Your Stance On Current Political Issues

Status
Not open for further replies.
This thread is just such a good thread idea.

Looking forward to this one!

I think that's all the [US] political issues covered all right.

Abortion: Don't care
Same-Sex Marriage: Don't care
This thread: ..............

This is my stance on all current and past political issues.

S8zhS.jpg

Communism: Kill it with Fire
Thread with questionable quality: Kill with fire
Same-sex marriage: Kill with fire
Abortion: Kill with fire (the fetus, I mean)
War: WAAAAAGH

Everything Else: Kill with various flame-based ordnance

And now for Ace

Abortion: Pro
Affirmative action: Against
ATM charges: Against
Biotechnology/Bioengineering: Pro
Birth control/education in schools: Pro
Campaign finance reform: Pro
Capital punishment: Pro (Only for murder.)
Cloning (Human/organs/therapeutic): Pro
Cosmetic Surgery: Pro
Corporal punishment in schools: Against
Cuba - that the US should end the embargo: Pro
Daycare (universal provision of): Against
Diet Pills Should be banned: Against
Drinking Age: 19
Drug testing (mandatory): Against
DUI convictions should include mandatory sentences: Pro
English as the official language: Against
Federal Funding of Faith-Based Organizations: Against against against against
Foreign Language Requirement in College: Against
Gambling: Pro
Gay marriage: Pro
Gay adoption of children: Pro
Genetic Engineering: Pro
Gun control: Pro
Health care/national health insurance: Pro
Immigration policy: Pro
Internet regulation/taxation/etc.: Against
War in Iraq: Against
Juveniles should be tried as adults: Relative
Marijuana/or other drugs legalized: Pro
Obesity Lawsuits: Against
Prayer in public schools: Against
Privatization of Prisons: Pro
Sex Education: Pro
Restricting Law Suits: Pro
Smoking in public places: Against
Megan's Law: Pro
Surveillance of Employees: Against
Terrorism Laws: Against
Tenure should be abolished: Pro(WITH the exception of the Judicial Branch)
Violence/sex on television: Pro
The War on Terror: It's good in theory but not in practice

ALRIGHT BOYS LET'S GO

And now for Ace

Abortion: Pro
Affirmative action: Against
ATM charges: Against
Biotechnology/Bioengineering: Pro
Birth control/education in schools: Pro
Campaign finance reform: Pro
Capital punishment: Pro (Only for murder.)
Cloning (Human/organs/therapeutic): Pro
Cosmetic Surgery: Pro
Corporal punishment in schools: Against
Cuba - that the US should end the embargo: Pro
Daycare (universal provision of): Against
Diet Pills Should be banned: Against
Drinking Age: 19
Drug testing (mandatory): Against
DUI convictions should include mandatory sentences: Pro
English as the official language: Against
Federal Funding of Faith-Based Organizations: Against against against against
Foreign Language Requirement in College: Against
Gambling: Pro
Gay adoption of children: Pro
Genetic Engineering: Pro
Gun control: Pro
Health care/national health insurance: Pro
Immigration policy: Pro
Internet regulation/taxation/etc.: Against
War in Iraq: Against
Juveniles should be tried as adults: Relative
Marijuana/or other drugs legalized: Pro
Obesity Lawsuits: Against
Prayer in public schools: Against
Privatization of Prisons: Pro
Sex Education: Pro
Restricting Law Suits: Pro
Smoking in public places: Against
Megan's Law: Pro
Surveillance of Employees: Against
Terrorism Laws: Against
Tenure should be abolished: Pro(WITH the exception of the Judicial Branch)
Violence/sex on television: Pro
The War on Terror: It's good in theory but not in practice

ALRIGHT BOYS LET'S GO

It was a challenge to choose an image that justly summed up how I felt about your opinions, but I think I found it.
87999.jpg

Gods forbid you try and put your thoughts into words rather than find an image macro.

