Adrian Shepherd return?

Samon said:
Thank god Shephard lovers don't work for Valve, or at least most of them, they have next to no perception of how to implement him. "lol he wuz a bady in op4 so he shud work for teh combine lol. yer cuz tht makes sense lol!"
Yeah, ok.

Or we've Shephard fans who have next to no idea who Shephard was in the first place! "OPPRESSION HAS AN OLD ENEMY, AND HE'S BACK!"
Yes, because we all know Shephard fought oppression in Opposing force. No, oh wait, he was the oppressor! lololool

!

my god he sooooooooooo funny :|

Damn you Samon! Damn you to.... HELL!

:p

I quite liked Shepherd. So there!

And if you say "what's to like?", he's almost identical to Freeman. Freeman had a face, Adrian was just a gasmask- and that's the only difference.

Neither emotes, neither speaks, neither actually interacts with their enviroment outside of what the player does with them- so just as immersion led many of us to attribute a personality to Freeman, the same happened to Shepherd, even though we never see his actual face.

hot564231 said:
my god he sooooooooooo funny :|

Ouch, I think I touched a nerve with using Opposing Shephard as my example.

Edcrab, you is banned!

LaidLaw can make Shepard work, it requires a little brain juice. After all, it is his job to be creative. So, presented with the opportunity, it could be pulled off well.

xirow said:
And I doubt Shephard himself would want to kill Gordon.

Why? Shepard Knows nothing of the events post BMI. The only thing he scraped together about his original mission is that the marines were hunting Freeman. If Freeman survived that ment that the marnies didnt. And that means he would probubly want payback.

Also, He would probubly bear a grude against the vortigaunts. Remember, his memories from when his osprey crashed to when he was revived by the scientist are of marines fighting with vorts. He would naturally assume that they were his enemy and probubly try and kill any that he met.

As for being dropped in his PCV, could you possibly explain how else he'd get his hands on one? any remaining examples would probubly have been destroied/confiscated during and after the 7 hour war. And any examples would be compatible with the old style PCV/HEV charging stations, not the new combine power-thingys. That means he'd have one charge.

He doesnt work, comprendae?

Bob_Marley said:
Why? Shepard Knows nothing of the events post BMI. The only thing he scraped together about his original mission is that the marines were hunting Freeman. If Freeman survived that ment that the marnies didnt. And that means he would probubly want payback.
He never even got his mission. All he knew about Freeman was a few comments that a few grunts made.

Bob_Marley said:
Also, He would probubly bear a grude against the vortigaunts. Remember, his memories from when his osprey crashed to when he was revived by the scientist are of marines fighting with vorts. He would naturally assume that they were his enemy and probubly try and kill any that he met.
I never felt threatened by the Vorts in HL2. I was shocked when I first realised what they were. I saw them with citizens and rebels and didn't attack (I didn't know there wasn't any firendly fire). If Shephard is introduced to them in a similar way he'd probably be the same.

Bob_Marley said:
As for being dropped in his PCV, could you possibly explain how else he'd get his hands on one? any remaining examples would probubly have been destroied/confiscated during and after the 7 hour war. And any examples would be compatible with the old style PCV/HEV charging stations, not the new combine power-thingys. That means he'd have one charge.
Yeah, of course he could steal some Combine armour :p

Bob_Marley said:

He doesnt work, comprendae?

"I have modified your suit to take power from Combine energy outlets, which are plentiful where ever they patrol," the same could be done with Shepard's PCV. Although, it doesn't necessarily mean that has to be his armor of choice.

Also, not everyone has creative insight. Leave that to Valve, okay?. There are a million different ways to tell a story.

Oh lordy.

I he whould come back, gman probably has a plan for it dont you think? He whouldnt just send him stright into combat and say: good luck fella!!!
I wonder what valve has in store for us.

Bob_Marley said:

Shephard was only doing his job in Opposing Force. But sure, he’ll hate Gordon for killing of all his buddies. And the first thing he wants to do after coming out of stasis, is killing Gordon. But I don’t think it will take him long to figure out there is nothing left of the human race. And the humans that still are alive, are oppressed by some powerful alien race. He’ll know there are more important issues than hunting down Freeman.

And the Vortigaunts where also Gordon’s enemies, but Gordon never killed any in HL2.

