Your native language

native= swedish
second= english
third= learning spanish

Russian is my native.
English is my second, but my English is better than my Russian.

Gujarati
fluent in that, English, and processing Japanese now.

I'm Irish, therefore my native language is English. I can also speak a little French and even less Irish.

Native language Romanian, second language English. I also know a little French and German but not enough to have a coherent conversation with someone.

My native language is Swiss German/German, second language French, third language English. I also understand a little Italian, but i can not speak it.

Native languages Blackinese/English, second language bits of German, learning Filipino curtousy of a friend.

I'm Korean, fluent in Korean and English (estimated to be better than 98% of Koreans according to english proficiency tests), able to give simple instructions and make minor conversations in Japanese, able to read a bit of Chinese (although the grammar system is WTF?).

I rekon that most of my english skills come from gaming and books. I learned shakspearean englsih through the Theif series, and my general vocabulary range has improved dramatically thanks to Half Life 2, Starcraft, and various other games that I can't remember.

Although I'm sure that it's because of my love for reading that has contributed to my english the most.

when i came to us to learn english, 90% of it was from gaming i sware lol

Native language is English

I can speak

Bahasa (not as much nowadays though)
Arabic
French
Bit of Afrikaans

when i came to us to learn english, 90% of it was from gaming i sware lol

Don't worry. I believe it.

If I didn't get as heavily involved in gaming as I was and still failed school, I wouldn't be the same person I am today. Playing the text based mmorpg dragonrealms for eight years has been an incredible influence on my ability to manipulate the english language. Granted, I already knew the language. But it was because of this game that I avoided growing up to be one of those people who isn't very eloquent with their writing.

And it was thanks to Warcraft II that I became the fast typer I am today.

"glittering prizes" - the magic keyword that now allows me to type accurately at 100-110 words per minute.

Back