Zero Punctuation

I never take Yahtzee at his word for any game. Because I've disagreed completely at times, including most of his points on GOW3.

I played through and beat the first game and it was boooooooooooooooooooooooooooring. Don't remember anything about the story whatsoever, meaning its got a pretty shit story. On that part I agree with him on 100%. Lots of games like it in that respect, and the fact that a "real author" wrote it means jack shit when he writes a lame story.

Oh yeah? Well your tank and soldier collection is boring, take that!

I played the first one singleplayer and it was pretty damn boring. Playing the second one co-op with my brother and it was actually pretty fun. Then again pretty much everything is fun when it's co-op.

The plot device at the end of 3 was pathetic, also expanded universe needs to be kept FAR away from a trilogy

Why's that? Half the shit in GOW3 probably goes over people's heads otherwise.

Ha, was that a Dexter reference in his Hard Reset one?

Won't bother linking to the new ZPs as you've already seen them if you give a shit, but this is interesting: http://www.escapistmagazine.com/art...tion/9276-Context-Challenge-and-Gratification

Yahtzee talks about the difficulty with scoring/classifying games and how traditional rating systems fail to reflect how people will enjoy them. Not a new topic by any means, but he states his case pretty well. I'd say there's room for a fourth axiom on his grading chart thingie though, something like "technical proficiency." As much as he might bemoan the way reviews focus more on how functional a game is on a technical level rather than how well-made it is on a creative level, it's still important to note that stuff. As it is, a critique about how hideous or buggy a game is wouldn't fit into any of his existing criteria. Still, it's a nice concept. I've always liked the idea that a reviewer's opinion ought not be reducible to a simple number, or a meaningless aggregate of their scores for each individual facet of the game - which are, themselves, often meaningless.

Yeah.

Back