A rape witnessed, a rape ignored

I didn't say all Somalis were rapists. Yes, these are indeed isolated incidents, but they are still indicative of a rising problem. I could turn it around and call you a racist for stifling debate on the matter. Well, assume what you will about me, in your book, I'll just be another racist and I'm fine with that.

Why do I keep taking the bait?

Do you understand that this is a case of rape, nothing else? WTF is wrong with you? Rape happens in the white community, in the jewish community, in the black community, in the christian community, in the asian community and as you showed in the Somalian community. This is obvious, 1 in 3 women (all races) say they have been sexually assulted in their life time. It is nothing that is specific to a race, religion, or any other group of people.

But when you post an example and then try to use that example to say a group of people are prone to being rapists you are a racist douchebag. Any idiot can play this game, in fact plently of white people have using your same idiotic and racist tactics to persecute a group of people based on one person's actions. Ever heard of this guy?

http://judicial-inc.biz/MiscPics.htm

You are a racist, saying you don't care if we all think that doesn't help your case.

You called someone else racist too even though he didn't post anything racist. I'm still unmoved. It seems like there's something you need to understand: I don't use this to smear the Somali community, I'm pointing out some of their flaws, because they have theirs as we do ours. I'm not referring just to rape, if you can read between my lines, I'm really hinting at something much more important than just trying to smear a group of people; I'm criticizing their level of integration into Western society, so please don't start ranting about how we rape people, too, because it's just not about that alone.

Numbers from 2002 cite that a 39.7% of all rape in Denmark was performed by "immigrants". There are 8% "immigrants" in our country. That's a lot of rape for a minority of 8%. If you were right, the number would be opposite; since there are more native Danes than ethnic ones, the number should be lower, shouldn't it? 8% out of 5,468,120 million people...
Now, these are the ethnicities of Denmark today: Scandinavian, Inuit, Faroese, German, Turkish, Iranian, Somali. These numbers don't mention the latest generation of Arab immigrants, FYI, but I'm even willing to forfeit them. Here is an interesting article supporting not saying that the majority of immigrants are rapists - http://www.mariannejelved.dk/flx/dk...ofessor_bidrager_lystigt_til_etniske_fordomme
But this article mentions the same that I did.

The latest number regarding convictions for rape are from 2002 where there was an overall number of 63 convictions. 20 persons are immigrants and five are descendants.
This is a steep exaggeration of immigrants/descendants. It is a problem, but it's also a problem that 38 of the convicted were Danes with Danish background. I 2004, 1.792 sexual crime charges against Danes with Danish origin - And 356 charges against immigrants/descendants with non-Western origin. (A large part of all sexual crimes are crimes against decency)

39.7% is kind of a big number... Whether it's a natural side-effect of poor integration is the question.

In the capital of Norway - Oslo, immigrants are responsible for 80% of all rape: http://www.aftenposten.no/english/local/article190268.ece
But I guess now I'm a racist for just mentioning this. Oh well.

You need to stop posting without back up. Where are your sources for these statistics? I believe you were just warned about that yet you continue to pull numbers out of your ass. I can't understand anything in the link you posted but I don't see any of the numbers you posted in there, so you must have gotten that from somewhere else.

While 65 percent of those charged with rape are classed as coming from a non-western background, this segment makes up only 14.3 percent of Oslo's population. Norwegian women were the victims in 80 percent of the cases, with 20 percent being women of foreign background.
65% it was. Link said 80%, hm. Anyway, 65% rape-rate among an immigrant population of 14.3%. That's from this article: http://www.aftenposten.no/english/local/article190268.ece
About actual access to the study, you know the deal: You rarely get it.

About the 39.7: That was the wrong link, I'll find the correct one.
EDIT: This is where I found it: http://64.233.183.104/search?q=cach...ldtægter+indvandrere&hl=da&ct=clnk&cd=3&gl=en

I guess 39.7 was the guy's calculation. 63 charged with rape. 25 immigrants of 63 charged - 39.7... seems to be right...? Anyway, numbers are irrelevant. With an only 8%-large minority in Denmark, it should be nowhere near 25. Of course this statistic would change if all women reported rape, especially Muslim ones I think. I mean, "Submission" by Theo Van Gogh wasn't made for no reason! :(

****, man. If shit like that went down in a building I lived in, you can bet I would get off my ass, grab my AR-15 and bid that bastard a good morning...
Right, so that's a life sentence and a coffin for table three. Would you like some incendiary media rhetoric with that?

