Your recent gaming purchases

• Thread starter Deleted member 56031
  • Start date
I bought Dead Island.
next week I'll be getting Lonesome Road and Old World Blues for Fallout:New Vegas

Remembered to pre-order The Ico & Shadow of the Colossus Collection for the PS3.

Edit: Okay, I feel terrible now but when I saw that the new Sengoku from Paradox was 20% off at the Steam Store I couldn't help myself and bought it even though I probably won't get around to playing it for like half a year.

This is so wonderful that I don't even want to open it!!!

1zejdlk.jpg

Are those the voice actors on the back? Pretty neat how they do that.

Are those the voice actors on the back? Pretty neat how they do that.
Neat how they include an absolutely AMAZING book with it too. A hardcover beautifully bound book featuring tons of details on spells, locations, story, enemies, weapons and armor and LOADS more. If this comes out over here (US) it is absolutely imperative that this book be included. I think we would all pay a little extra for it. And all the art in it is GORGEOUS!! (See below...)

f9ksq1.jpg

That does look beautiful. I just found out about this game today and it looks really cool. Glad its being localized.

Civ V is ****ing amazing. I have played two play throughs all ready and time flys by so fast when I play it. this is my new favorite RTS game

It is neither an RTS game nor is it amazing.
It is rather dull compared to 1-4.
The combat is superior however.

So is it just the PS3 version being localized?

Edit: Oh hey wrong thread what the heck.

So is it just the PS3 version being localized?

Edit: Oh hey wrong thread what the heck.
I think officially that is all we've heard so far, but since Level-5 scaled back their TGS showing a lot in favor of their own media event in October, we will likely get details on the English version of the DS game. I'll tell you right now that it will be a long job (that presumably they are already working on) though because there is a TON of spoken dialogue and that entire book is chock full of text and it has to be like 400 pages. Truly the most incredible manual I have ever gotten with a game, beating out even the amazing manuals of old like Baldur's Gate I and II, Icewind Dale, and a few other greats.

Here are some screenies:

2vacx1z.jpg

2lxe52x.jpg

Easily the best looking DS game imho. REALLY hope it makes it over here (US).

_-Total-War-Shogun-2-PC-_.jpg

dead-island-box-art-163x230.jpg

250px-Deus_Ex_Human_Revolution_box.jpg

8974d113df2d11229d8ecb3ceafbc7a7.jpg

Had to get something to pass the time to Rage, Battlefield 3 and Skyrim. So much for a social life. Hope it snows alot this xmas here in Devon like last year, so I have a logical excuse for being huddled away like Gollum in my room.

buy.com had Gears of War 3 for $40 and I also ordered Battlefield 3 recently and I found Fable 3 for $8 SCCHHWWWWING!

Mirror's Edge on Steam during the sale, played it twice previously on the 360 but I couldn't resist getting a PC copy for such a low price.

I have now sworn to myself though to try to limit myself to only buy one game for every two games in my backlog that I get through so that my backlog grows smaller instead of larger.

I am not sure I will be able to hold myself to that rule though.:p

Yeah, I'm replaying ME too (thanks to Garg :p) and I'm just realizing how there should be more games like it. The gameplay is truly original although it is based of something as simple as running and jumping around. On top of that the devs polished the idea and made it work very well. There's a very kinetic feel in the game. Why are so few studios brave enough to try something new like this?

Also, the graphics and the art style are perfect for the game. The colors and the city, ah. <3 And the music is just fantastic. Especially the main theme, whatever it's called.

Mirror's Edge on Steam during the sale, played it twice previously on the 360 but I couldn't resist getting a PC copy for such a low price.
Dang I had no idea. I really want to get Mirror's Edge but I was waiting for a sale... :(

Also, the graphics and the art style are perfect for the game. The colors and the city, ah. <3 And the music is just fantastic. Especially the main theme, whatever it's called.
If you mean the theme with vocals, it's Still Alive by a Swedish artist named Lisa Miskovsky.

Best theme music in a game of recent times me thinks.

Especially if you listen to the main menu version without the vocals. Serious chillout.

Yeah the song plays during the end "boss" of Mirror's Edge on iPhone (it's a 2D game. A lot better than you think). The version with the vocals. Was a damn awesome moment. :p

Wolfenstein on 360. I mildly enjoy it. The open world was totally not needed though.

Magica complete on Steam as well as Mirrors Edge, still haven't played it yet. seems fun and I'll give it a whirl on a rainy day one day

Ultima 5 + 6: awesome

24ax06b.png
Thank you for reminding me! Got this the other day (after getting Ultima 4 for free of course). 3 of the BEST RPGs ever made right there. IV and VI have been my favorites in the series for quite some time.

I haven't beaten a single Ultima title, the one I got the longest in was Ultima VII, then a game-breaking bug stopped me from continuing the main quest.:(

So remember when I resolved never to pre-order a game again?

Yeah turns out I have no follow through.

GAFYV.jpg

Two Worlds 2

Game is better than I expected, definitely the most diverse magic system in a game I have seen. Kind of similar to magica but much more complex.
Yeah, I really enjoyed it as well. Definitely took me by surprise and that magic system is very very cool.

acepilotf14_1317454375.jpg

Bought the Ico + SotC HD pack. Already had the others.

Yeah, I picked up the Team ICO HD Collection on it's release on Wednesday!

Only been playing SOTC so far though, 11/16 colossi done.

Great game.

Just bought RAGE: Anarchy Edition on Steam since it cost the same as the retail version over here.

Pre-loading the 20 GB now!

Is there anywhere you can preorder Skyrim for less than $55? Direct 2 Drive had it for $53, but it added tax and turned out to be $58 :|

Psychonaughts for Mac! Awesome game! Loads of fun. The Lungfishopolis level keeps crashing on me though. :( I imagine there will ba a patch soon.

Bought Battlefield 3 through Origin.

Just bought Rage through Steam.

[edit] Oh yeah and Dark Souls.

Is there anywhere you can preorder Skyrim for less than $55? Direct 2 Drive had it for $53, but it added tax and turned out to be $58 :|

yeah theres two possible cheaper methods. usually Toys R Us, Best Buy and or Target/Walmart have a buy two get one free promotion. today I saw on Walmarts website that if you pre-order two you'll get the 3rd for free.

and the second option is newegg pre-orders. they usually have them for around $47-50. Even Amazon usually has an incentive so shop around

also Gears of War 3 is amazingly fun. the multiplayer is much more balanced than Gears 2

Psychonaughts for Mac! Awesome game! Loads of fun. The Lungfishopolis level keeps crashing on me though. :( I imagine there will ba a patch soon.
Just got that too--brilliant addition!! Have not had a chance to play much though since I am trying to also get through Ico/SotC before Dark Souls comes out!! What a crazy couple of weeks!!

Just bought Fable 3 on Steam since it's 66% off along with the two quest packs. I enjoyed 2 so this should be alright too hopefully!

Back