Rizzo89 said:
I he whould come back, gman probably has a plan for it dont you think? He whouldnt just send him stright into combat and say: good luck fella!!!

Well that’s basically what he did with Gordon. I’m sure the Gman has a plan. But he doesn’t tell the player anything about it.

Great point.

I have said this many times but ill say it again, if valve dicides to bring back Shepard, they wont just throw him in for shits and giggles.They will make it work.

Samon said:
Haha, and I thought Eejits sig was enough to flatten me into ridicule. :LOL:

So did I ;)

Hmm, with G-man losing control of Gordon maybe that explains why we may see Shepard in future.
...Cheer up Samon, maybe Gordon gets to kill him ;)

UltimaApocalyspe said:
I am ANTI ADRIAN SHEPHARD

That is sooo discriptive. :rolleyes:

Makes you sound like you reall have a opinion backed up with reasons. :rolleyes:

I see Samon already beat me to it on the first page, but let me also say,

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

Eejit also beat me to saying the only way Adrian would work is the G-man using him to get back at Freeman now that he's escaped his control. But I also can't see that happening, what with the trouble G-man's gone to to secure Freeman as an asset. G-man WOULD be the type to throw someone away after they've served their purpose, but bringing out an old "enemy" just to spite Gordon? Unlikely. I'll still hold out for it in some little corner of my mind, just for the chance to shoot Adrian Shephard in the face.

It'd be great if, at the end of Adrian's next appearance, he gets the Adrian Shephard again, but to another, more painful dimension...somewhere untenable. :devil:

Combine CP said:
That is sooo discriptive. :rolleyes:

Makes you sound like you reall have a opinion backed up with reasons. :rolleyes:
What more do you want?

I don't HATE Shephard, I just think he is completely POINTLESS. He doesn't fit in and should therefore DIE a horrible and PAINFUL death. Also, the Barnicle gun SUCKS.

Samon said:
NOOOOOOOOO.

Shephard for the lose. I don't see any point in brining him back, at all. Why? What need? What for? He achieved nothing. Apologies, but I tire greatly of this Shephard love.

okay Samon its well known we both agree to disagree on bringing Shephard back and the theories that would go along with bringing him back but hey, if the people over at Valve may want to bring him back, then why not?

do you suddenly not trust Valve to do a good job?
or do you just love hating for the heck of it? :p

Darkside55 said:
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!
It'd be great if, at the end of Adrian's next appearance, he gets the Adrian Shephard again, but to another, more painful dimension...somewhere untenable. :devil:

Concur.

UltimaApocalyspe said:
What more do you want?

I don't HATE Shephard, I just think he is completely POINTLESS. He doesn't fit in and should therefore DIE a horrible and PAINFUL death. Also, the Barnicle gun SUCKS.

Concur.

Dr. Freeman said:
okay Samon its well known we both agree to disagree on bringing Shephard back and the theories that would go along with bringing him back but hey, if the people over at Valve may want to bring him back, then why not?

Not in concurrence!

Dr. Freeman said:

I don't know about him but I love hating for the heck of it:LOL: .
Oh yeah and: Adrian Shepherd return

Yeeeeeeeeeeessssssss!!!!!
Looool

What do you think his purpose will be in the future if they whould bring him back?

To have him in The 7 hour war whould onely suck, seeing how that people that dont like him, dont like him becouse he fails to achivie anything, and if he where to be in the 7 hour war, he whouldnt realy be in favor to anyone. It whould just be another big failure.

He couldnt possibly be chaising Gordon around, seeing how the bigger threat whould make the chase petty and stupid.
Unless they whould make him into a combine or the gman simply orders him to do so or die.

He could be a friendly NPC who doesnt talk.

(Gordon did speak in half life and half life2. We just didnt hear it.)

The G-man could easily manipulate him into fighting Gordon. All he'd have to do is make sure Adrian is wearing Combine equipment when he brings him back. Everything could follow on from there.

And he may not have to actually fight Gordon, just the Rebels he's helped (along with invading wildlife I suppose).

Okey. But why whould gman send one man to fight the combine, and then send one to fight the rebels?

