Your ambitions and jobs?

Reaction score
Just thought I'd poke my nose in really and ask what everyones job is and/or what your ambitions are for the future?

Personally, I'm at college and hoping to work in the games industry when I'm older, maybe as an environmental artist.

Other than that, I'd like to explore the world a bit more, in places that aren't the typical visiting tradition, but more original like Antarctica (ooo polar bears). But I do want to travel back to Las Vegas one day, with my mates this time.

I want to move to Alaska because I hear they pay you for living there. But if not alaska, I'll move to Britain. Because they need it.

Actor/Director
Firefighter
Great Father
Great Husband

Would love to travel to Europe, especially Switzerland & Italy

REALLY want to get into the gaming industry - but currently don't have the funds to get into the university who has a bachelors in video game development. But i'm going to school for computing & networking, so after that maybe i'll get into game development.

According to a tea leaf reader, my job will involve me travelling and i'll be doing something with computers...so that's cool :D

I take it these are all ambitions ;)

REALLY want to get into the gaming industry - but currently don't have the funds to get into the university who has a bachelors in video game development. But i'm going to school for computing & networking, so after that maybe i'll get into game development.

According to a tea leaf reader, my job will involve me travelling and i'll be doing something with computers...so that's cool :D

What job will take you traveling and using computers?

this time next year I hope,I will be working in L.A County jail,and after that I would like to become a Deputy Sherriff.

Right now I've got a job at my father's company and it's nice and should last me a good amount of time. When I'm out of school I want to try and find some commercial applications for my pixel art. I guess I'll see from there if I really want to get serious with it or not.

I'd like to be an author and perhaps freelance journalist. Screenwriting too would be nice. If I ever get good at an instrument, I'd also like to start a post-rock or freak/pop folk band.

Just thought I'd poke my nose in really and ask what everyones job is and/or what your ambitions are for the future?

Personally, I'm at college and hoping to work in the games industry when I'm older, maybe as an environmental artist.

Other than that, I'd like to explore the world a bit more, in places that aren't the typical visiting tradition, but more original like Antarctica (ooo polar bears). But I do want to travel back to Las Vegas one day, with my mates this time.
Polar bears in Antarctica. If it weren't because you sound "kind of smart" I'd be hesitant to believe you are just kidding.

I remember being younger, thinking i wanted to be a programming/game designer. That dream died somewhere in high school.

Besides, i hate sitting at desks for extended periods of time.

Polar bears in Antarctica. If it weren't because you sound "kind of smart" I'd be hesitant to believe you are just kidding.

Unfortunately, and I have to be honest here, I wasn't kidding. But thanks for pointing that out to me :eek:

In defense, you can see where I was coming from though? or not...

I'd like to be an author and perhaps freelance journalist. Screenwriting too would be nice. If I ever get good at an instrument, I'd also like to start a post-rock or freak/pop folk band.

Similar here.

I wanna get into something related to music.

Places I wanna visit? New York :D

i want to work in film but my ambition isn't to be some huge director. i want to make music videos and short films, and i also want to put on visual arts shows. like fuerzabruta and de la guarda, kind of dance things, hard to describe though. and yeah eventually it would be good to work on features, i'm on my way there too, i'm at the number one film production course in the uk and ireland, in the top three in europe apparantly.

the most importsnt thing to me though is women, and to eventually find someone i love and be with them.

I just graduated from RTC, Great Lakes friday. Navy bootcamp for those who don't know.

I'm going into the nuclear field, plan on being in for at least 12 years, probably 20 so I can get retirement. Then I'll get a job at a civilian plant.

Thats the short version.

i havent even decided what im going to have for breakfast yet!

I study game development with focus on game design, so my "dream" is to get a job in the industry. I'm working together with a few class mates on a game and we're thinking about moving forward with our small team after the game is done (based on the Source engine so stay tuned!). Many students are already working with their own companies, such as Lockpick Entertainment (www.lockpick.se) or Colomssai Studios AB (www.colossai.com) so we're thinking about starting our own company. We got a "Business Incubator" right next to the Uni which are very interested in us game devs, so it wouldn't be a big problem getting started.

If that doesn't work out, I guess I'll be working at DICE/Starbreeze/Massive/GRIN like everyone else who graduate from here :)

Not sure yet, something politica or journalistic maybe =)

Well im currently studying my A-Levels and I have got conditional offers from a few good uni's to do computer engineering, so i guess ill see where that takes me. I also plan on joining the TA when im older and settled into society, nothing like having the training to fire a weapon, never know when it will come in handy xD

But my ultimate dreams? To make a difference in the world and to be remembered for doing something for the good of people, to live my life to its fullest and to serve a distinct purpose. I swear I will make a lap around the circumfrence of the earth if I meet a girl with the same personality and traits as Alyx (yup, very sad, but its the personality that I adore, not the NPC, so in my terms thats ok xD) and to do what has to be done with her ^^

You wanted ambitions, Ive given you the lot mateys!

I swear I will make a lap around the circumfrence of the earth if I meet a girl with the same personality and traits as Alyx (yup, very sad, but its the personality that I adore, not the NPC, so in my terms thats ok xD) and to do what has to be done with her ^^

.........and I won't rest until I find someone with the same traits as Lara Croft

I LOL at videogame fantasies

Im currently taking the bachlors program in a university for computer animation. I'll be getting a job in the industry somewhere, preferably a smaller studio like Blur some something similar. After awhile I hope to just live the rest of my days as a freelance artist.

I'm about to graduate from high school this year, and then I'll go to university and study god knows what.

I'll have trouble deciding on what combination to major and minor in - I might even do a double major - out of philosophy, creative writing, game design, computer science, psychology, history, english, literature, etc.

I'm about to graduate from high school this year, and then I'll go to university and study god knows what.

I'll have trouble deciding on what combination to major and minor in - I might even do a double major - out of philosophy, creative writing, game design, computer science, psychology, history, english, literature, etc.

lol, thats pretty much every major and minor there is!

Unfortunately, and I have to be honest here, I wasn't kidding. But thanks for pointing that out to me :eek:

In defense, you can see where I was coming from though? or not...

I don't like it when people give me :eek: smily faces, they make me feel :( .

Well, to get good at an instrument you need to practice it. >.>

I personally was going to go for a Art (Music Trumpet Performance)/Science (Pharmacology) double at UWA, then see where I can go from there. Should leave my options fairly open.

Job? Recruitment consultant, starting January.

Ambition - I want to become one of the best in my field. And then I'd like to start up my own firm and grow it into a global business empire.

Game Industry (Computers, yay!)

OR

Army Frontline Infantry Officer.

I don't like it when people give me :eek: smily faces, they make me feel :( .

Don't cry. Just imagine me as a large muscular man, sitting in his chair, stout face and with a hardy attitude, and you'll soon loose your sad faces.

OT: It seems a lot of the users here want to get involved in the games industry. Not unusual, considering it is a game forum, but I can see why the games industry is such a competitive job to get into.

im trying to leave my future job prospects open as im not sure where i want to go, so im opting to study physics at degree level next year.

Back