Your Half-Life 2 Desk-top!

rammstein

Reaction score
I thought it would be interesting to see your setups!
Here is my Desktop here!

I'm quite proud of it.... let me explain

First of all, I'm a year 12 student that lives in brisbane Australia... and this is in my bedroom

I have an awesome 17" LCD (Samsung 172x 12ms response time) $750Australian

some awesome Creative speakers

and a cool computer (which is falling apart I haven't really touched it up in a long time)

So what desk-top will you play on?

(oh also, the setup is weird like that because I used to have a CRT and the only place I could put it was in the corner...I haven't moved everything around yet)

Nice dude... one thing though I wouldn’t put the speakers so close to the LCD screen... unless they are magnetically shielded...

coZ said:
Nice dude... one thing though I wouldn’t put the speakers so close to the LCD screen... unless they are magnetically shielded...
Thats only a problem with CRT screens. TFT is not affected by it.

Meh can't be bothered to recharge the batteries for my Digital Camera =/

[Edit] Unless you really need me to take a pitcure of my computer

I got a screenshot of my desktop =/

It looks squashy because the file was too large to make it as big as it could be

Attachments

• mah desktop.JPG
    mah desktop.JPG
    93.9 KB · Views: 716
woot, i'm in bris too, and i'm in year 12 +)
i see your ti-83+, i have one myself.

what are the specs of your machine ? is it a server, or you simply like the extra large case ? ;D

Oh dear, that wiring is WOEFUl. WOEFUL, I tell you. Get it sorted it out, it's upsetting me just looking at it Rammstein.

Haha, I remember thinking... It's a half-life 2 forum, I don't think everyone yet alone many people have any idea when it comes to computer modding....

oh how was I wrong :p

yes... I shame on my ugly wiring... but it's not all my fault... that case is terrible, it is so hard to hide any wires due to its bad layout :(

I'd like to add... desktop space... not the virtual desktop on your computer... that's what I was after... but I guess if you don't have a camera it's ok (but don't use that as an excuse :p)

rammstein said:
I thought it would be interesting to see your setups!
Here is my Desktop here!

I'm quite proud of it.... let me explain

First of all, I'm a year 12 student that lives in brisbane Australia... and this is in my bedroom

I have an awesome 17" LCD (Samsung 172x 12ms response time) $750Australian

some awesome Creative speakers

and a cool computer (which is falling apart I haven't really touched it up in a long time)

So what desk-top will you play on?

(oh also, the setup is weird like that because I used to have a CRT and the only place I could put it was in the corner...I haven't moved everything around yet)

If you want it to "impress" me, maybe you should;
1. Get a high quality CRT instead, it's still the best for gaming.
2. Not that I have any big speakers myself but those aren't impressive. (Oh, and mine does own too for their small size ;)).
3. Having an actual corner to sit in doesn't really seem that good for gaming either.

Other then that, it's quite nice, yes. I like the shelves being so close to you. Great place for manuals (Like you ever read them), "switchy" CDs and DVDs and well... other usefull stuff like pen and paper and shit.

1. This LCD has no blurring that I have ever noticed in game...
therefore... as far as im concerned it's better than any CRT I have ever used.

2. They aren't crappy speakers :p there is a sub-woofer under the desk and I can assure you they are loud speakers. They are not cheap 2.1 look at me im silver speakers.

3. I've moved the setup around now, out of the corner

:) I keep all my manuals on the shelf... quite handy :)

heres mine i did yesterday:

Attachments

• screen.gif
    screen.gif
    51.7 KB · Views: 506
rammstein said:
Haha, I remember thinking... It's a half-life 2 forum, I don't think everyone yet alone many people have any idea when it comes to computer modding....

oh how was I wrong :p

yes... I shame on my ugly wiring... but it's not all my fault... that case is terrible, it is so hard to hide any wires due to its bad layout :(

I'd like to add... desktop space... not the virtual desktop on your computer... that's what I was after... but I guess if you don't have a camera it's ok (but don't use that as an excuse :p)

http://discuss.futuremark.com/forum...441170&page=0&view=collapsed&sb=5&o=0&fpart=1

so easy so great and dont forget to get extra long cables to sleeve it ;)

coZ said:

plz rar the desktop and post it here plz looks so awesome ^^

Dead-Inside said:
If you want it to "impress" me, maybe you should;
1. Get a high quality CRT instead, it's still the best for gaming.
2. Not that I have any big speakers myself but those aren't impressive. (Oh, and mine does own too for their small size ;)).
3. Having an actual corner to sit in doesn't really seem that good for gaming either.

Other then that, it's quite nice, yes. I like the shelves being so close to you. Great place for manuals (Like you ever read them), "switchy" CDs and DVDs and well... other usefull stuff like pen and paper and shit.

Size doesn't always matter in PC speakers... The Creative I-Trigue's blow away most 4.1/5.1 systems on the market.

You shouldn't flame people for posting what they've got.

Guys, it's not your desktop on the computer!! It's the desk your computer monitor (or both) sit on!

Read the thread your monkeys! ;)

eth8686 said:
Guys, it's not your desktop on the computer!! It's the desk your computer monitor (or both) sit on!

haha yeah i know i just seen afew post desktop pics so i did also... :bounce:

eth8686 said:

who care's
if he wanted have pc and deskop on screen he should titled the thread post you casemod + desktop etc.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v390/MiccyNarc/hl2desk.jpg

2 Dell monitors, 1 is a 15 inch displaying my HL2 countdown clock (from a flash), the other is a Dell 19 inch monitor, for general use.
Stuff on the desk consist of a Far Cry CD case, BF1942 CD case, candy wrappers, and other random crap I haven't bothered to throw away.

Computer is custom built, but I haven't modded it or anything.

Looking at the pic reminds me I ought to get a new case, new mouse, and new keyboard :p

heres my machine!
http://www.deviantart.com/deviation/2631113/
heh i love my rare hercules lcd....well rare in the USA they were going to start selling them here then pulled the plug. i work at a computer store when they sent a demo shipment....and i got one....and from there i had to match everything and it has been one of the best LCDs i ve seen for gaming...not even a sminch of ghosting or lag or anything with it :O :p :cheers: :imu:

I have that case for my work PC...I like what you've done with the blue neons. Nice.

Here's my downright quick and dirty desktop...

Attachments

• wallpaper.gif
    wallpaper.gif
    70 KB · Views: 404
alrite might aswell post mine - but i got some crappy Fujifilm A202 camera that is just about better than a webcam lol. i rezied these pics 35% of their original.

might not be the most heavily modded computer, but its ok considering my budget *being a student*

o yea i formatted the comp recently, so i have no special theme on my WinXP GUI

latest pic of the comp
computa.jpg

the desktop with flash
deskwithflash.jpg

The desktop under *most near* to realistic lighting conditions
reallighting.jpg

thats enough :naughty: - specs in the sig.

Mine's so pimp it's ridiculous, ill have to post some pics later.

Hey Rammstein, I have those same speakers. :O Creative, right? I like them a lot... especially the subwoofer they came with... :p

guys where did you get the hl2 countdown background???? really want it lol

Back