles. or console gamers. I just cant stand the way console creaters do business, and the way handle themselvs.

The name-caller was some loser that posted a little earlier...I wasn't talking bout you..srry bout that.

The console industry is rough and spurred by the next best move...as are most industries.

If I had to pick the best console creator, in terms of how they handle themselves business-wise, it would be Nintendo. They are the most in touch with gamers IMO. IMO, Sony is bad for the industry...they whore their game system and their developer kits. I've never seen an abundance of bad games on one system. They do have a few great games, but their library is flooded with a lot of dead weight. I hope to god Microsoft doesn't approach that status....they seem to be approaching it like Nintendo however...buying up small developers, giving them room and money to operate and then cutting them loose. Picking up Rare was genius for them.

Lt. Drebin said:
The name-caller was some loser that posted a little earlier...I wasn't talking bout you..srry bout that.

The console industry is rough and spurred by the next best move...as are most industries.

If I had to pick the best console creator, in terms of how they handle themselves business-wise, it would be Nintendo. They are the most in touch with gamers IMO. IMO, Sony is bad for the industry...they whore their game system and their developer kits. I've never seen an abundance of bad games on one system. They do have a few great games, but their library is flooded with a lot of dead weight. I hope to god Microsoft doesn't approach that status....they seem to be approaching it like Nintendo however...buying up small developers, giving them room and money to operate and then cutting them loose. Picking up Rare was genius for them.

I know it is your opinion, but I think Nintendo is effing insane and don't really know what true gamers want. They need to drop the kiddy shit now and start getting into online games. That stuff was fun when I was 8 but it seems like there games are suffering because they have to make all there games like an episode of Rugrats on LSD.

but if a company truely was in touch with and knew what the games wanted/needed they wouldnt buy up up gaming rights and companys. you should not have to spend 2g to be able to play any game when they come out. (1g for a high preformance pc,$300 per console when they were released)

WHens the last time pc bought the rights to a game or bought out a gaming company?

Foxtrot said:
I know it is your opinion, but I think Nintendo is effing insane and don't really know what true gamers want. They need to drop the kiddy shit now and start getting into online games. That stuff was fun when I was 8 but it seems like there games are suffering because they have to make all there games like an episode of Rugrats on LSD.

Nintendo's next console is supposed to be heavily focused on online gaming.

Foxtrot said:

The last thing I want is for Nintendo to start spewing out online games (there's more than enough shit about). I want them to keep doing what they are now - making innovative and creative games that appeal to gamers of all ages and concentrate on either single player, or 4 players in the same room. It's all about gameplay - and they still rule the roost here.

Their games entertain, engage, and delight on more levels than the vast majority of the best pc games out there (imo of course) Untill very recently (Rome, WoW and HL2) the pc games market was incredibly dull, and had been stagnant for what seemed like years - unimaginative rehash after shallow rehash. Things seem to be improving a little now, I just hope it keeps up.

(when titles like Max Payne and COD get serious praise you know there's a substantial lack of quality floating around)

Warbie said:
The last thing I want is for Nintendo to start spewing out online games (there's more than enough shit about). I want them to keep doing what they are now - making innovative and creative games that appeal to gamers of all ages and concentrate on either single player, or 4 players in the same room. It's all about gameplay - and they still rule the roost here.

So does it upset you that Nintendo thinks that online is the future of console gaming? I'd think online in the hands of Nintendo could be quite interesting. :)

Warbie said:
(when titles like Max Payne and COD get serious praise you know there's a substantial lack of quality floating around)

So wait, Max Payne and COD are bad games now? Maybe not in terms of innovation (even though Max Payne's real-time slow down was unique in video games at the time of release, and is now being copied by games like Doom 3, Burnout, and even COD itself), but surely they still deserve praise for being damned fun? Innovation and creativity alone do not make good games, after all.

KagePrototype said:
So does it upset you that Nintendo thinks that online is the future of console gaming? I'd think online in the hands of Nintendo could be quite interesting. :)
When Nintendo goes online, there will be much rejoicing. A game with the fun-factor of SSBM online would be pure ecstacy. HOWEVER, online should never replace a good singleplayer game (which I believe is always better, though many don't agree) and, like Warbie said, a good social 4-in-a-room experience. This is, after all, what made Halo so popular.

If they can just ADVERTISE IT, use GOOD MARKETING STRATEGIES, and not make MARIO ALL-STAR BASKETBALL, we would be in for a fun and interesting ride.

So wait, Max Payne and COD are bad games now? Maybe not in terms of innovation (even though Max Payne's real-time slow down was unique in video games at the time of release, and is now being copied by games like Doom 3, Burnout, and even COD itself), but surely they still deserve praise for being damned fun?
I agree, Max Payne is stunning. Sure, it's not that innovative necessarily (though remember, you're right, bullettime was actually fresh back then), but it makes you feel like you're starring in an action movie. It's a shooter with non-stop good action and an excellent story.

Max Payne is an example of exactly the kind of game that SHOULD get praise, Warbie.

KagePrototype said:

They don't (at least not in the short term)

While they are certainly going online, they continue to state how it's not their main focus - which im very glad about :) Don't get me wrong, I shall enjoy playing their games online - if anything they should inject some much needed new ideas and gameplay heavy titles.

(take a look at the DS. Best piece of kit i've had the pleasure of playing with for ages. It sums up everything that is great about Nintendo, and shows their intentions perfectly)

Narcolepsy said:
Max Payne is an example of exactly the kind of game that SHOULD get praise, Warbie.

Each to their own :)

It was never more than an 'album filler' for me. I can appreciate the game is enjoyable, which is fine. But miles away from the 'great games' that were being released around the same time.

(of course, this is all subjective)

do guys reember when all PS2 where sold out..das waren zeiten
:sniper:

btw the first pic of the PS3

lePobz said:
So, erm... back on topic...

Xbox 2 coming this year!

Yay \o/

Did I mention Perfect Dark Zero? :) Probably did.

Anyways - Perfect Dark Zero! :cheers:

Anyways, did I mention that I really hope that an Otogi game makes it to the Xbox 2 without the annoying Magic draining?
I don't believe I did mention it.
Oh yeah, I forgot to mention, I really hope an Otogi game makes it to the Xbox 2. I believe that is all.
Edit: Is the Xbox 2 the actual name for this new console?
I've also heard alternatives such as: Xenon, Xbox Next, NextBox.

There's a couple of names floating around at the mo, guess we'll have to wait for the unveiling to see what it's gonna be called.

So far the likely candidates are: -

1) Xbox Next
2) Xenon
3) Ybox

Back