$150,000 minecraft documentary

Krynn72

The Freeman
Reaction score
2 Player Productions, the world's finest purveyors of video game documentaries, are in a bind. Having filmed a short documentary on Minecraft, they now want to make a much longer one. But they need your help.
Making professional films isn't cheap or easy, and the team need money to get the project off the ground. How much? Well, $150,000 should cover it, so they've launched a Kickstarter campaign aimed at helping them get the cash together.

kotaku.com/5766740/this-slick-minecraft-documentary-needs-your-help

Why?

Edit: I can't figure out how to get the non mobile version of the link. Kotaku sucks.

That's just uhh... that's what Kotaku looks like now. Horrible, innit?

A documentary about Minecraft?

So it'd be an hour and a half about how a Swedish man slacks off?

Works for me! :p

But do they really think they'll make that much money by asking on the internet? I mean, 150k, that a lot of dough.

I like that they're having to ask for donations towards their documentary about a guy who came up with a simple but clever idea and made millions off it in a short period of time.

But do they really think they'll make that much money by asking on the internet? I mean, 150k, that a lot of dough.

Yeah. I doubt there are that many people who care about the story behind minecraft.

Yeah. I doubt there are that many people who care about the story behind minecraft.

What is there to know? A guy hadn't made minecraft before, then he did... grassroots word of mouth carried the game and he made an assload of money from a game that's innovation took it to heights most Indy games never see despite it visually appearing to be from 1994. Can I have $150,000 for that?

Edit: I can't figure out how to get the non mobile version of the link. Kotaku sucks.
ROFL this is by far the most amusing reaction I've seen to Kotaku's awful new design.

150k is frankly too much. It makes me doubt their intentions... 50k is a far more reasonable budget. Despite what Kotaku and that film company says, indie documentaries with professional quality production value are actually pretty straightforward and cheap to produce. 150k makes me suspicious... I'm guessing most of it will go towards setting up their company proper, rather than towards actually making the documentary about Minecraft which people are donating it for.

ROFL this is by far the most amusing reaction I've seen to Kotaku's awful new design.

WOW is that really a site design? It's not a horrible joke? It's like frames from 1996 except slower and somehow even worse.

Yep, it's real. They unveiled it a couple weeks ago. All of the Gawker media sites (Gawker, Kotaku, Lifehacker, Gizmodo, etc) are using this same retarded layout.

A documentary about Minecraft?

So it'd be an hour and a half about how a Swedish man slacks off?

The rate at which he delivers free content makes me so angry.

And apparently everyone is too cool to use the post I made in the minecraft forum, a stupid dog has to go and make a thread elsewhere.

Yep, it's real. They unveiled it a couple weeks ago. All of the Gawker media sites (Gawker, Kotaku, Lifehacker, Gizmodo, etc) are using this same retarded layout.

Gawker, that explains it. They might just be the most arrogant, idiotic group of jackasses to run an internet media company.

So, make a documentary about a guy who took all his ideas from other games and designed it into a single executable on a java platform.

Give me $50 and I'll do it in a day.

The rate at which he delivers free content makes me so angry.

Won't be long until he opens a cash shop where you can buy hats and pickaxes.

You heard it here first folks.

Won't be long until he opens a cash shop where you can buy hats and pickaxes.

You heard it here first folks.

A world in which a developer I like makes products that I personally don't like and then charges money for them? Please, no more nightmare scenarios.

150k is frankly too much. It makes me doubt their intentions... 50k is a far more reasonable budget. Despite what Kotaku and that film company says, indie documentaries with professional quality production value are actually pretty straightforward and cheap to produce. 150k makes me suspicious... I'm guessing most of it will go towards setting up their company proper, rather than towards actually making the documentary about Minecraft which people are donating it for.

Agreed. This is exactly the impression I got.

Although I did enjoy the vid :) I'm new to minecraft so anything like this is interesting at the moment.

Back