Your favorite game developer?

Sedako

Chuck Steak
Reaction score
What would you say is your favorite game developer and why? Now, I'm sure many of you will say Valve, which is certainly valid. For me though, I would definitely go with Capcom. For as long as I've been gaming, Capcom has been there with it's challenging but always fun selection of games. Bionic Commando, the Megaman series, and Ghosts n' Goblins were some of my favorite games on the NES. On the SNES, we had the greatest fighting game ever conceived in Street Fighter 2, as well as the game I've probably replayed the most (Mega Man X2). Also, Breath of Fire has long been one of my favorite RPG series, but it's always been overshadowed by Square and the like. Resident Evil 2 remains my #1 survival/horror game, although Silent Hill 2 takes a close 2nd. Even today, Capcom continues to make great games, even though they are guilty of recycling a series more than any other developer. With the upcoming releases of Bionic Commando: Rearmed and Mega Man 9, it shows that they are quite in-tune with their fans, and I really respect them for that. Can't wait for RE5 and SF4!

Valve
Nintendo
Insomniac
Ubisoft
Crytek
Capcom
Sega
Konami
Square (Soft)

VALVe is definitely up there, other than that I'd have to say Epic, because their engines always seem incredibly optimised.
As for pure gameplay, I'd have to say that 'From Software' have ruined my childhood with the Armored Core series. I spent far too long on those amazing games. Also the usuals; Konami and Square.

Capcom - Resident Evil, etc.
Konami - Metal Gear Solid, etc.
VALVe - I don't know why I picked these guys, they suck 4 sho. :rolleyes:
Eidos - Deus Ex, Commandos, etc.

Valve, Epic, Relic are my three big favorites, then Nintendo-era Rare/Free Radical Design, Blizzard, and Firaxis are pretty cool.

Valve
Relic
Ubisoft
Gas Powerd Games (shame about space siege though)

Valve, Epic, Rockstar, Remedy, Monolith, Ubisoft,

Valve
Troika, buggy as their games were
I'll think up more later.

Don't have any alive fav dev, but my old ones were MicroProse and Strategic Simulations Inc, both from the golden age of gaming during the early to mid-90s.

We had one of these threads a couple of years ago. At that time I picked Capcom, but I'm not sure anymore. I don't really have a favorite as I seem to have favorite games from many publishers.

Bethesda is worth a mention.

Valve obviously. I enjoy quite a few Pandemic games too.

Valve
Bioware
Westwood (sigh)
Firaxis

Valve
Blizzard
Epic
Old Rare before Microsoft got them - though we will see if they can redeem themselves with Banjo 3
Dice
Black Sand studios - Project reality is great
Ubisoft
Nintendo
Konami
Sega - up until the Dreamcasts demise. They've not really done much good since.
Theres probably more but can't think of any at the moment.

Level-5
Enix (before Square got too in the mix)
LucasArts (back in the late 80s/early 90s)
Sierra (back in the _____ Quest days)
Nintendo
SCEA Studios (Worldwide)
Electronic Arts (back when they were a good and artistic developer of things like Legacy of the Ancients and The Bard's Tale)
Origin Systems (Again, back in the goold old Ultima days)

Blizzard
Pandemic
Infinity Ward
Monolith
Rockstar
DICE(even though they ****ed up the Battlefield series. :frown: )
VALVe(obligatory mention even though I don't absolutely love their games, they're made with love... so that's respectable.)

the only one that springs to mind that hasnt already been mentioned would be Papyrus.

Used to be Raven back in the days when Elite Force was new and they gave a shit about their fans, now it's Telltale games, those guys go the extra yard to make sure their paying customers are happy and come back for more.

Sedako, Bionic Commando isnt developed by Capcom, GRIN is behind those games.

Sedako, Bionic Commando isnt developed by Capcom, GRIN is behind those games.
But they did develop the Arcade and NES versions of Bionic Commando.

Anyway, the fact that they are releasing a Bionic Commando remake is still Capcom's decision, and they probably had a hand in it more than just publishing it.

I wish they would put the game on store shelves. I hate downloadable games.

Black Isle Studios
Obsidian Entertainment
Bioware
Sierra
Ion Storm
Looking Glass Studios
Troika Games
Arkane Studios
Interplay
Strategic Simulations, Inc.
Spiderweb Software

I'll just stop...

Nintendo. They be the daddy.

Old Rare and Capcom coming in joint second.

But they did develop the Arcade and NES versions of Bionic Commando.

Anyway, the fact that they are releasing a Bionic Commando remake is still Capcom's decision, and they probably had a hand in it more than just publishing it.

I wish they would put the game on store shelves. I hate downloadable games.

True, Didnt think about the old games.

We had a couple of people doing a lecture (or three actually) about the development of the new Bionic Commando games and by the sound of them, they got somewhat free hands with it. Being crazy followers of the original game had them on the right track from the beginning :) Sure Capcom got people watching over their back pretty much the whole time, but Capcom don't do much development on the titles.

Back