Your Ideas for a G-Man Expansion.

S

St. Vegas

It's like Half-Life 2 meets pokemon snap. You walk through various parts of City 17 killing head crabs with your briefcase and taking pictures of Gordon while he does cool stuff.

I don't know what to say, except: Pokemon snap, what the ****!!

You'd buy it. >=( VALVe already has you in their pocket.

That is one of the most interesting ideas I've ever heard, but I doubt you could sustain that for a whole expansion. It would work better as a minigame.

I don't think the G-Man needs to kill headcrabs... much less use his briefcase to do it.

But maybe taking pictures of potential subjects... that might be interesting.

I would not buy it, I don't think anyone can seriously suggest it is a good idea.

The killing headcrabs with teh breifcase would be cheesy and stupid. I do like running around, following people, and taking pictures though.

But don't you EVER mention Pokemon Snap again.

-Kato

i think they used this in a mary kate and ashley game once... minus the headcrabs....

St. Vegas said:
It's like Half-Life 2 meets pokemon snap. You walk through various parts of City 17 killing head crabs with your briefcase and taking pictures of Gordon while he does cool stuff.

...No.

G-man expansion. :| That's the 2nd dumbest thing I've ever heard. And in regards to the 1st dumbest thing, it would be pokemon.

I wasn't suggesting it seriously - no one need worry.

Still, its an idea.

I mean, lets assume you -could- play as G-Man. What would you do?

commit suicide in various ways to make the gman feel the most excruciating pain possible.

15357 said:
commit suicide in various ways to make the gman feel the most excruciating pain possible.
Agreed. He frustrates me mucho much

Haha, it could be like burnout! You get points the more gruesome his death.

And the more hilarious position he is in when dead, more points! Tadaa!

A G-Man game where you follow Gordon and make him feel as freaked out as possible
*Gordon wets pants* 200 points

*Gordon wets pants* 200 points

Nice.

I suggested a G-Man expansion a while back where you have to go around doing everything behind the scenes for the main characters all at the precise time... things that we aren't even sure were done on purpose.

i.e. open up the door for Shepherd then immediatly walk away and teleport to knock down the ladder near Gordon so he can't get out that way and screw up your whole plan. Maybe cause a few cave-ins in the Lambda reactor so he can't go down the wrong hallways... lock a few doors... maybe turn off the power in Power Up and disconnect everything in Blast Pit to buy yourself even more time. Maybe you have the ability to warp in Vorts and stuff to slow him down but you can't warp in too many or he will die. And say, for the Garg in power up, you bring in two soldiers to distract the Garg so Gordon can get by.

There are a lot of things in HL that either let Gordon live or force him down one linear path that we just take for granted... perhaps it is more calculated than we imagine.

right..

i dunno if that would work though, there would be too many instances of "Game Over. You let Gordon go through the wrong door"
or something..

Actually, I Loved the idea of pokemon snap. It wouldn't really work with HL... or anything not pokemon, really.

But trying to make everything happen in HL1 and 2? Sounds like fun!

How about: G-man, Gotta catch (and subsequently imprison and use) 'em all!

You go around imprisoning barney, alyx, shephard, kleiner, eli and anyone else you can think of. Then, you can manipulate them as Pai-Mei suggested. Perhaps you and another 'g-man' character can pit their collections of puppets against each other! (yes, yes, i know. pokemon is unmitigated crap).

Perhaps you and another 'g-man' character can pit their collections of puppets against each other! (yes, yes, i know. pokemon is unmitigated crap).

G-MAN: Go, Gordon Freeman, use your crowbar attack!
NIHILANTH: Go, Father Grigori, use your Light of Lights attack!

BTW, I am confidant enough in my maturity (and manhood) to say that I liked, indeed still see the appeal of, the original Pokemon games for Gameboy. Granted, it got a little out of control... to say the least... but it was certainly an awesome concept and a damn good set of games.

Only ever played Yellow and silver though.

I liked the second idea the best...I wanna see the G-man get the crap beaten out of him. That bastard. :D

Back