65% it was. Link said 80%, hm. Anyway, 65% rape-rate among an immigrant population of 14.3%. That's from this article: http://www.aftenposten.no/english/local/article190268.ece

EDIT: This is where I found it: http://64.233.183.104/search?q=cach...ldtægter+indvandrere&hl=da&ct=clnk&cd=3&gl=en

I guess 39.7 was the guy's calculation. 63 charged with rape. 25 immigrants of 63 charged - 39.7... seems to be right...? Anyway, numbers are irrelevant. With an only 8%-large minority in Denmark, it should be nowhere near 25. Of course this statistic would change if all women reported rape, especially Muslim ones I think. I mean, "Submission" by Theo Van Gogh wasn't made for no reason! :(

Haven't had a chance to review your sources yet but it doesn't seem you posted a source for your 8% statistic of immigrats. If you haven't please post that and I'll get back to you tomorrow when I come back to work, I doubt I'll be looking at this at home (though you might get lucky :naughty:).

Too many numbers.

Advocates and law enforcement authorities say domestic violence often is a taboo topic in the male-dominated Somali community. Women are strongly discouraged from reporting it, said Omar Jamal of the Somali Justice Advocacy Center. There is a ?deep mistrust in the system,? he said. ?This case created bad disagreement in the community. Most of the men didn?t like that the women [took the case] this far.?

This had to have come from somewhere. Unless Nemesis pulled it out of his ass and made it up completely, then it sounds like it's true, since it apparently came from law enforcement authorities. If it is true, then Somali culture surely is sexist, and Nemesis is right.

This had to have come from somewhere. Unless Nemesis pulled it out of his ass and made it up completely, then it sounds like it's true, since it apparently came from law enforcement authorities. If it is true, then Somali culture surely is sexist, and Nemesis is right.

And white culture isn't sexist?

Most cultures are sexist, damnit!

And white culture isn't sexist?

Most cultures are sexist, damnit!

I dunno, I wouldn't say most men in say British society would object to a woman reporting a case of domestic abuse. It is a bit of a taboo here I suppose, but you'd be hard pressed to find a man who thinks that women should just put up with abuse. But yeah, most cultures are sexist, I just don't think they're all as sexist as that report suggested. Unless I'm being naive.

I dunno, I wouldn't say most men in say British society would object to a woman reporting a case of domestic abuse. It is a bit of a taboo here I suppose, but you'd be hard pressed to find a man who thinks that women should just put up with abuse. But yeah, most cultures are sexist, I just don't think they're all as sexist as that report suggested. Unless I'm being naive.

Because those men don't admit to it or they have some ****ed-up view of "abuse" that doesn't include women taking physical or mental punishment but rather not letting the missus cook for you after you beat her senseless.

Well, apart from noticeably trying to avoid eye contact with me when I shouted "SOMEONE CALL THE POLICE." People are slime.

These people are on the forums, to boot.

Good find, Nemisis. :thumbs:

I dunno, I wouldn't say most men in say British society would object to a woman reporting a case of domestic abuse. It is a bit of a taboo here I suppose, but you'd be hard pressed to find a man who thinks that women should just put up with abuse.
No you wouldn't. People's perceptions and tolerance abuse are amazing.
Some people (and I'd be one of them) would say that shouting and verbal abuse can be a serious form of intimidation. I would say that this constitutes domestic abuse (albeit mental not physical), however a lot of men would consider that absolutely fine, because they're not actually touching their partners.
Other men would say that the odd slap (plus the intimidation) doesn't constitute domestic violence.
Most of these men would then also say that they don't like doing it, but their wives/partners force them to lose their tempers. It's always the victim's fault.

I tried to stop a guy beating his girlfriend near a crowded bus stop once and ended up taking some punches to the face for my trouble. He was some huge black guy with gemstones in his teeth, plus my bus ended up arriving so I didn't retaliate, but noone else at that bus stop did a thing at any point. Well, apart from noticeably trying to avoid eye contact with me when I shouted "SOMEONE CALL THE POLICE." People are slime.

Yeah I hate people like that..you try to do the right thing and think that at least someone would have your back or at the very least call the police. The ****er probably got away with it too since everyone was too scared to do anything.

I know sometimes people are afraid to act in situations but sometimes you have to otherwise scumbags like that get to do whatever the hell they want. Hopefully he went to jail though..

Back