Rizzo89 said:
Okey. But why whould gman send one man to fight the combine, and then send one to fight the rebels?

my good sir plz listen to the breen Speech at the end of HL2, it gives you some clue on what the G-man was doing with gordon

hot564231 said:
my good sir plz listen to the breen Speech at the end of HL2, it gives you some clue on what the G-man was doing with gordon

huh???

What Hot is attempting to say is, Gman is hiring out Gordon to whatever bidder comes up first - whether it be rebels, or Combine. But dear god if he hires Shephard to the Combine I will cry. Its kinda like saying..."Lol, letz make shaperd a baddie cuz he wuz kind a baddi in OP4. LOOOOOL!!ONoneone!"

Silly.

Rizzo89 said:
To have him in The 7 hour war whould onely suck, seeing how that people that dont like him, dont like him becouse he fails to achivie anything, and if he where to be in the 7 hour war, he whouldnt realy be in favor to anyone. It whould just be another big failure.

Unless Shephard become a Combine in the 7-Hour War, he would fail anyway. We already know the humans LOSE.

But Shepard being in the 7-Hour War would make sense. The game would have to have some sort of conclusion, rather than the screen just fading randomly. And if we play as Shephard, a G-Man ending would work out.

If it took place during the 7-Hour War, G-Man would probably come scoop up Shephard at the end. And then he'd tell Shephard to go kick some Freeman ass. Everyone knows Shephard could easily break Gordon in half with or without his suit.

Rizzo89 said:
What do you think his purpose will be in the future if they whould bring him back?

does it matter?
is it not enough knowing that Valve would be doing the story and whatever they decide to do would be for the best since they know the Half Life universe the best? :p

DeusExMachina said:
If it took place during the 7-Hour War, G-Man would probably come scoop up Shephard at the end. And then he'd tell Shephard to go kick some Freeman ass. Everyone knows Shephard could easily break Gordon in half with or without his suit.

Sadly I have to agree with you, ONLY because Shephard has special military training. Take that away, and Freeman will kick his ass MIT style.

Yeah, Freeman will be able to use his knowledge of maths and physics to give a lecture to Adrian, thoroughly confusing the poor grunt... to the point of death!

Adrian ftw.

I dont think Shepard whould kill Gordon. Gordon killed countless grunts in Half life, and faced much bigger threats. The onely reason Shepard is till alive is becouse he and Freeman never crossed paths.

There's no way to compare their fighting skills. You play both of them. You never see them fight from a 3rd person view.
How good at fighting they are only depends on who's playing.

Yeah of course the game whouldnt have changed if Gordons name had been changed to Sheepard, but what i mean is that Gordon had thougher(harder?)
challenges. Also seeing how Gman chose Gordon to be his main champion.

Gordon vs. Adrian

Gordon wins.

True, OpFor was probably easier than HL1. But since you, as Adrian, completed it what's to say 'he' was pushed to his limit? There's no imperical way of seeing who is stronger.

As for why the Gman chose Gordon to be his champion in HL2, it could simply be because the leading Rebels already knew him. We don't know enough about his motives.

In my opinion there's simply no way to tell.

Samon said:
What Hot is attempting to say is, Gman is hiring out Gordon to whatever bidder comes up first - whether it be rebels, or Combine. But dear god if he hires Shephard to the Combine I will cry. Its kinda like saying..."Lol, letz make shaperd a baddie cuz he wuz kind a baddi in OP4. LOOOOOL!!ONoneone!"

Silly.

i never liked the idea of Shephard being a bad guy, seems silly for the HL2 world (and don't say OS was trying to do that, it far from the truth)

anyway it would make much sense to have Shephard trying to kill gordon in a world that the combine are starting to lose control in...

hot564231 said:
i never liked the idea of Shephard being a bad guy, seems silly for the HL2 world (and don't say OS was trying to do that, it far from the truth)

anyway it would make much sense to have Shephard trying to kill gordon in a world that the combine are starting to lose control in...

I am aware that in OS, he aided the resistance. But simply put, in Half-life the antagonists are never really evil, unless you count the Combine, but we've yet to really see into their true intentions. Shephard wasn't a bad guy, he was merely doing what he'd been told to do - cleanse Black Mesa and kill Freeman, the saboteur.

Breen isn't a bad guy as such. Sure he's an ass with ill intentions but he's still giving it his best shot to secure what he see's - a prosperous future for mankind.

Back