Abortion: Pro (Safe, Legal and RARE. Fetus not fully human but is a developing human so it should get some consideration)
Gun rights: Pro
Gun Control: Pro (everyone one who owns a gun should know how to control it)
Universal Health Care: Against (I'm ok with a system for the Poorest group, prevention is worth it)
Allowing open gay people into the military: Pro
Unrestricted internet: yes (FCC can go to hell)
Genetically modified food: Pro
People United court case: Against. A corporations is not a person. Corporations were only set up to protect investors.
Legal Marijuana: Pro
America's military approach to foreign policy: Against
Involvement in Iraq: Hell No!
Involvement in Afghanistan: We had a reason, not sure it its still valid.
Involvement in Libya: Ethically justifiable, economically unjustifiable.
The rest of the world criticizing the US for securing its interests: Hypocritical (criticism is deserved, but don't pretend you don't do the same)

I've been pro gay marriage for a long time now. I don't know why. I don't even like the concept of marriage except that you get a neat tax benefit and you can share health insurance. Gay people probably should enjoy those things too.

Abortion is weird. I'm for it for early term stuff. I figure if you're to the point that it's blatantly obvious you're pregnant, you should have long ago decided whether or not it is feasible to continue on the course. Adoption is a fine course of action if you decide later on that your impending child would not live a proper life in your future care. There are tons of families out there willing to adopt a newborn.

The rest of the stuff isn't as wild to talk about... however I really think there needs to be some solutions to our current economic issues that are beyond the standard cut and tax. Every good business person knows that when your current model isn't working, you need to alter strategies and invest in the future. Instead of cutting the shit apart and then raising taxes and just sitting idle and hoping the debt counter drops - we should be investing in things like education, infrastructure, and technology. Education builds a strong future workforce of skilled labor -for- the use of high quality infrastructure -to- build and maintain high technology which will be immensely profitable in our country and around the world. All of this creates jobs both for the highly skilled and highly trained as well as your average Joe. So instead of waiting for a surplus that will be tossed down the drain by the next administration (a la 1999-2000), you turn that money into more money... so in 50 years we have a REAL surplus... not just a "net gain for the year."

Gay marriage should be one of the least controversial topics in politics when you think about it. Here we have an exceptionally rare reform, where not a single person loses out (in terms of higher taxes, more regulations, etc.), but rights are granted to a group of people who has previously been denied it. And yet THAT is a big political issue. Crazy world.

Gay marriage should be one of the least controversial topics in politics when you think about it. Here we have an exceptionally rare reform, where not a single person loses out (in terms of higher taxes, more regulations, etc.), but rights are granted to a group of people who has previously been denied it. And yet THAT is a big political issue. Crazy world.

you can blame religion for that

ya but big dumb jocks dont organise rallies that support hateful Propositions in California. or start family focus groups that accuse Hollywood of having an agenda

Marijuana legalization: FOR
Smoking Indoors: For
Abortion: Against
Gay Marriage: For
Gitmo: Close that shit
Patriot act: What the ****? Against
Hypocritical war on terror: Against

Marijuana legalization: for

oh yeah. i forgot i already posted. heh heh

agaisnt abortion but for smoking indoors? so instead of instant death you're more of a slow death by cancer kinda guy

Wait, what? What should be the official language of the US if not English?

Like Emp said, there is none. We have no official language in the US, there's no need for one really. It might make things easier, but the United States isn't its own culture, it's a meld of many different cultures all thrown together to make one united nation. Plus we don't like it because it was made by those limey brits.

VIVA LA ESPANA
REVOLUCION EN CALIFORNIA

I've been pro gay marriage for a long time now. I don't know why. I don't even like the concept of marriage except that you get a neat tax benefit and you can share health insurance. Gay people probably should enjoy those things too.

This is probably the only reason I disagree with gay marriage. The purpose of tax benefits for married couples is so that they can bear and raise children without too much of a burden. Gay couples, unfortunately, contribute 0 to population growth, and therefore shouldn't be subject to tax benefits. If anything, they should be subject to tax penalties for not contributing to the survival of the species like any other non-married individual.

Giving discounts to customers who improve your product's value or save you money: Pro

This is probably the only reason I disagree with gay marriage. The purpose of tax benefits for married couples is so that they can bear and raise children without too much of a burden. Gay couples, unfortunately, contribute 0 to population growth, and therefore shouldn't be subject to tax benefits. If anything, they should be subject to tax penalties for not contributing to the survival of the species like any other non-married individual.

Idunno, there are tons of people who aren't married who contribute to population growth. Should we give them a half-tax break?

I am against Current Political Issues.

On a more serious note though: Numbers, if that's true then if anything we should oppose all forms of marriage.

We need a decrease in total population, not an increase.

This in order to more easily reach a stable and sustainable society without drastically reducing our QOLs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back