A Photo A Day Thread

4270131131_5899b56ae7_o.jpg

When I saw your name as the last poster in this thread I knew you'd post a car.

hey, I had a gorilla, a lake, and a dog on the last page! I have some people on my flickr too...but yea, mostly cars.

edit: for balance
3150385373_feb096edd8_o.jpg

LOL, what an asshole. You managed to get a nice shot of him anyway.

From a trip to Tallinn, Estonia:

dsc0273n.jpg

Beautiful City, went there two years ago; I'm amazed how much I still recognise!

Will post pics of moon I took for my GCSE Astronomy coursework when I get home ;)

Took these photos today.

pict2674.jpg

pict2667v.jpg

pict2673w.jpg

pict2670.jpg

edit - for some reason the pics arent showing up..

Been playing around with my new 10-22mm ulta-wide angle :) its nom nom nom

dctpw5.jpg

i4lgg7.jpg

2hn25jo.jpg

dscf0191a.jpg

I'm thinking....wtf is a horse doing at the bottom of my garden? In 20 years I've never seen a horse perving at me while I'm getting dressed in my bathroom.

is that a subway station?

I've been trying to take better pictures of eyes, and one today was weird because the camera seemed to focus on the reflection instead of the eye, hopefully it isn't too dark.

dsc0001l.jpg

I love the settings you choose to photograph, the lighting and color saturation on this one is fantastic.

Thank you. :)

is that a subway station?

I've been trying to take better pictures of eyes, and one today was weird because the camera seemed to focus on the reflection instead of the eye, hopefully it isn't too dark.

It's an underpass.

I like how the lens overlap with the pupil, makes it all... symbolic.

I'm actually in a digital photography class in college but I can't ever seem to think of what to take a pic of.

messing around with my diana.

03.jpg

11.jpg

06.jpg

still love digital, but i'm enjoying the risks and chance of analog a fair bit. not so much the price and developing, mind... but still.

Stormy those are great pictures, with the last one being beyond awesome!

I need to start taking pictures again, haven't done that for a while... :(

Had to make a Triptych for my photography class.

That's p cool, I like the first one as a stand-alone photo, the camera angle is interesting. The only things I'd advise is using "inside" stroke instead of the default, since they create sharp corners, and maybe a white background, since black is really strong and can distract the eye from the photos.

Nice scion; did you replace your fenders or have them painted in some way? I notice they kind of match your rear bumper.

constructive criticism: try taking the picture from the sunny-side of your car.

There primed fenders, as is the rear bumper. Just haven't had the time to dump it at a garage for paint for two weeks yet.

Did an entire shoot of the car at that spot, so I have several on the sunny side, but that was the best full body shot (because of the background.) If I shot the sunny side, the background would've been a huge parking lot full of pickups and minivans.

Heh, I did take one of the sunny side (must've been a first pic before everyone started showing up)-
217.jpg

Trying out my new Nikon D5000 in Sudan.

Still need to learn (aka trial and error) about my manual settings.

DSC_0053.jpg

DSC_0240-1.jpg

DSC_0217-1.jpg

DSC_0033.jpg

Nice photos and that's a lovely setting to test your camera in.

Thanks.

Its incredibly difficult to take photos in this country. If the police see you, they detain you in suspicion of you being a spy *rolls eyes*. If a local sees you, they wave, shoo and shout at you with anger.

You need a permit to take pictures in public, which is Sudanese code for ''pay us money to take some pictures, and we'll shout at you once youve got the permit anyway so you can pay us more money''.

The 2nd, 3rd and 4th pictures were taken north of Khartoum at the Sudanese Pyramids and some ruins to Ra the Egyptian God (off the beaten track, literally in the middle of nowhere and hardly anyone knows of it). Feels quite good to know only a very small amount of people from abroad (or even local Sudanese) have ever seen that place.

The 3rd photo was a deserted well we just happened to stumble across when we thought ''This sand track is boring, lets make our own route''.

The 1st was taken from our 4x4's window very quickly in the poorest area of Khartoum. Naturally, people shouted at us when they saw the camera in my hands.

Some pictures of the moon I took for an astronomy project a while back. The first is through a telescope (with someone else's camera that I borrowed); the second is of an eclipse through binoculars (with my crappy camera).

moon6y.jpg

moonpretty2.jpg

I'm on vacation this week, so I've been taking a lot of pictures in between constant applications of SPF 3000 sunblock.

Marina_by_ChemicalAlia.jpg

Beach_Bed_II_by_ChemicalAlia.jpg

Yeah Id be happy if I was stranded there.

Poor. But happy.

Are those touched up in Flickr or Photoshop per chance?

it says he was using a powershot, so the camera might have had some post-processing effects to make the image colors 'pop' a little more. Which might explain the flare on the panorama and the turquoise sky in the bottom on.

That does look like a sweet vacation though. I'm jealous.

Back