Zero Punctuation

lalalala

still the best game ever

lalalala

Why couldn't it be for the DS instead?

Then I could emulate it with a DS emulator.

I've tried playing N64 games using Project64 but it feels so wrong to play them without a N64 controller.

lalalala

still the best game ever

lalalala
Really the whole review was just talking about how every Zelda since OoT has been based on OoT and how it was already all familiar and now he understands why TP was so badly received.

Rock Band and GH seems to be going downhill now. Last good game was Metallica.

Yes, indeed.Sadly, no more GH games in the future.The company making the GH games went out of buisness.

And i Hate the Rock Band games......except Rock Band:Beatles

Both games are ones that I am definitely intrigued by, but likely won't pick up until the holidays (if I have time between Battlefield 3, Deus Ex, X Rebirth, and Skyrim).

Both games are ones that I am definitely intrigued by, but likely won't pick up until the holidays (if I have time between Battlefield 3, Deus Ex, X Rebirth, and Skyrim).

I might pick up From Dust at launch. Sebastian can wait until the first sale.

Did you hear about what happened to Extra Credits? Apparently they have not been paid since they started and the Escapist claims that Extra Credits OWES them about 9,000 dollars. So EC is leaving the Escapist to find a new website to host their show. Until then they will post videos on their youtube channel or have links on their twitter and Facebook feeds.

Did you hear about what happened to Extra Credits? Apparently they have not been paid since they started and the Escapist claims that Extra Credits OWES them about 9,000 dollars. So EC is leaving the Escapist to find a new website to host their show. Until then they will post videos on their youtube channel or have links on their twitter and Facebook feeds.

what? thats awfull,this guys have the best show imo

As much as I hate EC I hate getting ripped off more and can sympathize. Especially from such a shit site like the escapist.

I dont know anything about the Escapist besides EC and ZP but I can see it being a crappy site who just happened to buyout two decent shows. But why the **** would EC have made more than a few shows for them without getting paid even once?

Escapist claims that they were going through tough times and EC said they were "okay" with not getting paid for a while, then demanded compensation out of the blue and got all lawyer-y. Whole thing sounds pretty fishy, and a bunch of other Escapist contributors have come out of the woodwork to say they haven't been paid either. You can see both sides of the story here (first in OP, second in top comment): http://www.reddit.com/r/truegaming/comments/je2f0/extra_credits_have_ended_their_contract_with_the/

The guy who posted from the Escapist doesn't sound like he was trying to screw anybody. He sounded sincere, and just like any other small business owner who is short on money trying to make everyone happy to the best of his ability. On the one hand, the EC guy said "don't worry about paying us" and then suddenly sprang a 20grand bill on the escapist requiring it immediately. On the otherhand, what kind of person thinks people are going to be okay with not getting paid for almost a year? On the otherhand, it sounds like the EC guy took donations under false pretenses.

Honestly, after reading the two statements, it kind of seems like it could be one of two things. That both people are decent folk with a whole cluster**** of confusion and misunderstandings, plus a douchebag lawyer being an arbiter between them and exacerbating things. Or that EC guy saw a chance for a powergrab and pulled the trigger. That the Escapist has now paid them all that they were owed and in a surprisingly short amount of time considering how small a company the Escapist is, and yet it wasn't fast enough for EC guy and his "business development manager" makes me lean towards the latter.

From what I heard the only person on the EC crew that gets paid is the artist, the other two do it just to do it. The second thing I heard was that the Escapist was demanding that the surplus donation money raised for the artist's surgery go back into the show, while the EC crew saw it as their choice to do with it as they saw fit since it was donated to them.

Sounds like "Escapist: Hey, that extra donation money should go to us to pay for expenses" and then "EC: If that is the case, then you should pay us back wages that we agreed to not collect to help the show"

I'd really like to hear more about that indie label James supposedly launched with the donation money. Had I given them any I'd be wondering what the ****.

I'd really like to hear more about that indie label James supposedly launched with the donation money. Had I given them any I'd be wondering what the ****.

Yeah, that is weird. Donate for cancer, get a games company. What.

I'm surprised how much he enjoyed it. Makes me wanna play the game now.

Definitely the funniest one from what I've seen. Fantastic

Gears of War 3.

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/videos/view/zero-punctuation/4763-Gears-of-War-3

Never played a GoW game and I don't feel like I'm missing out, but I found this review interesting because of how damning he is of the writing. Jerry Holkins of Penny Arcade, another 'quality writing in games is important' type, has previously gushed over how excellent it is, yet Yahtzee tears it to bits. Also it's a propah funney review this week... seems to have a little bit of an edge to it because the game or its hype has genuinely pissed him off.

Idunno, normally when something has hype, I hear people talking about it. No thread on hl2.net about it, and nobody I know in real life has mentioned it, nor have I overheard people talking about it while at game stores.

Personally I've found it hard to avoid - adverts all over Irish TV, Penny Arcade singing its praises, reviews in mainstream newspapers making a big deal of the authentic mature writing by a real writer with an actual name who done a genuine word-book release in the actual past, that kind of thing. Not that Yahtzee's reviews are the final word, but if he had been full of grudging praise I would have started to feel like maybe I was missing out, so it's good to hear that it's probably just another thick necked fridge-marine wankfest.

Back